A Quesiton To Skin Makers

King_Trelicon's Avatar King_Trelicon9/23/11 11:35 am
9/23/2011 12:10 pm
halucid's Avatar halucid
How long do you usually work on a skin, and what progam do you use?

-You've Been Trulled
King_Trelicon
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

halucid
09/23/2011 12:10 pm
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
HakkeKoshu
halucidWhat halucid said.

I guess you haven't tried out custom mode from SkinCraft? ;-;
No mixing skins there.

Oh I have. I've tried every skin site, and I frequent them as well. It's the best way for me to keep up on the mixable content they offer. That way I can easily spot a mixed skin submitted here, and remove it when necessary.

And I am familiar with the manual editing features of SkinCraft, I was just referring to it's mixing capabilities:

IIf you absolutely insist on mixing skins, use SkinCraft.

However, if you're going to make a skin from scratch, you might as well use MCSkinEdit. It's much easier, and much more powerful.
skull983398
09/23/2011 12:08 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
I used to use paint shop pro, but someone introduced me to the Skin Edit program, and I will never go back. Get Skin Edit here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/379 ... a-3-pre-7/
Kytoko
09/23/2011 12:03 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
My skin was made in Photoshop CS5, based using an earlier skin (now removed) I made of a friend, took me in total around an hour I think
HakkeKoshu
09/23/2011 12:02 pm
Level 44 : Master Ninja
halucidWhat halucid said.

I guess you haven't tried out custom mode from SkinCraft? ;-;
No mixing skins there.
halucid
09/23/2011 11:56 am
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
1 to 2 hours, MCSkinEdit and GIMP

Of course, I only make skins from scratch. This is the only real way to establish yourself in the skinning community. Mixing skins is cheating, unimaginative, and unoriginal. No self respecting skinner would ever mix a skin together using parts made by some other guy, and there is no pride to be taken from such a deed.

The problem with those mixing sites is that 99% of the "parts" are taken from other people's skins without permission. Such mixed skins are not permitted on PMC.

If you absolutely insist on mixing skins, use SkinCraft. All the parts there are made exclusively for SkinCraft. These skins will not be removed from PMC, but they certainly won't get much support.
Hiro
09/23/2011 11:49 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
I use paint.net for most of my work, (Yeah I shouldn't talk about my "work" since I only have 2 skins up but,) Its a great free program. If I make a hat on the skin I will use skin edit, and sometimes photoshop.
HakkeKoshu
09/23/2011 11:55 am
Level 44 : Master Ninja
Paint.net is really good,and has alot of shades,I like it.
I usually make the plain base with Skincraft on Newgrounds,and then shade it with Paint.net.
BonreoCat
09/23/2011 11:46 am
Level 29 : Expert Skinner
Hmm,I use SkinCraft Provided on www.newgrounds.com and www.minecraftcistomizer.net

As for the time...My latest skin took a little more than 10-15 minutes(I'm horrible at keeping track of time)

Link to skin.http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/cornish-rex-cat/
MinerSet1
09/23/2011 11:41 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Skinner
1 Hour, And SkinEditor On The Forums.
thebuilder1
09/23/2011 11:40 am
Level 32 : Artisan Geek
skin edit is good or paint.net:)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024