Removing Mod Blocks from Worlds

GhostXavier's Avatar GhostXavier12/25/14 1:50 am
1 emeralds 3.4k 6
12/25/2014 4:39 pm
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
It's been a while since I've tried to turn on and off mods like I do in other games *cough*Skyrim*cough*

Let's say I were to remove a mod from my list and reload a world that had that mod. I recall from back when villages and villagers were first introduced that my friend's private server had an issue with generating handheld maps; they would crash the server on our world which used to run tekkit, but had to be removed due to complications.

Tangent aside, does that still happen?
Or does removing a mod from the folder and then reloading the world just change every mod block that exists in the world to air?

Is is still just safer to load an editor like MCEdit and manually remove all mods blocks first before uninstalling the mod itself?

Answers appreciated, thanks for your time!
GhostXavier
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/25/2014 2:19 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Using MCEdit you can fully see the mod blocks, but MCEdit won't know what block it is, and as such it will be 100% purple.
12/25/2014 4:39 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Heh..

That kind of describes MCEdit, in my opinion. It's 100% purple.
12/25/2014 2:11 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
GhostXavier
Accidentally posted it in the wrong forum apparently; my mistake.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Was definitely hoping to hear what all of you confirmed!
12/25/2014 3:09 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
if you remove a mod and reload a world it will automatically remove all items and blocks from the mods you remove there shouldnt be any issues with removing mods i've never encountered any problems anyways
12/25/2014 2:27 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
I'm fairly sure mod blocks will be removed automatically if the mods are removed ... However if you want to try that be sure to make a copy of the world before hand.
12/25/2014 2:19 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
the_blocktor
I think it is safer to use world edit or mcedit... I think it does turn it to air but I'm generally unexperienced- try to delete the blocks with mcedit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome