Who Am I?

Name:
Aidan

In-Game Username:
TheWisePotato

Do you have Teamspeak?:
Yes, I do have TeamSpeak, and Skype.

Can you speak proper English? (Grammatical Wise):
I'm from Ontario and I speak 100% English. My grammar is perfect, I am fast at typing and slightly make mistakes.

Canada

Timezone:
GMT -5:00

TheWisePotato | Developer | Moderator

Description:
My name is Aidan and I have been working with Java and the Bukkit API for roughly 3-5 months. Even though my time of being a developer is very low, I've been making some sweet plugins. I'm looking for a server that needs some custom plugins. I can build but I am also very good at moderation.

Pricing:
Sometimes a tip like a dollar or two dollars would be greatly appreciated but no, I do not charge for plugins. I will once I have a really good amount of knowledge and I am capable of making things like mini-games, massive economy plugins etc.

Lastly:
Due to being relatively new to coding, unless I have other helpers, I won't be able to code large things like custom mini-games.

Moderator Application:

Why do you want to be a staff member?:
I want to be a staff member because I, as a person can dramatically change a server for the good. Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I don't really have a problem being on 1-6 hours a day. I am fun, social guy who would like to help this server to its better being and help my fellow players and make them happy as well as under control. I always try my best to keep spammers, hackers, player issues, advertisers, and many other server problem makers under control as I will not take sides I will always give others all the priority.​ I would also like to be a moderator as it is a role where responsibility and around the clock work is well needed, I can take up all the responsibilities and around the clock as I spend a lot of time on this awesome server. I will try my hardest to keep everyone in line, but have fun at the same time. I also don't put up with s*** and I am not afraid to take criticism or give it because I am my own person and that if I become a staff, I must act like one and not act like someone who I am SUPPOSED to be maintaining under control, such as a player.

How do you solve conflicts?:
I have been in this kind of situation before but I was one of the people getting blamed. Only the other players side was taken and not mine. But, I would solve conflicts by taking both sides of the story and slowly breaking down both stories until I come to a conclusion. From there, further actions will be taken depending on the situation.

Why do you want to be mod?:
I think I should be mod because unlike some other applicants who decide the want to be apart of a server team just to embrace the title beside there name and not help but instead use there powers towards the good side of the players to get a good reputation is not the best way to get a position on ANY server for that matter. I like having the title because it is someone to look up to, to ask for help. I am on multiple servers and half the time I see staff members just threatening to ban or mute players for the dumbest of reasons such as, "If you say my name 1 more time.". I would love to staff on the server to increase population, bring a good amount of knowledge to members attention. If they have questions I am there, other than the clueless staff who don't know anything about their position. Therefor, I'd be a good moderator.

I am dedicated and will be able to participate daily. I am a team player and push myself and my peers towards success. I have had plenty of experience working on servers as I've hosted my own. I am also a plugin developer and have made tons of them. I do not wish for this rank to have seniority over the other players but to make sure that everyone is inline while also having an amazing experience.

Strengths AND Weaknesses:
I'd have to say that my strengths are my social skills and my knowledge. I have plenty experience of Minecraft from the in-game features to the coding behind it. When it comes to my social skills I am very efficient with them. I talk to everyone and I treat people like they wish to be treated. Also, with my knowledge behind coding plugins, I am able to set-up configuration files or fix them if something happens.

Are you beneficial?:
I am a happy lad and also very well balanced. I listen and follow orders from people who I deem I should listen to, such as my parents or the Staff Manager. I am also very good at developing plugins! But, to answer the question yes, I am beneficial.

How can you help by joining "the" server:
I can help with lots of things on multiple different servers. I have been a helping-hand to a majority of every server I join. To the new comers to the server and I ask in chat "If anyone needs help, feel free to ask! /msg TheWisePotato". I am also there if some inexperienced staff who are asking for commands in chat, it's simple to simply respond with the answer.

But, all of the cappers, spammers, hackers, all of that kind of staff are very easy to handle. If any cappers/spammers get out of control I would mute them for at least 5 minutes if they don't stop. I will start YouTube soon possibly if I can get some recordings set up and all that. I will make a YouTube account to get the Minecraft Server seen and people start to join here and really enjoy it! Also with the people who whine about getting muted and spamming afk(away-from-keyboard) as their nick being "Unmutemeplz" for (not trying to insult anyone) but people like that are annoying changing their nicks and spamming /afk too get the person who muted them attention. They need to learn the consequences of being muted, kicked, or even banned.

Any other ways of communication?: (Steam, Skype etc.)
Nebzei
Level 31 : Artisan Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/11/2016 12:14 pm
Nebzei
Bump
07/04/2015 10:09 pm
Nebzei
Bump
03/28/2015 8:05 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
AwkwardGhosty
Is it possible for you to create an advertising footer for me. I am a minecraft builder and I really want one of the pictures at the bottom of each of my comments.

If possible, can you spell out "Ghosty" in purple in a cartoon font, on one line. Underneath of the the Ghosty can you write "Builder for Recruit." Finally, can you set the background to like a mist.

Thank you. If you do complete this, can you send it to me on Skype or PM it to me. My Skype is AwkwardGhosty. Thanks
03/28/2015 7:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragon
TheNuclearWolf
How about a mmorpg game im making? You can be moderator im in need of players soon to. its in beta the story/maps are being made stats:
There will be over
1000 items
300 quests
400 maps
700 NPCs
100 Pets
30 Buyable Houses all togather 100 around the world

Its still low on all that but we got all the textures for items the ideas for quests. Staff to help Would be great msg me ill send you a copy if you want to help *Almost anyone can take this role just send me a basic application *

Thanks
-killer1171090
01/30/2015 9:13 pm
Nebzei
Thanks Blake ^^
01/30/2015 3:57 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
blake852369
Internet safety is a perfectly fine reason to not want to talk to someone. I mean sometimes i just don't want to talk to people and internet safety isn't a concern i just don't want to talk. Lay Off TheWiseP7. Also there comment above you is completely correct with needing more advanced projects.

Best Of Luck,
Blake
01/30/2015 3:37 pm
Nebzei
Oh please. Internet safety? You can message but not talk? What's the different? I mean please..

My comments are my comments and I have a right to post whatever I want.
01/30/2015 12:45 am
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
Looked at the plugin, found a bunch of basic Bukkit Coding. More projects would benefit you, as well as more advanced projects.

Honestly, if you expect to be hired by a professional server network owner, that won't happen with the attitude you just displayed (and have displayed in the past).

You may have thought that the application was "horrible," but to me, it seemed like a very good one.

Really? You have the maturity level to go and post this. Nice.

Yes, and I only do messages too. So what? Who cares if someone doesn't want to actually talk to someone who they don't know? Internet safety/Personal ways of doing things, do you not understand that?

I regret even thinking about this offer.
01/28/2015 4:15 pm
Nebzei
Bump.
01/27/2015 6:10 pm
Nebzei
I didn't say that because the owner declined me. He/she didn't even decline me first of all, I didn't use their correct format and therefor, I didn't even apply. You're application WAS horrible and that's why I said it.
01/26/2015 10:21 pm
Nebzei
Bump
01/26/2015 4:42 pm
Nebzei
Added / Bump
01/26/2015 8:54 am
Level 25 : Expert Modder
AdonisPrison
@TheWiseP7 Add me on skype, my skype is peterpuffer123
01/26/2015 8:17 am
Nebzei
01/25/2015 10:35 pm
Nebzei
Bump
01/25/2015 6:50 pm
Nebzei
Just because I don't know the best way too.. Making a portfolio, should it be a website, a github, what..
01/25/2015 11:07 pm
GamerBah
Either one. Linking us to the plugins on Bukkit.org (if you put them on there) would still be good proof.
01/25/2015 5:25 pm
GamerBah
Well if you don't give proof of you actually developing plugins, who do ya think is going to believe you?

If you're looking for ACTUAL business, you might wanna post a "portfolio" of your plugin work.
01/25/2015 5:07 pm
Level 1 : New Network
TraQ Blayze
Hey bud! We'd love to have you on our team! Contact me through Skype: Josh Grubea
01/25/2015 5:03 pm
Nebzei
Messaged.

/Bump
01/25/2015 4:21 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Wizad
I can hire you for a DEV. Add me on skype XwizadCRAZYX
01/25/2015 4:16 pm
Nebzei
Looking for some work.
01/25/2015 10:43 am
Nebzei
I am going to make a new thread. "TheWisePotato | Plugin | Request".. If you'd like only a plugin, please post there.

MaskedCreeper, everyone asks me about this.. Are you talking about screen shots about plugins, builds, moderation or what.. Cause the last time I checked, moderators don't take screen shots of them being mod. Unless they want to rub it in someone's face.
01/25/2015 4:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
stuuuuuuarrt
Would you consider trying to make a plugin for me?
01/25/2015 2:05 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
scoutingparty
Hi TheWiseP7! I am very interested in having you on MaskedCreeper Network. You seem to have a lot of great talents that would bring a lot to the server. I'd like to message you through a PM or email, but first, do you have any screenshots or past posts that have any of your previous work I could take a look at?
Thank you.

Dylan
01/25/2015 1:25 am
Nebzei
Looking for work.
01/24/2015 8:51 pm
Nebzei
Bump
01/23/2015 9:47 pm
Nebzei
Trash talk the other applicants? I don't smash anyone unless they smash me first.. All the hate on this forum is pathetic. I'd consider you for a third.
01/27/2015 1:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
GamingSensation
I applied and you said "HAHA horrible application! Good luck on the server."
You said that because the owner chose me over you. I said nothing against you. Look @ the link.
01/23/2015 1:25 pm
GamingSensation
TheWiseP7, I see you apply often. When you get denied on a server you trash talk the other applicants to make yourself feel better. Immaturity, I would not consider you for a second.
01/23/2015 4:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
SirEnderIII
Well, what good are you doing here? I don't even know the guy, maybe met him a couple o' times on some fourms, nothing more.

So, may I see these post? I would like to see some evidence. Link me to your imgur uploads, when you want. I'v got plenty of time guy.
01/27/2015 1:29 pm
GamingSensation
post3407885.html#p3407885 Scroll down until you see my application, scroll a few more times and you'll see him.
01/23/2015 8:16 am
Nebzei
Before you jump to conclusions, I am just applying on a few server on the first page. Whoever does hire me, is where I stay and work on. I don't work all over there place. Who are you to decide where I work?
01/22/2015 11:11 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
b1ame_the_1ag
You applied on almost every application on the first page. You are clearly an unprofessional server hopper. Now I know I said people who are just comment on my post just to trash me don't bother. But I'm doing this to protect anyone who was thinking of hiring him. He just goes on servers applying for staff. Do you selves a favour and don't hire him.
01/23/2015 8:20 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
SirEnderIII
You're not even a real Developer. So let's not get etchy here. He was linking his post on Server Recruitment fourms that way he didn't have to do applications over and over. Nothing wrong with that.

And if you have valid proof (eg. recordings, screen shots, etc.) of him hoping on servers in game,then please post them to a image hosting site/youtube. In which case, I don't think you do.

With Regards,
SirJean
01/23/2015 12:40 pm
Nebzei
Thank you, glad to know someone is on my side.
01/22/2015 11:09 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Skrce
Hello, representing Galaxy-Rush here, we are currently in need of a Developer. If you're interested, just message me back, very nice and creative application...
01/22/2015 10:51 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Michael861340
p
01/22/2015 9:31 pm
Nebzei
Bump
01/22/2015 7:45 pm
Nebzei
Unfortunately I don't play Tekkit. Never found it that fun, this time I will pass. You should just try making a Craft Bukkit server.. But good luck!
01/22/2015 7:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragon
TheNuclearWolf
Hello my name is killer and i am starting a new tekkit classic server (a modpack) and looking for a head admin i would be very happy
(also i dont have skype)
01/22/2015 6:31 pm
Nebzei
Add me on Skype, we'll talk about it there.
Vanishandstab4
01/22/2015 2:54 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
bronzzze
I need staff if u are intrested just say.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome