I Need Ideas for my Minecraft Mod

Drake__archer's Avatar Drake__archer2/20/24 7:19 am history
2/25/2024 2:57 pm
Drzzter's Avatar Drzzter
I am making a mod called Breaking Dirt that adds Enderdust.
I figured out how to make it, but I don't know what should happen while you are under its effect.

The only ideas I have are:

Your screen has a crazy, psychedelic effect/shader
Every 5-10 seconds you will act like a Zombie for 3 seconds, as in you will attack other Players
If you eat more Enderdust while under the effect, you will die with the death message, “Player overdosed on Enderdust“

Since the process of of making Enderdust is super complicated, your reward should be useful, so that the whole process was worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Drake__archer
Level 10 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2024 2:57 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Drug-related discussion/submissions are not allowed on our site. If you want to give it a "fantasy twist" to differentiate it from real, harmful substances, you can get feedback/post it here, but please do not reference the inspirations for your mod here anymore. Continuing to do so will subject this post to removal/lock. We don't like to encourage/normalize dangerous substances in a community primarily composed of younger, more impressionable users. I hope you understand.

Please reach out to me privately if you want to talk about it further.
02/23/2024 12:18 pmhistory
Level 39 : Artisan Wolf
Sun9ty
Hoping your mod doesn't get into trouble, I'd recommend

1. Strength V (Enderdust boosts your muscles)

2. Withdrawal Effect (Once the Enderdust has worn out, you will experience Slowness II and Sickness)

3. Speed II (Your heart is working harder thanks to Enderdust);

4. -2 Hearts (To make Enderdust not overpowered, the player immediately loses 2 hearts for consuming it. Also, this subtly teaches players the harm real-world drugs cause)

5. Absorption (Enderdust numbs pain, so swords and arrows won't hurt too quickly)

6. BONUS: Addiction (Similar to the Bad Omen effect, if the player consumes Enderdust at least 5 times, they will experience Weakness II. To cure the addiction, the player needs to wait either 2 real-time hours, or make a special, hard-to-craft herb)

Those are my recommendations, and assuming the TOS stuff is sorted out, they would make a potent substance :)
02/22/2024 1:16 am
Level 32 : Artisan uwu
LBoomsky
blud
tell me this is not your enderman headcanon
02/20/2024 7:49 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
tf8
make it have a pshychedelic shader, and make it so that you cant control your body for 5 seconds, you will break blocks, place blocks, attack other players and go in random directions.
02/20/2024 9:34 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Modder
Drake__archer
was already thinking of the pshychedelic shader and having the player act like a zombie every so often, but the process to make Enderdust is super complicated, so i feel your reward shouldn't be completely negative.
02/21/2024 12:24 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
tf8
then it could be like, you get 10+ more hearts but you just move in random directions sometimes and do some zombie stuff once in a while for like, 3 minutes or 2 minutes
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome