Rate your server!

JonSnovv's Avatar JonSnovv2/8/17 4:48 pm
2/26/2017 2:39 am
Ellie's Avatar Ellie
Hey Guys!

I will be rating servers on this topic. I will score the server a mark out of 100 based on originality, flair and how the community and staff are. I will be brutally honest!

Reply to this thread with your:
- Servers name:
- IP address:
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on:

I will edit my favorite servers into this post!
Hope to see you soon :p

Top Server: (so far)
Click to reveal
Stormheart:
IP -> mc.stormheart.net
JonSnovv
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/19/2017 11:55 am
JonSnovv
Anyone else?
02/19/2017 4:23 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
CaptainEvstike
Can I add this noob server. The owner falsebanned me for hacking because he hates me.
02/25/2017 1:32 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
No. That would be considered blacklisting.
02/25/2017 4:33 pm
CaptainEvstike
A while ago, the owner kept telling me to post something about his server on here. So, he did give me permission.
02/26/2017 2:39 am
Ellie
That would be him asking you to advertise it, not to blacklist it a while later as a bad server and get people to review it as one. So no.
02/21/2017 12:58 pm
JonSnovv
No, please don't post a server if the owner does not give you permission to or a server that you do not own.
02/22/2017 3:24 pm
CaptainEvstike
The owner kept telling me to post it on PMC, so can I post it here
02/25/2017 1:11 pm
JonSnovv
Okay sure
02/18/2017 9:25 am
JonSnovv
Bump
02/16/2017 5:21 am
Level 27 : Expert Ranger
Nutiler
Thanks for the good feedback
02/16/2017 5:06 pm
JonSnovv
Not a problem
02/15/2017 4:06 pm
JonSnovv
Anyone else want a rate?
02/14/2017 11:53 am
Level 1 : New Miner
FantasiaTryma
- Servers name: Elavation Skyblock
- IP address: 86.0.102.163
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on:
Elavation Skyblock is where the new and old are welcome, we invite all that come along and enjoy the server as much as the staff does. We are adding new ranks (Donator Rank) So it can keep it up. Enjoy the server is the main thing we really want. Thanks for reading this WE DONT NEED STAFF! WE HAVE HAD NEW PLUGINS RECENTLY BE ADDED TO THE SERVER TO MAKE THE EXPERIENCE OF PLAYING HERE MORE FUN. 24/7 EXCEPT FOR UPDATES AND SERVER CRASHES
02/14/2017 3:21 pm
JonSnovv
I couldn't connect to your server. I will change the mark when I can

0/100
02/13/2017 7:52 pm
CaptainEvstike
Fixed up my server, if you want to check it again, probably will still get bad rating, maybe +4 points?
02/14/2017 4:24 am
JonSnovv
I had another look today and moved your score up I like all of the NPCs in the spawn area and I like the idea of the story mode, however I don't recommend making it so hard (zombies that one shot you), however the spawn still looks quite bad and unorganised and that should be your main task.
02/14/2017 7:28 pm
CaptainEvstike
The zombies are supposed to act as a speedrun, a preview to see what will be around in the future. What part of spawn is exactly messy; the visibility of other areas of spawn buildings like the fields? The /spawn or another spawn. The factions spawn is under repair. We will be coming out with a better looking one.
02/15/2017 5:56 am
JonSnovv
A spawn doesnt have to be huge. A small village works nicely. All you have now is a wooden cylinder. Theres no depth or anything interesting to look at. also, try to avoid symmetry to an extent.
02/13/2017 4:01 pm
DTM_Panda
Thank you on your feedback I will try my best to improve on the loot and try to make my server more special then it already is:

as for the faction based review you gave me: reason behind it all

you can grief anything in the wildness even if an town dies you can still grief it or raid it.
but if an town is still active then you can't grief or raid it.

Because I like raiding even if i Join a server with over 200 players I don't like to do PVP as it annoying getting killed constantly so I like to have good armor that i customized myself or find around raiding places and generally have an relax and fantastic peaceful time playing my server..
02/13/2017 4:47 pm
JonSnovv
That's alright! Just remember, not every idea will make it, and if your idea is a common idea (which your server is) its less likely to get anywhere.
02/13/2017 3:30 pm
DTM_Panda
VamperonicMC (1.11)
vamperonicmc.nitrous.it
Towny Server with random loot and loads of places to raid. really small server and new
staff are friendly and nice. I sometimes give out free items every now and then to the players I troll. the loot i give out will be really op like fortune 20 pickaxe. Server is still WIP. server got loads of paid plugins. also got an nice spawn.

If you want me to give you certain information about spawn as most of it I built myself like the massive tree and the portal area that looks like you can pvp in their but u can't all for decoration.

sadly I can't tell you certain paid plugins due to its an server secret and i don't want other servers coping my server plugins if you can understand. but I will list the common ones if your prefer. I normally come on my server around 8am - 8pm gmt..

Server is new but been up for at least an month just haven't bothered releasing it to the public til now.. constantly changing.
02/13/2017 3:55 pm
JonSnovv
I liked the plugin that you used to scatter random buildings around the world randomly, however I suggest making the loot a little more useful, less random items with pointless enchantments and more useful materials such as logs and coal. You had towny with raiding which is nearly overdone as factions raiding - why would anyone want to play your server rather than a server with 200 players already. Im going to give you a:

9/100
02/13/2017 3:15 pm
CaptainEvstike
I did some work on NitroCraft, tried to fix it up and make it easier for players to find their way. Also added a miniature story which will play a small part in the server.

Edit: Also made a discord chat.
02/13/2017 11:27 am
Croftea
CloudyRealms
play.cloudyrealms.co
Creative and factions are a WIP and they are looking very good. There are a lot of custom plugins also.
02/13/2017 3:16 pm
JonSnovv
All this server has on it was sky block. I saw no evidence of custom plugins, and when I asked the owner he ignored me and after asking once more he rudely told me he has custom plugins but didn't specify which plugins or what they do. After playing the skyblock for 5 minutes I found it was terribly unbalanced: Money is very easy to obtain as you can complete simple addition maths question challenges every 2 minutes and every item in the shop has a very low price. The server is also very unoriginal therefore I give it a:

3/100
02/12/2017 5:15 pm
Dystopyan
- Servers name: The Dystopyan Society
- IP address: Dystopyan.World
- The server favors big iron, gold, blaze, slime, etc. farms and overall grind.
02/13/2017 6:42 am
JonSnovv
There was nothing special about this server. You had just built a fairly ugly looking spawn in a world, installed factions and installed some other free plugins. There was no sustainable starter kit so that is a big turn off for new players. The concept for farming is nice but there is nothing to encourage it. therefore I give the server:

5/100
02/12/2017 4:57 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Fizbb
Well as I said its new and we are still taking suggestions. What can we add?
02/12/2017 7:28 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Fizbb
- Servers name: PrimedTNT
- IP address: gg.primedtnt.com
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: Its a brand new server we don't have much players. It is factions with custom enchants and other cool features
02/12/2017 3:35 pm
JonSnovv
Probably the worst server I have been on to rate so far. First of all you are still on 1.8... No one will want to downgrade to join your server. secondly all you have done is downloaded a spawn, stuck it in a world and installed the factions plugin. You haven't even bothered to decorate it at all. There is 0 originality and 0 effort.
Therefore I give you a:

1/100
02/12/2017 6:50 am
JonSnovv
CaptainEvstike
JonSnovv
CaptainEvstike- Servers name: NitroCraft
- IP address: nitrocraft.mygs.co
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: We have a relatively small playerbase.

Another Factions with nothing special about it.. The buildings at spawn are messy, confusing and ugly.

12/100

Which buildings?
What would make it special?

The buildings were plain and boring. Some unnecessarily large. there was no real organisation or lay out to them, and it looks like you were too reliant on world edit as there was little manual detail.

and I can't tell you how to make a server original - you have to think about that yourself. there are probably thousands of servers identical to yours, so why would people want to join it..?
02/11/2017 9:17 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Speedyshehmir
Have any ideas to make it "stand out"?
02/11/2017 7:48 pm
CaptainEvstike
JonSnovv
CaptainEvstike- Servers name: NitroCraft
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: We have a relatively small playerbase.

Another Factions with nothing special about it.. The buildings at spawn are messy, confusing and ugly.

12/100

Which buildings?
What would make it special?
02/11/2017 6:36 pm
CaptainEvstike
- Servers name: NitroCraft
02/11/2017 7:07 pm
JonSnovv

17/100
02/11/2017 6:31 pm
JonSnovv
AgentchasewReply to this thread with your:
- Servers name: GameScape
- IP address: play.GSNetwork.net
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: Been around since 8/27/2012! I might not be on until later though! Hope you enjoy!

I thought the server was pretty good. As far as factions goes I thought it was a nice server. You have some other nice features which compliment the factions very well which you have implemented to the server quite nicely. Since you are over 4 years old (as you claim to be) you seem to have a nice player base and community. The spawn (which i presume is downloaded, sorry if I am wrong (mark not effected)) is quite good as it is not too big or too small and isn't confusing. Therefore I give you a

55/100

Keep it up!
02/11/2017 5:03 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Agentchasew
Reply to this thread with your:
- Servers name: GameScape
- IP address: play.GSNetwork.net
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: Been around since 8/27/2012! I might not be on until later though! Hope you enjoy!

02/11/2017 4:58 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Speedyshehmir
- Server name: Tactical Network | 1.8.8-1.11.X |
- IP address: play.tacticalnetwork.us
Hopefully you like it!
02/11/2017 6:19 pm
JonSnovv
Another server on the factions bandwagon. Nothing special at all... Just your typical Factions PVP server. However I will give you some credit for building the classic factions spawn yourself!

21/100

Maybe add a major feature that will make your server stand out from the crowd!
02/11/2017 12:39 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Princess
Armscelli
Servers name: Peridots Clod Clan
Server Ip: peridotsclodclan.club
Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: This is a brand new server so things are subject to change and our playerbase is getting there
02/11/2017 4:48 pm
JonSnovv
The server didn't really have anything unique or special about it. It was a plain survival server that used factions to claim land. For what it is, it does its job nicely however it is lacking a spawn with a nice atmosphere; at the moment its a mess, a few random buildings scattered about in a field. The staff there seemed fairly mature. For that reason I give the server:

34/100

Lots of room for improvement.
02/09/2017 12:11 pm
Level 27 : Expert Ranger
Nutiler
- Servers name: Stormheart
- IP address: mc.stormheart.net
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: We are pretty new so our player count is quite low most of the time.
02/11/2017 12:35 pm
JonSnovv
Honestly the best server I have ever played on in my life. You have reworked survival in such a way that it is refreshing and engaging to all players. It has a great level of depth to the game which can provide hours of entertainment. I would say

98/100

the missing 2 are for the relatively small player base!
02/13/2017 7:12 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Soccercrazyboy
This is great. I love people helping other people on the website. The good thing about this post is that it's not only good for the people who want to get reviewed it's also good for the people who are looking for a server. Thanks and good luck in the future!

---------------------------------------Edit-------------------------------------

I'll also be sure to check out this server!
02/13/2017 8:19 am
JonSnovv
Thanks for the positive feedback yeah stormheart was very good
People also ask me: "how can I make my server original/unique" - I can't answer that, they gotta think of something themselves!!
02/11/2017 4:54 pm
Ellie
Such subtle advertising for that server guys, haha.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome