Terraria(1.2) Mod for MC(1.6.4)- In the Making

Aobocodo's Avatar Aobocodo11/29/13 9:37 pm
3/1/2015 10:26 pm
Ping0pong's Avatar Ping0pong
Although I may have seen 3 or 4 Terraria Minecraft mods, I have to be honest none of them held up to my standard... Also they were incredibly old and obviously inactive. For this reason, and because I felt like hopping into the modding world, I am giving it a go!

So far, I have this:
Copper, Silver, Demonite, Cobalt, Mythril, Adamantite, and Chlorophyte tools, ingots, ores, and blocks - next up is armors

I literally started this on Wednesday, by the way.

I will eventually add new mobs and biomes, and obviously better dungeons and underground jungles, but I need heavy development and learning first.

I have many other ideas, but I am a high school student with a rigorous course load, and a life outside of the computer. For this reason, progress may be slow while I'm in school (I only did this much now because of a 5-day weekend ) I will put as much time into it as I can, but please don't complain at me for going slow.

I can't post what I have now because a.) it would classify as a "simple new ore mod", which they don't want, and b.) because as a new poster they quality control everything.

I will update soon with screenshots, but in the meantime please post ideas, comments, concerns, funny jokes, bad puns, and anything else at least slightly related to my mod!

Thanks!
~Aobocodo
Aobocodo
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2015 6:34 pm
Aobocodo
The OP lives!

As I'm sure many of you are well aware, this project is more than a little bit dead. There hasn't been a forum post in 5 months, but I just decided that it would be a good idea to put that final nail in the coffin anyways.

There are two reasons this project died. One of them is that I came into it with the wrong mindset entirely. I bit off far more than I could dream to chew within an even slightly reasonable amount of time. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, or that it wasn't a good idea, or that in other circumstances I wouldn't do it, but I just wasn't and am still not ready to take on a project of this magnitude. Sorry guys.

The other is that since my last post, my laptop fizzled and died. Many things were saved, but many were also lost. Among the things that were lost was the ~2,000 lines of code that made up the beginning of this mod. I just couldn't get myself to retype all that lost work and time, and couldn't really move on from there. And thus concludes the story of the time I learned just how important backups are.

So from here, I just want to say thanks to everyone who helped along the way. Ping, if you ever see this, thanks for being my PR guy, and my organizer, and my second hand man all the way around. To everyone else, thanks for bothering to read through the posts, and check up from time to time anyways, it really is pretty cool that you did that.

So, I just want to conclude this wild ride with a thanks and bow and an apology for what could have been, but wasn't meant to be. Good luck to everyone involved, and thank you very much for supporting me throughout it. I learned a lot, and I'm glad I did it.

Peace,
~Aobocodo
03/01/2015 10:26 pm
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
I understand.

I kinda left Minecraft anyways. I fell it has been overplayed. This is the first I've been on PMC in forever and I just happened to notice your reply :O. It was great to work together while it lasted, and to spend the time towards a similar goal.

I wish you a good future. Thanks for all you have done.
10/08/2014 8:36 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pokemon
reece2004
kk thx
10/08/2014 8:33 pm
reece2004
Lol yea sure XD. You can use the signature.[/quote]
How do I get the sig?
10/08/2014 8:12 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Why bother adding the shovel, lol? I don't remember shovels in terraria?
10/08/2014 8:16 pm
Ping0pong
For the Terraria resource pack for the vanilla textures.
10/08/2014 8:25 pm
reece2004
Just a question. Can I join the squid army?
10/08/2014 8:27 pm
Ping0pong
Lol yea sure XD. You can use the signature.
10/08/2014 8:35 pm
Ping0pong
How do I get the sig?[/quote]

Right click the image and then click save image.
10/07/2014 5:09 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
kristinnvikar
Well i want to help with maybe a bit of code and
ideas
not textures
10/08/2014 8:03 pm
Ping0pong
Alright sounds good. Aobocodo should return and respond to how you could help.
10/07/2014 1:42 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
this looks awesome, though i prefer starbound over terraria.
now i feel like making a starbound mod... lol
10/07/2014 3:12 pm
Ping0pong
Hehe, they have the pros and cons...
10/07/2014 12:36 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
sounds great Imma bookmark this
10/07/2014 12:31 pm
Level 25 : Expert Spelunker
SocialP2
Are you gonna add in the the mobs, like the eye mob and that
10/06/2014 3:36 pm
kristinnvikar
Aobocodo i can help with the mod if you want..
10/07/2014 10:58 am
Ping0pong
That would be great! Is there something certain you want to help with?
10/07/2014 12:34 pm
kristinnvikar
items/armor/blocks/cakes/fooditems/armor that gives you effects when you wear the whole armor

But not mobs D:
10/07/2014 3:11 pm
Ping0pong
Okay, so you want to help Aobocodo with some ideas? Or do you want to help with the textures? He should be back with a response.
10/06/2014 2:59 pm
Ping0pong
Hey! Yep...I'm still here. I haven't worked on much 'cuz it was Summer and well, I'm still a youth and so I would like to enjoy the time of doing no school.

Alright, and now to business. Mojang has done a lot in the time of summer. They have issued a more exact EULA which does not have anything to do with this Terraria Mod. After that, bukkit has been discontinued (Still has nothing to do with this mod). Also, Mojang was sold to Microsoft for 2.5 billion dollars (This may effect the modding API depending on Microsoft's decisions). And finally, Mojang has released Minecraft 1.8.

Minecraft 1.8 can be viewed in the launcher for the updates and also at Mojang.com. I am not completely sure what is going on with the MCP/Forge so you may want to do some research into that.

As for me, I am still all in for this mod and will continue to share my support for it. I am planning on continuing the textures as soon as I hear a response from the creator/OP.

Stay chill! - ping0pong
07/02/2014 4:01 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
NoahTheDog
Go here for textures. terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki
05/29/2014 2:08 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner
knightkid123
I'd love a good Terraria mod.
05/29/2014 2:03 pm
Ping0pong
Awesome. The Minecraft update (1.8) has not been released yet. Mojang are holding it back so that they may add more. I have heard they are trying to add a modding API which I believe would be a huge help.
06/07/2014 12:11 am
Aobocodo
Sounds like it would help, let me know when it's out so I can give it a look. Thanks so much.

knightkid123I'd love a good Terraria mod.

That's the goal! I'm going to wait on this one until at least after 1.8, if they change the modding methods I don't want to have to restart again, but we're in the process

So for my other project, I've been making major progress on the dungeons. In the end we decided that randomly generated dungeons were not a necessity, and might even distract from the plot a bit as less plot can be inserted when a player is simply dungeon diving...

In replacement we'll just be making TONS of content, as the code will essentially make creating new one-shot dungeons incredibly easy. The plan is to put a heavy emphasis on the plot, and I have a couple of friends who are really good writers helping me with this bit.

It's official, summer has begun. Let's hope this brings me lots of time to work on things. I'm actually leaving for Norway tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time on the flight to work out any kinks. That is, while I'm not reading Game of Thrones... I'll see if I have time for an update when we arrive.

Thanks again everyone, and stay safe!
~Aobocodo
05/06/2014 8:43 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Crafter
kittco36
noice mayby actually implement a new dimension with all the actual terraria textures
07/02/2014 2:30 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Birb
SneakyLunatic69
Do you mean like adding corruption/crimson and the hallow? Because I think he is already planning on that
05/05/2014 10:48 pm
ryell22
Just stumbled upon this thread and it looks and sounds fantastic. As Ping said it is good to see you put priorities in order. I look forward to your return to this mod. I as well would love to see your new project once it is in a state you feel is ready. Good luck and I hope things are going well.
05/05/2014 10:25 pm
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
Eldritchdraaks
I'd very much like to give support to this mod with my own terraria texture pack, based upon how this mod turn out
05/24/2014 2:09 pm
Aobocodo
I haven't taken a look at it, but I will. Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely use it if you'll let me.

ryell22Just stumbled upon this thread and it looks and sounds fantastic. As Ping said it is good to see you put priorities in order. I look forward to your return to this mod. I as well would love to see your new project once it is in a state you feel is ready. Good luck and I hope things are going well.

Thank you for understanding my lack of presence, I was worried people would be upset that I couldn't put time into the project. School has been rough for the past few weeks, but there is definitely a light at the end of this tunnel

kittco36noice mayby actually implement a new dimension with all the actual terraria textures

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this... could you elaborate? If you mean that I should take the actual textures from Terraria and put them in Minecraft keep in mind that they are different pixel widths, and the transition would be impossible. Also, Terraria only gives each block 1 face, which means we would have to recreate the top anyways... Ideally the skinners should be aiming to get as close to Terraria's looks as possible, but we won't be able to match it perfectly...

As for my other project, I took a hiatus on it as well while finals week approached, but my schedule has cleared and I should have time to work on it again. Currently, I'm finished with combat and mostly finished with the starting town. (taking submissions on what I should name it) Now, the main focus is creating randomly generated dungeons, which is way harder than it sounds... I also need to rework the leveling system, I think I was aiming for something a little too complex originally.

This summer will be starting off with me being out of town for about a month and a half, but I'll get a lot done starting again in mid-July. I'll get on wherever and whenever I can to check up on you guys, but I probably won't have enough time to do much coding while I'm out and about.

On a side note, has Minecraft done any updating recently? I probably need to update my code too

Well anyways, I have a paper to type tonight, and exams to study for still, but a friend of mine gave me a new idea for the dungeon generation, so I'll try that out tonight as well. Hope everyone is doing well, and good luck with your endeavors!

~Aoboocodo
05/06/2014 8:26 am
Ping0pong
I have seen your texture pack before you even posted on this thread. It is wonderful! I am actually subscribed to you. I can understand why you want to take your time in thinking whether or not you want support this mod with your own work. I think it would be great to have you part of the team!
04/09/2014 9:38 am
Ping0pong
AobocodoI'm so glad I still have all of your support(...)

I'm glad to see you set your priorities and have done what is necessary. School may not be fun but is essential . I would love to see your new coding project once finished. On a good note, summer is on its way .
04/08/2014 10:18 pm
Aobocodo
I'm so glad I still have all of your support it warms my heart to no end. Unfortunately, on a much more somber note, I believe that in taking in this project I bit off quite a bit more than I can chew, at least at the moment. Minecraft code is deep and complex, and not the proper place for a novice coder to develop his skill and technique. I'm not saying that I am dropping the project, I still want this mod to be out just as much as any if you. I'm just saying that I will be taking a break on it while I work on a simpler coding project.

I really am sorry that you guys have to wait so long for my release, but school comes first for me, so I don't want to make any promises. In the meantime I might as well post the project I am working on in hopes that it will tide you over until I resume work on the mod.

It is a text based adventure, about 2300 lines of code right now. A large amount of the framework is done, so soon I will begin working on the story. I'll post the file for the game as soon as it is reasonably playable.

Ping, I'd love it if you continue the skinning as you were. Just work on objects/blocks you guys want me to implement. Shooting stars, the plants, a texture for meteorite, spells need textures as well.

I know this new is disappointing, but don't lose hope! We will see this project to the end thank you once again for all the support you have given me thus far.

Finally, this comment is probably littered with spelling/grammar errors... I wrote it out on my phone, so there might be a few autocorrect issues or something.

Thanks once again.
~Aobocodo
03/30/2014 8:53 am
Ping0pong
So, how's the progress Aobocodo? Also, what textures am I missing other than armor, ores, and block of ores?
02/26/2014 5:02 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Bookmarked, I may do some textures if you need them
02/26/2014 5:10 pm
Ping0pong
Aobocodo put me in charge of textures so, I will add you to the PM group.
02/22/2014 5:16 am
minecraftdlms
Good mod
02/19/2014 11:28 pm
Ping0pong
Okey, I just had a randomness idea. Aobocodo, do you think you could incorporate the timber mod somehow? Because, terraria's tree blocks all fall If the bottom one is broken.
02/22/2014 5:39 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
James44970
Or treecapitator, I'm looking forward to this mod!
02/04/2014 9:14 am
Ping0pong
Alright, current textures are Here
02/02/2014 8:37 am
Ping0pong
I think that ratio will work well because later on you are going to add spreading.

EDIT: On second thought I believe it should be 64x64 chunks. I calculated 32x32 chunks into 512x512 blocks which would be too frequent.
02/03/2014 8:53 pm
Aobocodo
Alright, thanks for the input. I'll get started on it as soon as I can

~Aobocodo
02/01/2014 5:54 pm
Ping0pong
I think you should make hallow/corrupt chunks because further on it would be easier to add spreading. Even though it will take more time to make it, it will eliminate other problems in the future. Like always keep up the great work!
P.S. Can't wait for hidden chests
02/01/2014 10:14 pm
Aobocodo
Will do, I think I'll look at chunk selection for slime chunks and model it after that. Do you think 1/1000 for each type would be too frequent? that would be about 1 of each per 32x32 chunk square... I'll probably also do it so that hallow chunks clump together so they seem more biome-like... does that ratio work out?

~Aobocodo
01/22/2014 9:07 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
NOTAVALIABLE
Tungsten stuff so far:

http://imgur.com/RzTqAoM
01/22/2014 8:41 pm
NOTAVALIABLE
Oh well i'll get involved in textures (i pm'ed ping waiting for him to respond
01/22/2014 8:28 pm
NOTAVALIABLE
what about tungsten?
01/21/2014 8:21 pm
Ping0pong
Alright I started on the armor. I really don't know if the copper colors look good. What do you guys think? P.S. The Zombie is holding a Spectre Pickaxe
01/21/2014 2:50 pm
Ping0pong
Great! I added the iron-gold bars/armor/swords/stuff just in case. Are they needed?
P.S. Google is your friend ;D Good Luck!
01/31/2014 11:32 pm
Aobocodo
Thanks, but I think I'd have to make new code for that to work right... so for now just leave them as-is. I could include them in a terrariacraft texture pack that would go along with the mod, along with new textured regular blocks...

Ping0pongAlright I started on the armor. I really don't know if the copper colors look good. What do you guys think?

The color palette is a little off... It needs to have significantly darker oranges in there. The trick to getting a metallic glare it to put a good amount of contrast in it.

Also, great job on the pick, i like it. Maybe just a little more white though?

mincraftEDTungsten stuff so far:

Ok, I'm not including tungsten, lead, tin, or platinum in the mod because they were only put into Terraria so that each world would be different, making it a necessity to have multiple worlds. If i included these ores in this mod, everything would be spread out too thin in my opinion. I'll probably insert the new hardmode ores later simply because I like the orichalcum blocks

I'm more swamped than ever with schoolwork, especially since things with my band are starting to pick up a bit. I won't forget about you guys, don't worry! Also, a friend of mine from school has agreed to help with with the AI coding when things slow down. We may get started on all that April-Mayish, if everything goes according to plan.

I need another opinion on biomes though, I was discussing this a while ago with a friend. In terraria, there aren't really hallow or corrupt biomes, they kind of grow ontop of the already present ones. Should I not incorporate them as biomes and instead make hallow/corrupt chunks? I doubt i will be able to find any tutorials on this, so it may take a little longer. If I do this it will ultimately eliminate the bugs I'm having, as well as lay a base if I ever want to make them spread, say after initiating hardmode. Thoughts?

Also, next up after that, new types of randomly spawning chests! should be fun to code

~Aobocodo
01/21/2014 12:41 pm
Ping0pong
Texturing Question for OP! Are you going to have a separate texture for the ore blocks and the ore items? Like, in Terraria it shows the ore block and when you mine it it turns into an item. Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome