MCVienna - Vienna replica 1:1
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Some fun facts (Updated 2017/03/09)
- 1.600.000m² - Already built area of the 1st district
- About 2.000.000m² Finished buildings and streets yet.
- 3.000.000m² - Area of the first district
- 41.4km² - Planned area alltogether(Including district1-9(district 2 only partly), huge parts of district 20 and the Donauplatte(21/22) and parts of the Danube, New Danube, Old Danube and the Donaukanal)
- 3,6km - Length of the already built Donaukanal
- 6,3km - Length of the Donaukanal in the finished map.
- 800m - Lenght of already excavated Danube
- 5,8km - Length of the Danube, New Danube and the Donauinsel
- 45m - Altitude change from lowest point(Danube shore) to highest point(Neubaugürtel)
- 6 subway lines and 14 tram lines will be in the finished project.
- 55 subway stations and about 160 tram stations will be aviable for visitors to commute everywhere.
- 25 subway stations are already built.
- The subway network will be 47km long
- The combined length of all tram lines is more than 70km
This project is about the recreation of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe: Vienna
My current plan is to recreate the Inner City as it is and to have the actual street layout for districts 2-9 with original buildings and present and future projects.
After that I would like to add Kaisermühlen, with its skyscrapers and the UN-Center or Castle Schönbrunn as well as the main train stations to the city. But this project is going to take a lot of time even without these additions.
I will fist upload the world map when the Inner City is finished and from then on update it regularly. The download will most certainly include a City map, a guide and a transportation map.
The replica will have most famous landmarks that are located in the inner districts plus all sort of housing. Currently I do not plan on furnishing all buildings, because I suck at furnishing and its a lot of work, however all buildings are accessible and the famous museums or opera houses will be partly furnished.
I also want to include buildings that were/are planned IRL, even if they were not built. For example the "Skyscraper project Wien Mitte"
Implemented are the original 5 subway lines as they are plus the additional line that is currently considered. In addition to that a wide tramway network will bring visitors fast from A to B.
My very own subreddit, news and discussion there: http://www.reddit.com/r/MCVIENNA
Join the conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MCVienna
I would like to thank you for reading this and I would gladly accept advice or criticism in the comments.
If you are good at building and maybe want to help out with one or two plots you can send me a message.
VISITABLE ON OUR SERVER, mc.mcvienna.at
|Tags:||Vienna, Wien, City, Europe, Land Structure, Austria, Oesterreich|
Note: Showing last 25 of 25 logs.
Update #25 : 03/08/2017 6:16:14 pm3/08/17
- Danube and Donauinsel
- Handelskai, Vorgartenstraße
- The whole Governmental distric is now finished
- Museum for applied arts finished
- Stephansdom revamped
- Burggarten, Palmenhaus, Albertina museum
- Rebuilt subway stations Stephansplatz, Stubentor and train station Wien Mitte
- Subway stations now feature teleportation devices
Update #24 : 12/09/2016 9:52:56 am12/09/16
Whole street network inside the Ringstraße finished
Subway station Schottenring U2 / U4 furnished
Subway station Herrengasse furnished
Subway station Landstraße U4 under construction
Railway station Landstraße under construction
Connected U3 - Volkstheather to Herrengasse
Connected U4 - Stadtpark to Landstraße
Update #23 : 11/05/2015 8:57:06 am11/05/15
Update #22 : 07/13/2015 2:54:55 pm7/13/15
Update #21 : 04/26/2015 5:28:41 am4/26/15
Update #20 : 04/13/2015 11:35:39 am4/13/15
Update #19 : 04/11/2015 11:46:29 am4/11/15
Lots of new buildings and streets.
New subway stations, build rails for streetcars.
Added recruitment link.
Update #18 : 01/14/2015 5:06:14 am1/14/15
Changed server IP to mc.mcvienna.at
Built Wienzeile from Naschmarkt to Pilgrambrücke.
Updated fun facts.
Update #17 : 01/02/2015 7:27:34 am1/02/15
More streets and buildings.
We are now working with WienKanal to recreate big parts of the Canal network.
Update #16 : 10/20/2014 11:04:16 am10/20/14
Now working with official authorities to make this even better.
BIG NEWS TO COME!!!
Update #15 : 09/18/2014 2:36:09 pm9/18/14
Gürtel betwen Wiener Straße and Prinz-Eugen Straße(approx. 3,5km) is finished
Added more houses
Update #14 : 06/03/2014 5:17:38 am6/03/14
Built Hotel Sofitel
Update #13 : 05/28/2014 5:36:19 pm5/28/14
built additional housing,
built metro lines
- U1: Schwedenplatz-Stephansplatz-Karlsplatz
- U4: Karlsplatz-Stadtpark-Wien Mitte-Schwedenplatz
- U5: Karlsplatz-Schwarzenbergplatz
Added Parliament(Credit to KvackPack)
Update #12 : 05/05/2014 5:49:24 pm5/05/14
Added more buildings near the Stephansplatz.
Update #11 : 04/27/2014 7:59:31 am4/27/14
Update #10 : 04/07/2014 12:05:38 pm4/07/14
Update #9 : 03/30/2014 6:10:28 am3/30/14
Update #8 : 03/23/2014 5:11:13 pm3/23/14
Bäckerstraßenviertel is now complete(Between FranzJosefKai, Stubenring, Schulerstraße and Rotenturmstraße)
- About 400.000 m²
- 35 blocks with more than 100 buildings
Built the streetlayout between Schulerstraße, Ring and Kärntnerstraße.
Worked on metro system. Following metro stations are now up and running:
- Stephansplatz U1, U3
- Schwedenplatz U1, U4
- Stubentor U3
- Landstraße U3, U4
- Stadtpark U4
Update #7 : 03/16/2014 8:17:26 am3/16/14
Update #6 : 03/11/2014 10:32:14 am3/11/14
Built first streets and houses in the 2nd district.
Worked on subway lines U1, U3, U4 in the built area.
Added a metro map.
Update #5 : 02/22/2014 6:25:46 am2/22/14
Expanded Donaukanal to Rotundenbrücke.
Built old University.
Planted a few thousand trees.
Added housing and streets.
Update #4 : 02/12/2014 10:41:58 am2/12/14
Expanded map to Neubaugürtel(The most western point of the project)
Added housing and streets.
Update #3 : 02/04/2014 7:30:32 pm2/04/14
Built Office Towers in Landstraße
Expanded map to Praterstern
Worked on railway and subway lines
Added streets and housing
Update #2 : 01/20/2014 5:35:40 am1/20/14
Started working on Hofburg
Update #1 : 01/12/2014 8:18:49 am1/12/14