Wispy Figures Consistently Seen In Singleplayer?

Zilver Lazarus's Avatar Zilver Lazarus8/17/16 1:30 am
6/8/2017 7:29 am
Saku123's Avatar Saku123
Hello there, everyone. I'm here to discuss my latest findings from my modded Minecraft singleplayer world. I have tried debunking these occurences by looking into the mods I have installed for 1.7.10.

I don't have any mods that would obviously be the source of these odd sightings included in my modpack. This would include the Herobrine mod potentially. Feel free to inform me of any mods that would cause the following occurences.

I wouldn't be telling you all this if I had stumbled upon an explanation, but here we go:
-----------------------------------------------------

It started on my modded singleplayer world that I had made for the sake of making detailed build projects. Stuff such as my OC family's home and etc were built on there. A few days ago, I decided to begin building a full-scale build of the mansion featured in Nintendo's title, Luigi's Mansion. I felt nostalgic as it was a part of my childhood and began building. Ironically, it wasn't long before I started seeing things that seemed odd.

The first sighting was when I was completing a hallway on the first floor. I was adding the dim lighting effects with redstone torches and I saw a wispy figure that looked fog-like and resembled the shape of a player. Although it looked like the shape of a player, it had no visible edges and simply just looked like condensed fog in the shape of a player. It appeared briefly at a distance of 7-8 blocks away from me and moved very quickly. It glided from the left to right and it came out of a doorway on the left, and went into an adjacent doorway on the right. I went to the room it moved into and found nothing.

The second, third and fourth sighting were even more brief and very similar to one another. This set of sightings after the first one happened about a few hours later, and happened a few minutes apart from each other. I only happened to see the figure while I was panning my field of view and walking around the work-in-progress mansion.

Then the most recent sighting of this figure was today. I was examining the Foyer of the mansion when I panned my field of view over to the doorway leading to the area containing the soon-to-be Nursery, Twin's Room, Study and Master Bedroom, I saw the figure again, only this time it was only 3 blocks away from me at the least. Instinctively, I freaked out as it glided from left to right past the doorway. Once it glided out of view by going behind the door frame, I reluctantly went to look and see if it was still there. I wanted to get a screenshot of this thing to show my friends what I found. Unfortunately (and perhaps fortunately), it wasn't there. The only thing that didn't make sense is that it would have had to pass through a wall to continue going in the direction it was moving.

I did have an explanation for all of this initially, which was that I was tired and seeing things, or just generally seeing things that weren't there. But, there are 4 reasons why this explanation fell apart. One. I was well-rested at the time of the sightings. Two. Why would this figure only exist in the game's field of view and not my own? I would have seen something off the screen as well if I was seeing things from fatigue. Three, the fifth sighting was too clear and too convincing to make me think that I was seeing things. And four, a white fog-like figure wouldn't have been mistaken for anything else due to my building palette being unable to recreate an illusion of this figure. (My palette consists of Willow logs, Borderless Smooth Sandstone and Dark Oak Planks).

Sorry for the long post, but I really want to get to the bottom of this, so if anyone finds any mod or anything that may debunk this, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks for reading.
Zilver Lazarus
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
05/13/2017 10:35 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
BooyBizzBoo
Zilver LazarusHello there, everyone. I'm here to discuss my latest findings from my modded Minecraft singleplayer world. I have tried debunking these occurences by looking into the mods I have installed for 1.7.10.

I don't have any mods that would obviously be the source of these odd sightings included in my modpack. This would include the Herobrine mod potentially. Feel free to inform me of any mods that would cause the following occurences.

I wouldn't be telling you all this if I had stumbled upon an explanation, but here we go:
-----------------------------------------------------

It started on my modded singleplayer world that I had made for the sake of making detailed build projects. Stuff such as my OC family's home and etc were built on there. A few days ago, I decided to begin building a full-scale build of the mansion featured in Nintendo's title, Luigi's Mansion. I felt nostalgic as it was a part of my childhood and began building. Ironically, it wasn't long before I started seeing things that seemed odd.

The first sighting was when I was completing a hallway on the first floor. I was adding the dim lighting effects with redstone torches and I saw a wispy figure that looked fog-like and resembled the shape of a player. Although it looked like the shape of a player, it had no visible edges and simply just looked like condensed fog in the shape of a player. It appeared briefly at a distance of 7-8 blocks away from me and moved very quickly. It glided from the left to right and it came out of a doorway on the left, and went into an adjacent doorway on the right. I went to the room it moved into and found nothing.

The second, third and fourth sighting were even more brief and very similar to one another. This set of sightings after the first one happened about a few hours later, and happened a few minutes apart from each other. I only happened to see the figure while I was panning my field of view and walking around the work-in-progress mansion.

Then the most recent sighting of this figure was today. I was examining the Foyer of the mansion when I panned my field of view over to the doorway leading to the area containing the soon-to-be Nursery, Twin's Room, Study and Master Bedroom, I saw the figure again, only this time it was only 3 blocks away from me at the least. Instinctively, I freaked out as it glided from left to right past the doorway. Once it glided out of view by going behind the door frame, I reluctantly went to look and see if it was still there. I wanted to get a screenshot of this thing to show my friends what I found. Unfortunately (and perhaps fortunately), it wasn't there. The only thing that didn't make sense is that it would have had to pass through a wall to continue going in the direction it was moving.

I did have an explanation for all of this initially, which was that I was tired and seeing things, or just generally seeing things that weren't there. But, there are 4 reasons why this explanation fell apart. One. I was well-rested at the time of the sightings. Two. Why would this figure only exist in the game's field of view and not my own? I would have seen something off the screen as well if I was seeing things from fatigue. Three, the fifth sighting was too clear and too convincing to make me think that I was seeing things. And four, a white fog-like figure wouldn't have been mistaken for anything else due to my building palette being unable to recreate an illusion of this figure. (My palette consists of Willow logs, Borderless Smooth Sandstone and Dark Oak Planks).

Sorry for the long post, but I really want to get to the bottom of this, so if anyone finds any mod or anything that may debunk this, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks for reading.

So Yes, It Does Seem Really Odd. Now I Don't Even Know What Luigi's Mansion Is, But From The Comments, it's About Ghosts. Now There Are A Few Explanations To What's Happening:
1. You're Lying
2. A Mod / Game Glitch
3. It Was A Trick Of The Light Reflected Upon Your Screen
4. Something Else Reflected Upon Your Screen
5. There Is Literally A Ghost Of Luigi's Mansion Haunting You.
The Fifth One Seems Really Unlikely. Look, Is It A Mod Or Something, It Could Be? Maybe The Light Reflected Off Your Screen, Randomly In The Shape Of A Player. If This Keeps Happening, You Should Contact Official People & Give Evidence Instead Of Word (Picture, Photo, Screenshot, etc.). Or Maybe You're Writing A Really Cool Entertaining Ghost Story. I Don't Know.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome