Workshop Tips

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie4/13/19 9:21 am history
71 emeralds 5.8k 16
3/22/2023 4:08 am
LeneMarlin's Avatar LeneMarlin
The workshop section of the Planet Minecraft forums is a place where you can offer or request free content creation.

You can offer or request; builds, skins, textures, renders, graphics, animations, art, banners and more! Just keep in mind that on this site, any kind of commercial advertisement and selling is prohibited. See section 3.1 of the rules.

❓ Tips for when you request content:
  • Mention what you're requesting in your title. If your title is "request" or "please help" then creators will be less likely to look at your thread. Try a title like "Requesting drawing of my original character." or "Request: Spooky castle server spawn build."
  • Include a clear description of what you're looking for. Be as precise as possible because it is not easy for creators to work with a vague description. Reference images are always good to add in (use the insert/edit media button and use an image URL). If you simply put "PM me for more info" then creators are unlikely to contact you, because they have no clue what they're signing up for.
  • Be polite in your request. "I need x" sounds nowhere near as nice as "Could someone please make x".
  • Before you post a new thread, look for offering threads first. Somebody might be offering just the service you're looking for. So browse the list of threads on the workshop before you create a new thread.

🎁 Tips for when you offer content:
  • Mention what you're offering in your title. "Requests" is not a good title, since people won't know if you're offering or requesting something. "Taking requests" is vague too, requests for what? Try a title like "Offering custom server spawn builds." or "Skin shop for human skins.".
  • Make sure you have some examples of your work, so that people who request will have an indication of what they can expect you to make for them.
  • Give a clear indication of how much time you might take to finish a request. This prevents people from getting impatient or looking elsewhere. Offering a limited amount of slots might help, so that you don't get flooded with a lot of requests at the same time.
  • Set some rules and guidelines. Make it very clear what you will and will not create. Perhaps make a standard form, or give requesters some tips (like the ones above) on how to submit a clear request.
  • Keep an eye out for request threads on the workshop. Someone may have requested just the thing you're offering. It would be great if you could help them.
DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2023 4:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LeneMarlin
Your suggestions are very helpful. I used it for my favorite flappy bird posts and it's a good sign that a lot of people have come to me to challenge. This is really great.
09/30/2021 10:51 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Collective
Keiran_881
What is the size for the image in editing??
04/29/2021 9:17 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Gamenight999474
Good post. I would add that putting in order of vagueness makes you pop up more. For example:
“Skin Steve discord debate” would pop up a LOT less than:
“Steve skin debate (discord)” and is more understandable too.
04/07/2021 8:05 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Bear
winston___
helpful
03/30/2021 1:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
Nullio
cool info
02/17/2021 6:12 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
ImYourFwend_
thanks for the info, DinowCookie!
02/17/2020 3:02 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Yogfan14
Do they have to be Minecraft related? I'm a cartoon artist with commissions currently open and I was hoping to expand my platform here and advertise my works, but most of it is Steven Universe/Legend of Zelda/My Little Pony related and I just wanted to check first before posting a thread about it.
07/10/2021 10:19 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Toast
VinsPlayer
If you do art related stuff I suggest doing a blog instead of a forum thread
02/17/2020 7:17 amhistory
DinowCookie
It doesn't need to be Minecraft related, PMC is a creative community fansite and you're free to share non-Minecraft things.

However make sure to not advertise paid services, PMC doesn't allow commercial advertisements. You can only offer free services here. You can however mention that you're available for commissions, and have a link on your profile's socials. :)

The blog section is also a nice place to have an art portfolio. 😊
01/24/2020 11:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
swain01
How to insert watermark in photohop ?
01/23/2020 6:28 pmhistory
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
TheRealTFREDMAN
If you're making skins, go to Skinseed.
12/07/2019 4:43 pm
Level 47 : Master Creeper Hugger
aIIah
ok
10/13/2019 4:21 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
TheodorAndrei
Cool!
05/22/2019 9:14 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Strange that all this needs to be restated, but the continuing flow of new folks seems to make that desirable…

Well put :>:
06/28/2019 3:15 pm
DinowCookie
What's obvious to one, may be new information to another 😅 I wouldn't have written this if it weren't inspired by people forgetting several of these points rather frequently!
04/13/2019 1:19 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
FishyBusiness
Nice! :P
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome