Is 1.7.10 DEAD?

jtrent238's Avatar jtrent2384/20/17 6:09 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 28
6/15/2017 7:04 am
PrototypeTheta's Avatar PrototypeTheta
I'm not seeing many new mods for 1.7.10 anymore, so is it dead?
jtrent238
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
04/22/2017 2:40 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
1.7.10 is dead only because Forge devs are dropped support for Forge for 1.7.10. If somebody is going to find a bug in this version (like messed up AABB), nobody is going to fix that, and the only solution would be is to host your own version of Forge.

I do agree, however, it's not laziness that keeps big mods stuck at 1.7.10, but stupid changes to the API. Those changes add a lot of work to modders, but on other hand, JSON models are great or Capabilities system. JSON models allow people to create fancy models for blocks in texture packs or even cool item models like those rad katana swords, while capabilities allow more flexible way of storing mod's data while also allowing to create your APIs.

What other things are great about newer versions are that they're still supported by ForgeCrafters, much more hooks, and more. The problem with 1.7.10 modders with newer versions, is the need to relearn stuff, which can be quite hard. Other than that, I think new versions are great some of my mods weren't be possible without new features. That's my opinion, anyways
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome