[1.4.5] The Complete Latin Language Mod v. 1.1.0
2,695Views, 6 today
- 230Downloads, 1 today
Get Embed Code
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Posted 08/07/12 5:22:35 pm , last updated: 11/21/12 4:31:58 pm
Welcome to the Complete Latin Language Modification, the first language mod that translates everything in Minecraft into Latin. I acknowledge that I am actually not the first to create a Latin language mod - LatinCraft can attest to this. The main difference between this mod and that one is that this mod translates the entire language file used into Latin, while the other one only did about half or so and had inaccurate translations. Everything in this mod, from blocks to enchantments, is translated into Latin.
The features of this mod include:
- A complete translation of all items, GUI buttons, enchantments, achievements, and statistics
- Everything is written in the Classical Latin capitals, with the letters "j" and "u" replaced with the more traditional "I" and "V," respectively
- New, innovative words added to the Latin language to suit the modern world of technology
- Coming Soon: Inclusion of not only the option of Classical Latin spelling and capitalization, but an Ecclesiastical Latin option with modern spelling and capitalization
To utilize this mod, once installed, simply go to "Languages" and scroll down until you see "LINGVA LATINA." Click it, and everything should be in Latin!
How to install (Windows):
- BACK UP your "minecraft.jar." (see #4 for location)
- Once LINGVA LATINA.zip is downloaded, extract the "lang" folder from it onto your desktop.
- Download a program such as Win-Rar or 7-Zip.
- Using one such program, open up "minecraft.jar." (to find that file, go to "My Documents" and type in %APPDATA% in the address bar. Then click the ".minecraft" folder and then the "bin" folder. It should be located here.)
- Reduce the window to where you can see both the window open and the "lang" folder on your desktop.
- Drag the "lang" folder into "minecraft.jar."
- Press "Ok" for any "Are you sure you want to..." messages.
- Delete the META-INF folder in "minecraft.jar."
- Close "minecraft.jar."
- Open Minecraft and test out your new mod!
As compatibility with other mods goes, this mod should be 100% compatible with any mod EXCEPT any other language mods. If you wish to install this mod and another language mod, then you will have to edit the "languages.txt" folder in "minecraft.jar." If you want instructions on how, then please comment below.
Also please check out The Ancient Rome Project, my Minecraft city of Rome which goes perfectly with this mod!
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.4|
|Tags:||Language, Latin, Complete, Official|
Vesion 1.1.0 : 11/21/2012 4:31:58 pm11/21/12
Version 1.0.1 : 08/11/2012 6:55:57 pm8/11/12
- "Statistics," one of the words I missed, was translated into RATIONARIVM
- A bug was fixed which prevented "Fire Charge" from being translated.
- INSPICENS changed to INSPICIENS
Version 1.0.0 : 08/10/2012 3:01:10 pm8/10/12
- Changed LATRVM to LATERVM and LATRES to LATERES
- VERV FEMATVS changed to VERV FERMATVM
- The noun IVSSVM changed into more favorable IVSSVS
- FITVM changed to FINITVS
- TABVATVM changed to TABVLATVM
Join us to post comments.