Skin not showing for others?

ChoZuri's Avatar ChoZuri3/1/15 4:25 am
1 emeralds 10k 5
3/1/2015 9:41 am
iixRose's Avatar iixRose
Does anyone else have this issue?

I have loaded a new skin on minecraft through the website (by clicking upload to minecraft from one of the skins websites), it shows up for me in game but others can't see my skin and it shows me as "Alex". This happens on LAN and on servers.

I found someone suggest eight things which is:
Here are eight possible reasons why your skin isn't showing:
1.Your skin has not refreshed yet. (If you're playing Minecraft 1.7 or above)
2.You never had a skin prior to the UUID update, which changes the way skins are stored (If you're playing any versions prior to 1.7)
3.You're not using a legal version of Minecraft, and therefore - Your skin isn't registered to your account.
4.The server you're playing on has online-mode=false. (Set to offline mode; no authentication)
5.You changed your char.png file within the minecraft.jar and not uploaded it to your minecraft profile.
6.You've uploaded it to your http://minecraft.net profile, but it's the WRONG dimensions (bigger than 64x64 pixels)
7.You're playing in offline mode.
8.None of youse have an internet connection.

and this is what I have done:

1. I have waited days for my skin to load so waiting 15 - 20 minutes for it to "refresh" isn't the fix. I have refreshed (closed and reloaded program) the client by restarting it, same as my friends.
2. I'm not sure what this means, but I haven't had an issue until a few weeks ago.
3. I have a legal, paid copy of minecraft, same as my friends.
4. I'm trying to load this on LAN not on a server.
5. I didn't change anything in any file, I directly uploaded it to the minecraft.net website.
6. I don't know how to check this? Im not using my own skin, im using others from a website.
7. I'm not playing in offline mode.
8. We all have an internet connection

Can anyone suggest anything to try or know a fix?
ChoZuri
Level 1 : New Miner