DEFUNCT: Real Life Seasons Mod
Get Embed Code
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Engineer
Resource Pack Link: A Brave New World
Read below for more details.
I was locked out of my account for a long time because I had a mandatory password reset, but it wouldn't take the new password, so I just left it and waited for them to fix it. I don't have much love for Planet Minecraft, sorry to say. I post things here for you guys, the fans, because I know the site is a popular hangout for players, but I don't use it much myself.
Now that I'm able to log in, I'm due an explanation. The architecture changes in the 1.6 update completely destroyed the infrastructure of the mod on a foundational level, something I figured Mojang would never do after the 1.0 release since a complete architectural software overhaul after an official public version release is unheard of. I'd have had to redo a lot of the work from the ground up and about the same time my ex-wife left and I almost lost my house, so as of the 1.6 update, the mod has been officially dead. I've welcomed anyone who wants to take it on to continue my work, but it looks like that's not going to happen.
Instead, I've decided to consolidate the major components of the mod in to a single resource pack. Since making this determination, I've made substantial progress. All of the best elements of the RLS mod have been consolidated and textures have been added for the content added in Minecraft versions 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8, with the only exception being the guardian mob which is currently textured but not in what I would consider to be a finished state.
In addition to the added textures, I've incorporated many new features in conjunction with resource pack content features added in these recent updates. Items and tiles have been renamed, many of the sounds have been completely overhauled, and a fair bit of items and clocks have 3d models and animations. There are even a few new easter eggs in the form of modified music discs.
If you loved the mod, you'll love the pack. Sorry to have to change gears on you part way through the game. Life happens. I hope you like what I've done with it and thanks for playing. Have fun.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.5|
|Tags:||Aesthetic, Brave, New, World, Season, Rotator, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Holidays, Environment, Terrain, Items, Mobs, Armor, Yogscast, Doku, Dockucraft, Zelda, Halo, GUI, Misc, Particles, Toon, JohnSmith, Real, Life, IRL|
|Credit:||Multiple sources; see credit file.|
Update #19 : 05/06/2015 3:20:05 am5/06/15
Update #18 : 04/11/2013 1:38:09 am4/11/13
Update #17 : 03/15/2013 12:03:39 am3/15/13
Just a little update here.
- Fixed a bug w/ clock & compass.
- Better shading for Minecarts.
- Made vertical dropper opening wider.
- Changed naming convention of download archive to 1.5 numbered system.
Update #16 : 01/27/2013 11:10:43 pm1/27/13
- Preserved legacy texture pack format for full backwards compatibility between versions.
A Brave New World specific:
- re-worked cobblestone, mossy cobble, and chiseled stone blocks to look more natural together. chiseled stone, if you've noticed, only appears naturally in jungle temples.
- gave farmer villagers cute little green trucker hats.
- added full range of quartz blocks
- tnt cart and activator rails added.
- shiny metal hopper textures, icon, and minecart added.
- split despenser texture in to new "angry" dispenser and wide-mouthed dropper.
- re-workled fire, water, lava, portal, compass, and clock textures for 1.5 compatibility.
Update #15 : 01/25/2013 1:01:35 am1/25/13
Update #14 : 01/14/2013 6:50:25 pm1/14/13
change log for version 1.4-E
- added content for 13w01 (w02 is a bigger change, still in progress, no not going to 1.5 official yet)
- HUD GUI tweaked
- new potion particles
- cloudier clouds
- new fleshy white zombie randomob
- new black silverfish randomob
- new spotty black cow randomob (I'm going to call her Daisy)
- new blue squid randomob
- woolier goat randomob
- new blocky text
- better pressure plate rail
- changed pyramid block to actual pyramid block
- wooden planks are sexier
- signs updated to match new wood planks
- repeater icon position fix
- gold ingot color tweak
- gold carrot color tweak +shading
- clock color +shading tweak
- fixed tip of iron hoe handle
- color balanced diamond tools
- new fancy handles for gold tools
- blanced color and shading for gold sword
Update #13 : 01/11/2013 12:55:54 am1/11/13
Update #12 : 10/18/2012 6:05:32 pm10/18/12
Update #11 : 08/21/2012 6:51:08 pm8/21/12
Update #10 : 07/28/2012 2:48:33 pm7/28/12
Update #9 : 03/24/2012 1:14:31 pm3/24/12
Improved "round" stone.. again.
Changed new sandstone to sandstone brick and sandstone pillar/column.
Added new planks for stained wood, blanched wood, and cedar (The corresponding names in-game are not indicative of the tree types. I'm willing to bet Markus/Jeb has never cut down an actual tree).
Made silver wool more distinct.
Made a more attractive ladder.
Gave the furnace on/off a facelift.
Updated sticky piston to reflect redesigned slimeball.
Added tiles to empty spaces to indicate when an update is required.
Made a new slimier slimeball.
Made a better held sign.
Corrected silver and grey dye brightness & alignment issue.
Added a grid to show when update is needed.
Fixed transparency issue with fire animation.
Fixed an inventory screen issue introduced with the update.
Corrected hue of water droplet particles.
Added support for paintings mod.
Added support for telescope mod.
Added support for parachute mod.
Cleaned up the format of the wildgrass mod file (just in case it ever comes back).
Update #8 : 03/20/2012 10:41:34 am3/20/12
Update #7 : 03/15/2012 3:56:58 pm3/15/12
Modified contrast of gravel to look less like asphalt and more like granite.
Gave lamps a more bulb-ish look.
Tweaked new "round" stone blocks a little.
Tweaked unused hieroglyphic textures.
Corrected error in non-holiday Pig-zombies.Modified Villagers to appear less gender suggestive to make children more conceivable. Except for Blacksmiths. Bitches got beard.
Update #6 : 03/05/2012 2:10:26 am3/05/12
Update #5 : 03/02/2012 6:22:30 pm3/02/12
Update #4 : 03/02/2012 1:58:27 pm3/02/12
Update #3 : 02/25/2012 6:55:00 am2/25/12
Update #2 : 02/24/2012 1:41:04 pm2/24/12
1.7v7 : 08/23/2011 8:44:47 pm8/23/11