Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Mod (HD!) - Awaken Dreams [1.5.1] (A Total Conversion Mod)
76,134Views, 2,345 today
- 7,966Downloads, 356 today
Get Embed Code
Level 51 : Grandmaster Wizard
Posted 04/19/12 8:05:59 am , last updated: 05/24/13 4:26:53 am
The Awaken Dreams Mod - a Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Mod (Middle-Earth)
- Give diamond, favorite & subscribe if you support us
The Awaken Dreams Mod is a mod that is made to go along with The Valar Project's map. This mod aims to completly recreate Middle Earth in Minecraft. It is a total conversion of the minecraft game. There have been projects that are doing this but this is the first time that a mod has been made. Awaken Dreams is a Lord of the Rings mod (middle earth-mod) there will be in two parts: single player-mod and Multiplayer-mod.
The mod will add over 270 new blocks, over 100 new mobs, over 100 NPC's, over 150 new weapons & armours, over 150 new items. and add many new feature etc.
Version 0.1 has been released to give you a little taste of how it is progressing so far. It should be noted that a few things are left incomplete. This and any other problems found in the mod are posted in the bug list here.
Version 0.2: Bug list here
See complete changelog here (from Minecraft to Awaken Dreams version 0.2 (0.3 coming soon)).
Made by scribblemaniac (please subscribe)
please give a diamond and favorite! it's the only way you can support us! if we don't get enough support this project will maybe die in time.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: here
24/05 - 2013 we are really looking for people to make mod spotlights, mod reviews, mod show off and videoes about the project. if you're interested send me a pm. if you know someone who is interested please tell him to contact us.
REVIEW & HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD! (1.4.7)
- thanks to Pengwinrex for making this review & Tutorial.
INSTALLATION FOR MAC (1.4.7)
(PLEASE GIVE A DIAMOND!)
Awaken Dreams ID LIST; here
Version 0.3.1 BETA! [1.5.1]
* Fixed Halabarad's skin
* Changed "Pike Club" to "Spiked Mace"
* Increased the size of a throwing rock
* Changed uruk sword orientation
* Changed it so that human children do not attack uruk-hai. Also added fear of evil and decreased health
* Changed Mithril Ore hardness
* Fixed Dwarven Torch Placement Glitch
* Fixed Windows glitchyness
* Upadated to MC 1.5
+ Re-added telescope blur
+ Added a hell of a lot more blocks (over 90)
+ added new beds
+ added new doors
+ added Ecthelions boots (armour)
- Removed potatoes (vanilla one still remains)
- Removed temple spawning
version 0.3.1 of the mod
1. download forge universal & the newest version of the mod.
2. extract files for both forge & the mod.
3. open the forge folder and copy all files.
4. paste the forge files in minecraft.jar (located in .minecraft/bin)
5. open the folder in the mod. if you use Mac open _MACOSX. if you use windows open the folder "Awaken Dreamsv0.3.1".
6. copy the folder called resources. make sure it's the folder not the files inside it. then paste it in .minecraft. make sure to give permission to overwrite files if you got older versions of the mod. if you don't do this part there WONT be any sounds in the mod.
7. go back to the folder (awaken dreamsv0.3.1). open up the folder called "minecraft". copy all the files and paste it in the Minecraft.jar (located in .minecraft/bin).
now the mod should work for you. if you got problems after following this short tutorial please delete these files:
the folder called META-INF inside the .jar
open up the folder Config (in .minecraft) then find a file called AwakenDreams.cfg
delete that file and the mod should work.
if you still got problems or have questions please leave a comment below or send me a pm.
* texture for elven long sword & elven short sword is missing or are incorrect
* the block texture for Iron hills floor is missing
*when hobbits are spawned they fall out of the world
*you can't place the new flowers, saplings or mushrooms in pots
*you can't eat the new food in the mod
* many of the staffs don't work
* rings still don't have any effect
* texture for sharkus sword is missing
* Narsil is normal size again
* when using the hobbit bow some arrows act weird.
Version 0.3 [1.4.7]
* Fixed Boromir's Sword
* Fixed GuiMainMenu and added blend to make logo look better
* Fixed Crossbow FOV Multiplier
* Made weapons Textures 32x32
* Fixed some of the rings not labeled as ID in the config
* Sorted out the rings in the magics tab
* Fixed error with some of the bronze and mithril rings indices
* Moved NPC interation to EntityNPC, Added automated name labels multi-quote support and entity override
* Fixed Elven Short Sword, Hobbit Axe, Orc Sword 2, Sharkus Short Sword, Goblin Sword, Knife, War Hack, and Uruk Sword rendering orientation appearing upside down when equipped
* Fixed some items not showing up when entities are holding them
* Fixed Healing Staff, left render switch on from testing, also fixed particle effect
* Updated to Minecraft 1.4.6
* Shifted Item Ids up 3000 spots
* Changed block registry to include block name
* Fixed throwing stone breaking particle
* Fixed Record Names
* Changed many block textures to HD (32x32)
* Fixed Bree Glass Pane Glitch
* Fixed error with a few of the bronze ring textures
* Changed sting to glow when orcs are nearby
* Changed salt category
* Fixed fire arrows not setting on fire
* Changed some textures that were wrong
* Changed Human mob to gondorian nobel
* Fixed Herugrim block action
* Updated Uruk sword, orc sword 2, war hack, green arrow, red arrow, yellow arrow and flaming arrow textures, all HD now
* Readded Quest Button (still disabled)
* Updated orc ai for selecting entites to attack
* Tweaked shield rendering
* Fixed sun staff and rain stick
* Changed Human textures and AI
* Updated to 1.4.7
+ Added Narsil, Morgul Sword, Elven Long Sword, and Berserker Sword
+ Added Boromir
+ Added Bree Glass Pane
+ Added ItemStaff class, takes up less memory and is easier to modify
+ Created whole new system to allow changes to the pre and post rendering of equipped, dropped, and framed items
+ Added class to allow the scaling of items in-world and one for custom glow effect
+ Built system to update ADCM, requires restart, LOL this didn't work
+ Added Arlans Slipper
+ Added Telescope overlay fade in
+ Added Numenorean block
+ Added EntityOrc and EntityHobbitVillager
+ Added Dwarf Inner Wall Decoration, Dale Stone, and Dwarf Inner Wall Stone, Dwarven Torch
+ Created system to assign block page number based based on where the texture is
+ Added animation to pipe smoking (quadratic easing ooooh!)
+ Added direction to dwarven hall floor
+ Added custom renderer for dwarven torch
+ Added Dark Dwarf Stone and Medium Dark Dwarf Stone
+ Added fully functional mud blocks with tracks left behind when an entity is walking in the direction that they were walking
+ Added hobbit bow
+ Added Rohan Shield 6
+ Added shield to dunedain, for display purposes only
+ Added Vazkii and TheWhiteWolves' Mod Update Manager (Super awesome!)
+ Added Gondorian Brickstone Stairs
+ Added Uruk-hai
+ Added Hobbit AI to run away from uruk-hai
+ Added light brown wood, old tree, and bree bookshelf
+ Added Cirdan, Denethor, Elrond, Faramir, Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Lurtz, Nazgul, Saruman, Theoden, Thranduil, and Gamling
– Removed some depreciated and unused classes
– Removed carrot (vanilla minecraft one remains)
– Removed Dunedain
– Removed Spawn eggs for fat mob and female mob (no textures)
– Removed Nazgul spawn egg (currently impossible to kill)
2. Copy all files from forge
3. Paste the files into minecraft.jar
4. Delete any files in the META-INF folder that start with MOJANG.
_____ forge should work now
4. Download our mod.
5. Copy all files in the resources folder and paste them in the folder called resources (in the .minecraft folder. If you have other mods which adds stuff here, you will have to navigate to the files and copy them to there proper spot individually.
6. Copy the files from "minecraft" folder and paste them in minecraft .jar except for the cpw folder. Open up the cpw folder in your download and in the minecraft.jar, from there open up the mods folder in both of them. The minecraft.jar should have a folder called FML and your download should have a folder called awakenDreams. Copy the awakenDreams folder into the same place that the FML folder is.
7. Go to your config folder in your minecraft folder. Delete the AwakenDreams.cfg if there is one. This step is very important if you wish to go onto the server. If you have made changes to the config, change the name of the file to something else and then run minecraft. The updated config will be generated and then you will have to merge changes manually.
EXTRA: TEXTURE UPDATE!
follow the guide in this link to update your block textures:
+ 152 New items
+ 60 New blocks
+ Spellcasting framework
+ 18 new mobs
+ Basic Menu addition
+ 3 non-living entities
+ Many new plants
+ Additional world generation
- Minecraft Forge
Modding done by scribblemaniac. Please subscribe to him as well, you may get some things before everyone else, hint hint, nudge nudge.
The Awaken Dreams Mod by Connor Deptuck is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
As always, if you like it, give diamond, subscribe and favorite!
I, nicrlaitheking, have been working on the plans for the mod for nearly 2 years now so don't post any stupid replies like: 'add orcs' or can 'i kill aragorn?! XD -.-'
I have been working with the universe of Tolkien for 12.5 years and the plans is based upon my knowledge i got in for the last 6 or 7 years.
Leader of the project- nicrlaitheking
Nicrlaitheking - texturer, model maker (mobs), planner, (coder) & photographer (for the mod)
Scribblemaninac - texturer, expert modder & coder
Lenzen2 - Coder
Ghostgunner - Coder
TheWhiteWolves and Vazkii = For their amazing Mod Update Manager
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5.1|
|Tags:||Middle Earth, Endor, LOTR, Lord, The, Rings, The Hobbit, New Content, Aesthetic, Awaken Dreams, Lotr, Arda, Rohan, Gondor, Isengard, Middleearth, Battles, Orcs, Balrog, Aragorn, War, North, Tolkien, Minecraft, Middle, Earth|
|Credit:||nicrlaitheking (King of the Valars),scribblemaniac (Prince of the Valars),Wolfeye (Valar), chrisrulz12 (Maia),|
Note: Showing last 25 of 27 logs.
Update #27 : 05/24/2013 4:26:53 am5/24/13
if you want the news about the mod & project just click on the spoiler. news will come offen and tell about the next release ect.
today we are searching for people who can make videoes about the mod & project. if you're interested please contact us.
kind regards from the team
Update #26 : 05/23/2013 4:03:53 am5/23/13
2 weeks ago we were ready with a 1.5.1 version of the mod, but then Minecraft updated again, and therefore we began to make it for 1.5.2
it's not ready for 1.5.2 yet but it will be very very soon.
first we didn't wanted to realese the 1.5.1 version because there were some bugs (which is fixed in 1.5.2), but then we realised that some people are playing on older versions of MC still, and they maybe want to try the mod out.
to get version 1.5.1 look on the main page
EXTRA TEXTURE UPDATE : 02/21/2013 6:11:28 am2/21/13
a small texture update for those who can't wait for the patch to be lauched.
follow the guide in this link to get the new block textures for the mod.
NEW MOD REVIEW : 02/16/2013 10:31:50 am2/16/13
first of all thanks to Pengwinrex for making a new and better review of our mod. the video also contains a tutorial for how to install the mod.
link found on the site and below:
version 0.3 : 02/10/2013 3:06:16 pm2/10/13
version 0.3 is now finally realesed FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD :D
FINALLY! : 01/20/2013 4:03:28 am1/20/13
finally our server is up again!
please visit it and give a diamond. to get whitelisted visit our website fillout the application and mail us your answers then u will probably get whitelisted in for a day
more pictures : 01/01/2013 6:56:27 pm1/01/13
lots of preview pictures from beta of version 0.3 is now realesed.
the theme for version 0.3 is; Isengard vs. Rohan
further more our server is planned to re-open the 5th january
for more info check our website
fellbeast : 12/09/2012 3:47:46 pm12/09/12
a new picture of the fellbeast is uploaded!
it took nearly 2 hours to design it so i hope you like it.
the plan for version 0.3 is that it will have a isengard vs rohan theme. our realese date is in the end of january or the middle of february (not official yet).
btw register on our website if you want more news etc.
website : 11/25/2012 11:30:39 am11/25/12
we have finally made a new website.
if you want to stay tuned please register on our website
version 0.2.1 : 11/18/2012 10:00:10 am11/18/12
hi all fans and hates
finally we are done with version 0.2.1 it have been ready for a while but we have been to busy to realese it.
version 0.2.1 contains bug fixes and some new blocks as well it's only for 1.4.2 for now
in version 0.3 things will begin to be in 32x32
also a lot of new features will be able to use like elven letters and so on.
ask for any further questions!
kind regards XD
pictures : 10/16/2012 1:04:53 pm10/16/12
new pictures uploaded (2)
we have made lots of new skins some of the will be in version 0.3 and some of them in the patch.
the patch is nearly done so stay tuned
new front page : 10/05/2012 3:45:22 pm10/05/12
mod review : 10/01/2012 2:37:03 pm10/01/12
our first mod review is made you can see part 1 of the review on our site. it is on youtube here is a link:
Version 2 : 09/30/2012 3:41:44 pm9/30/12
Finally version 2.0 for 1.3.2 of MC is realesed.
download it on the site.
kind regards & enjoy!
Tons of Pictures : 09/29/2012 5:03:26 pm9/29/12
we have fixed lots of bugs found some new and added lots of new stuff. today we have added tons of new pictures of beta version 2 of Awaken Dreams.
hope you enjoy we do.
many kind regards ~ the mod team
new ip : 09/24/2012 12:20:25 pm9/24/12
our old server had some problem, but it's fixed now. the new ip adress is: 22.214.171.124
mobs : 09/13/2012 9:14:02 am9/13/12
i have made lots of mobs lately. below is a list with all the mobs i have modeled in techne:
fat hobbit mob
fat dwarf mob
giant spider mob
bee/ mosquito mob
& bird mob
new pictures : 09/09/2012 3:58:11 pm9/09/12
i uploaded some of the newest pictures to the mod site hope you enjoy!
btw version 2 of this mod will soon be realesed! so stat tuned ;)
new server : 09/04/2012 11:32:14 pm9/04/12
hey everyone we got a new server.
the ip is: 126.96.36.199
if you want to be added to the whitelist please see on our project site how to do.
mod folder version 4 : 08/07/2012 4:56:50 am8/07/12
you can now download the newest version of the modfolder (version 4) on the site. it's just the skinnings and previews in it so i won't recommend any to install it.
vote for an event : 08/02/2012 8:14:39 am8/02/12
now you can vote for events. the events will deside which npc's the mod should contain. this is some of the already planed npc's: Eärnur, Arvedui, Cirion, Eorl and many many more.
see the link below for more:
new website is made : 07/17/2012 6:48:33 am7/17/12
it's only a test website
new mod folder : 06/13/2012 8:25:39 am6/13/12
the one ring and over 60 new changes in the new mod folder link found on the main site and below:
new mod folder : 06/12/2012 4:33:13 am6/12/12
you can now download our newest mod folder link found on our main page.
quick link below:
HUGE UPDATE for mod folder : 05/13/2012 10:32:44 am5/13/12
download newest version of our mod folder adds over 100 new stuff! :D
ownload found on our site and below:
Join us to post comments.