WiFi dropping when connecting to certain servers.

Aegeah's Avatar Aegeah8/30/15 7:28 am
1 emeralds 231 2
8/30/2015 9:47 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
(Not sure if this was the correct place to put it but tell me.)

Hey PMC I was wondering if you could help me out here.

Usually, when I go on Mineplex and have to wait for the ad to let me join a game, by the time that 15 or so seconds have elapsed, my WiFi has decided to drop (there are rare occasions that I make it into a game, but get disconnected during it). I have no clue why. It seems to only be on Mineplex though (and occasionally games on Hive). Other instances that this has happened is when I go onto Hypixel to play pixel painters. Usually, but not always, before the game is over I find that my WiFi has dropped. Again, no clue why.

It only happens on these servers though, so I think it might be something to do with the amount of players, but that doesn’t seem like it should make my WiFi disconnect me. If it is, well damn.

Computer info (don’t kill me because I have a macbook pro):

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
500 GB SATA disk, 435.9 of 499.25 available (not sure if that makes a difference).

It might just be my internet because BT is literal festering crap, but it shouldn’t keep disconnecting me. It’s not like I’m even that far away from the router. Router is BT HomeHub 2 with unlimited broadband.
Aegeah
Level 70 : Legendary Fisherman