Need Textures for WIP Game

Schwerpunkt_'s Avatar Schwerpunkt_9/25/14 9:47 pm
1 emeralds 11.3k 194
11/3/2015 1:41 pm
dummyaccount's Avatar dummyaccount
Here is a quote from the old page I had before we had setbacks:
mr_T CreationsHello.
Me and the coders I have decided to start making our own game. It is a 2D side scrolling game similar to terrarria, but with a whole unique game style. You will start out with 3-5 citizens, and you must control them and tell them what to do to build your town. You start out with nothing, but then you move from the stoneage up to Sci-Fi. The entire game is about building your civilization up, and advancing.
Now, the problem is, we have a few coders, but we lack texturers. What we need is completely original textures for each block, mob, etc.
Any texturing, or coding help we can get would be appreciated, but please note we do not have the full capability of paying people (yet) as we are on a very tight budget (for now).

Awhile back I started a project inspired by Tarn Adam's Dwarf Fortress. The idea of the game is a 2d side scrolling game where you have to build your towns, feed and protect your people, mine resources, get to the space age and colonize other planets, and much more. After a few setbacks, mostly a lack of time as the school year was ending and we had lots of work to finish the year with, and a restart in Java, we are getting back on track to making this game a reality. Our problem? Textures.

We do not have skilled sprite and block artists for the game at the moment. The main dev and I cannot pay anyone for the sprites and blocks textures, as the game lacks enough of a budget. We were wondering if anyone would like to help us by volunteering to help us make textures for the game. The average block texture is 8x8, and we already have a few textures made by a former team member, I will update this post with a few examples once I upload them to media fire.

Texturers:
cooljoesno
jackel01
Schwerpunkt_
Level 37 : Artisan Architect