Real Life Seasons Mod: UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY
178,926Views, 115 today
- 24,871Downloads, 15 today
- 388 Comments
- 117 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Pirate
What does this mod do?
This mod checks your system calendar for the current date and then changes the texture pack to a seasonally specific set of textures. The seasons do not change in-game, nor are any of the game features and mechanics changed. The textures simply change month to month the same as the seasons in real life, thus the name Real Life Seasons.
More updates and details on this mod can be found HERE.
Version/Mod Compatibility Check
By popular demand, I've started releasing a photo log w/ each update as a visual aid.
A note about the other seasons mod.
I know there's a different seasons mod. The other is an operationally invasive mod which introduces game-changing features while mine is purely cosmetic, making them completely different. Mine came first, but the other is good too and the mods aren't close to similar in objective, so I'm not interested at all in splitting hairs and I don't care if you like the other one better. For the record, I started development of my mod in October of 2010 and my first beta released in March of 2011 to a limited group of testers, the point being that my mod far preceded the other seasons mod, so it can't be said that I'm trying to steal or copy my concept from the other mod.
About YouTube Ad Monetization from the Author:
"Anyone may feature my work in a video released to YouTube and I give my explicit permission to earn ad revenue through the monetization program."
Simply copy this text and provide a link to this page with it when submitting your video for monetization. Enjoy!
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5|
|Tags:||Aesthetic, Brave, New, World, Season, Rotator, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Holidays, Environment, Terrain, Items, Mobs, Armor, Yogscast, Doku, Dockucraft, Zelda, Halo, GUI, Misc, Particles, Toon, JohnSmith, Real, Life, IRL|
|Credit:||Multiple sources; see credit file.|
Update #18 : 04/11/2013 1:38:09 am4/11/13
Update #17 : 03/15/2013 12:03:39 am3/15/13
Just a little update here.
- Fixed a bug w/ clock & compass.
- Better shading for Minecarts.
- Made vertical dropper opening wider.
- Changed naming convention of download archive to 1.5 numbered system.
Update #16 : 01/27/2013 11:10:43 pm1/27/13
- Preserved legacy texture pack format for full backwards compatibility between versions.
A Brave New World specific:
- re-worked cobblestone, mossy cobble, and chiseled stone blocks to look more natural together. chiseled stone, if you've noticed, only appears naturally in jungle temples.
- gave farmer villagers cute little green trucker hats.
- added full range of quartz blocks
- tnt cart and activator rails added.
- shiny metal hopper textures, icon, and minecart added.
- split despenser texture in to new "angry" dispenser and wide-mouthed dropper.
- re-workled fire, water, lava, portal, compass, and clock textures for 1.5 compatibility.
Update #15 : 01/25/2013 1:01:35 am1/25/13
Update #14 : 01/14/2013 6:50:25 pm1/14/13
change log for version 1.4-E
- added content for 13w01 (w02 is a bigger change, still in progress, no not going to 1.5 official yet)
- HUD GUI tweaked
- new potion particles
- cloudier clouds
- new fleshy white zombie randomob
- new black silverfish randomob
- new spotty black cow randomob (I'm going to call her Daisy)
- new blue squid randomob
- woolier goat randomob
- new blocky text
- better pressure plate rail
- changed pyramid block to actual pyramid block
- wooden planks are sexier
- signs updated to match new wood planks
- repeater icon position fix
- gold ingot color tweak
- gold carrot color tweak +shading
- clock color +shading tweak
- fixed tip of iron hoe handle
- color balanced diamond tools
- new fancy handles for gold tools
- blanced color and shading for gold sword
Update #13 : 01/11/2013 12:55:54 am1/11/13
Update #12 : 10/18/2012 6:05:32 pm10/18/12
Update #11 : 08/21/2012 6:51:08 pm8/21/12
Update #10 : 07/28/2012 2:48:33 pm7/28/12
Update #9 : 03/24/2012 1:14:31 pm3/24/12
Improved "round" stone.. again.
Changed new sandstone to sandstone brick and sandstone pillar/column.
Added new planks for stained wood, blanched wood, and cedar (The corresponding names in-game are not indicative of the tree types. I'm willing to bet Markus/Jeb has never cut down an actual tree).
Made silver wool more distinct.
Made a more attractive ladder.
Gave the furnace on/off a facelift.
Updated sticky piston to reflect redesigned slimeball.
Added tiles to empty spaces to indicate when an update is required.
Made a new slimier slimeball.
Made a better held sign.
Corrected silver and grey dye brightness & alignment issue.
Added a grid to show when update is needed.
Fixed transparency issue with fire animation.
Fixed an inventory screen issue introduced with the update.
Corrected hue of water droplet particles.
Added support for paintings mod.
Added support for telescope mod.
Added support for parachute mod.
Cleaned up the format of the wildgrass mod file (just in case it ever comes back).
Update #8 : 03/20/2012 10:41:34 am3/20/12
Update #7 : 03/15/2012 3:56:58 pm3/15/12
Modified contrast of gravel to look less like asphalt and more like granite.
Gave lamps a more bulb-ish look.
Tweaked new "round" stone blocks a little.
Tweaked unused hieroglyphic textures.
Corrected error in non-holiday Pig-zombies.Modified Villagers to appear less gender suggestive to make children more conceivable. Except for Blacksmiths. Bitches got beard.
Update #6 : 03/05/2012 2:10:26 am3/05/12
Update #5 : 03/02/2012 6:22:30 pm3/02/12
Update #4 : 03/02/2012 1:58:27 pm3/02/12
Update #3 : 02/25/2012 6:55:00 am2/25/12
Update #2 : 02/24/2012 1:41:04 pm2/24/12
1.7v7 : 08/23/2011 8:44:47 pm8/23/11
Join us to post comments.