TsukiaKari's Monthly Themed Challenge (test run :3)fiber_new

TsukiaKari's Avatar TsukiaKari9/1/20 5:41 pm history
11 emeralds 381 6
9/14/2020 5:34 pm
Fqsh's Avatar Fqsh
here’s to a good start

Hello peoples, I’m starting a new monthly (hopefully) challenge event!

About This Event:
I’m challenging skinners to hopefully try to improve or try out more varieties of skins, whether they be good at it or not. This event is to challenge your skinning skills and just try something different whether it turns out good or not! Each month, I will have a poll up to chose the theme for that month. Special months like October and December will have festive themed options in the poll (like Halloween and Christmas themes). Then for the rest of the month skinners make one skin using the theme. At the end of the month, I will edit this forum post with a highlights section showcasing some skins that were entered into this challenge and picking up to 5 people who entered to get a flat colored sketch request :D

Usually this event will have a poll to choose a theme, but since this is a test run for the month of September I decided to preemptively choose a theme for the month and see how well the event does. I’m not sure how this will be received so I decided to test it before going full throttle :>

Anyways, have fun and good luck!

Rules
1. There is no limit to the number of entries but only none is needed.
2. Do not be harsh on other people's entries.
3. This event is about exploring the limits of your skinning capabilities, so feedback and/or criticism is appreciated but please be kind with your wording and ask first before giving your thoughts. Try to also give feedback on how they can improve as well instead of just saying they didn't do well.
4. If I see or am told that someone has been rude in the comments of an entry, I will check on the comment and if it is indeed against rule 2 or 3 then I will not hesitate to remove you from that event.
5. Doing the same kind of skin for each month for this event but still being the outside of what you normally do is fine but please try out different kinds as much as you can.
6. If you are picked to receive an art request at the end of the month, please reply back with your request within two weeks or else your request will expire.
7. If you had received an art request the previous time you entered, you will not be picked the current month.

Event Periods
5 days before start of month: Theme suggestions and poll

24 days into the month: Skinning time and submit entries

However many days left until the end of the month: Highlights and art requests

Art Request Info
If you have been picked to receive an art request at the end of the month, here is the following info you need to know:

The style will be a cleaned sketch with flat color and simple shading

I will draw:
Humans
Kemenomimi (animal ears and tails)
Horns and Wings
& other humanoid species

I will not draw:
NSFW
Gore
Animals (cuz im bad)
Complicated Machinery (also cuz im bad)

OCs and fanart of existing characters are okay as long as they fit with the above requirements

When you have been picked, I will PM you a question asking what you'd like. Reply with whatever info you can, and after that I'll ask for any specific info I'll need if any.

This month's theme is: Glaring Sunset

Participants + Entries
TsukiaKari - Glaring Sunset

Please tag your entries with #TMTCtestrun !

Participant Badge:

Also, I made an official discord server for this event! Join with this link for real time updates, a little more organization than is possible with a single forum post, and an easier way to ask questions :D

TsukiaKari
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Necromancer