Suggestion: Teen Skin Category

Allergy_Man's Avatar Allergy_Man4/1/15 7:20 am
4/1/2015 2:07 pm
PixelCrash_'s Avatar PixelCrash_
A Separate Category?
So, you've probably seen teen skins, they aren't original, aren't made good, and they take up the popular reel. My idea is for teen skins to have their own section, away from the other skins. Teen skins should get less xp than awesome skins like Batman, and moderators wouldn't need to check the teen skin category since teen skins are always remixes.

I'll prove this by showing you a couple remixed skins.

As you can see, Panya stole this girl's skin, and posted it as her own.
(Please do not post skins you think are stolen below.)

Panya is a popular member, and she can get away with posting remixes, but regular skinners can't?

Do you they should have a separate category?
Allergy_Man
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/01/2015 2:07 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
With genius ideas like these, you could be a moderator! In fact, Cyprezz should just hand over the whole site to you

But in all seriousness, I think teen skinners like Panya get a little too much hate.
Oddly enough, I've seen stolen skins, but never a true re-colored one until now.
04/01/2015 11:52 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
aw heck yeah
04/01/2015 10:29 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
What I love is how you can scroll through the skins pop reel and see the exact same eyes.
04/01/2015 10:25 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
Dude, this is like, the best idea of all time. plus they should have there own tag! It should be like, "stupid. lame, unoriginal skin. Also known as teen skin" tag, it doesn't matter that it's a little long, it sums up teen skins :O
Allergy, you are a sooo smart! Why aren't you a Admin? your ideas are perfecto!
04/01/2015 10:17 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Lupinum
Yes, Teen Skins should be moved! They flood the submissions making it alot harder for people to get known which discourages people from making skins because they feel they aren't ever going to reach the levels of the likes of Kefka, Scarlet and so on...
04/01/2015 9:54 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
I think this is the perfect idea. We should award Allergy_Man with a SuperDuperModerator rank because of his awesomesauceness.
04/01/2015 8:09 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Because I can't tell if April fools prank or not, I'll treat as if serious suggestion.

Teen skins are still skins and while it might not be something you or myself enjoy looking at there are those people who do and believe it or not there is quite a variety in the skills of those who post them. There are actually a few teen skinners who skin better than the average decent skinner who posts things like batman, they are simply discounted because of their subject matter.

As far as the pop reel goes, while I don't like to only look at teen skins on the reel, the only way to counter it is for people to post content that is not teen skins, so if we don't want to see as many on the reel we need to post something ourselves otherwise we really can't complain about it if we aren't willing to do something.

Was told while typing that this was a joke/prank post, but my points still stand because I promise there are people who would post the exact same thing and 100% mean it.
04/01/2015 8:07 am
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
I think the teen section would be good, as it gives PMC more organization in my personal opinion. The only part I don't like is the rewarding-less-XP part. Some teen skinners take just as long and put as much effort into a skin than a non-teen skinner, so why would teen skinners be awarded with less when they're working with the same effort and time?
and why do i feel like this forum is an april fool's joke
04/01/2015 7:57 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
To me it appears the pink skin was posted 13 days prior to the blue one.. and I think they shouldn't be left out. Most of the minecraft popularity now uses them. And why would you delete ponyas skin when she posted hers 15 days ago and the blue one was 2 days??
04/01/2015 7:45 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
I'll just have to go ahead and delete Panyas skins now.

And Allergy I think this is a wonderful idea; Everything else has a separate section so why not teen skins! Infact, there should be an entire reel with just teen skins.
04/01/2015 7:43 am
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
Naw man, while most teen skins are underdone and basically the same, they deserve to be treated the same as other skins.
04/01/2015 7:37 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Little disappointed you didn't realize that the date on the blue-haired skin is 13 days the junior of -snip-. The blue haired one is stolen, not the reverse.

And no, there shouldn't be another category. Unpleasant as they may be to the rest of the skinning community, they don't deserve to be shunned from the broader "eye of the public".
04/01/2015 1:59 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
It's a April Fool's Day thing....
04/01/2015 7:35 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Yes Allergy man!

Why, Popular People Steal Non Popular Peoples stuff!
04/01/2015 7:27 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bunny
Yuki
No, because they're still skins regardless. If there's something stolen, report it and move on.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome