Ancient History build team

JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland1/16/14 6:21 pm
9/8/2014 1:16 am
KestrelGirl's Avatar KestrelGirl
Hello all!
I am looking to form, or join, a small team of builders to do historical type builds. I am an older minecraft player and have been playing minecraft for a little over a year. I'm a history geek and I love doing historical builds and would love to find a few more mature (maturity is not a number, so don't let age hold you back) builders to build as a team on a large historical themed build. There are any number of possibilities and I am open to just about any. This won't happen overnight, so I am also looking for people with patience and maturity to work through the process of putting a team together and deciding and starting on a project. If there are any mature builders out there looking to be in a small team of like minded historical builders, shoot me a PM and let's see if we can't put something together!

I'd really like to start with a fictional Roman Port city, with Portus as it's inspiration. Portus was one of the main ports for Ancient Rome itself. The city would include:
*city has officially been started - first temple almost done, Curia started!*

A forum with a Basilica and at least one temple located around a central square
An Aqueduct
A theatre - modeled after the theatre of Pompey
An amphitheater and attached gladiator school
If we are very ambitious a Circus/Hippodrome - modeled after the Circus Maxentious
A Thermae (public baths)
Various temples to various gods
Triumphal Arch
Docks and warehouse
A light house and breakwater
Biremes and cargo ships (a Corbita was a roman cargo ship)
A boat yard
A market square with shops
Lots of Insluae and Domus (roman apartments and houses)
Several large villas
A Tabularium - a library
A vineyard and various farms on the outskirts
Canals from the harbor to river
Fountains and statues all over
And whatever else a good Roman city would need.
Here is a link to the terrain map and some inspirational pictures for buildings in the city: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -heraclea/

This is a lot, I know, but a good team of a few dedicated people can easily build a project of this scale if they are passionate and stick with it!

So here is what I am looking for:
1) a passion and enthusiasm for history and history themed builds
2) patience and maturity, as I would like to do some large builds that will take both patience and maturity to finish.
3) people who enjoy building in a small group of like minded people
And that's pretty much it. This is a team, and as such I don't have an application, since this isn't a job. Just shoot me a PM telling me what historical themes you love and let's see what happens from there!

Come on history buffs! Shoot me a PM and let's make some history! Lol

Here is a link to my page so you can see my builds
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/jchelland/
JCHelland
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/08/2014 1:16 am
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
KestrelGirl
Yeah, I know this is a big time necro. BUT.
Yes, I'm a Minecraft history buff! Here are my two PMC builds. One is my rendition of the Parthenon, and one is the Tabernacle (ULTRA history buff )
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-tabernacle/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ader-pics/
02/01/2014 8:35 pm
JCHelland
City has officially broken ground. First temple is 80% done and a Curia is underway!
01/31/2014 1:08 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
MikeAddiction
Hey JC I would love to help you with your project. I honestly think it would be very fun. My Skype is mechabot123 or TMS darksidefighter they are the same account and you can do either one. If you don't want to Skype/or you don't have one you can private chat me the IP address and we can chat on the server!
01/31/2014 12:15 am
JCHelland
I have uploaded a terrain map for a base for the city!
01/30/2014 1:18 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for a history builder to join me. I am working on world painting a base map for a roman city. I'm gonna try and get it done and posted today. It will vaguely similar to Portus, that is a city on the river, with a large partially man made harbor. It would also have a large canal or two connecting it to the river, and because of the canal the city itself will essentially be an island. Hard to explain, but it will make sense once you see it.
01/29/2014 1:23 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
ShadowAge2
I'll help. ._. c:
01/29/2014 1:15 pm
JCHelland
People who are interested will send me PMs
It is a lot easier for me to keep track of who I've talked to if people send me PMs. It was requested in almost every post as well
01/29/2014 12:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco
roryd04
Ok I am in definetely, I myself am a bit of a history geek but love learning about new interesting places. My favourite Historical periods would be The Middle Ages and Roman. I did sign up for a project like this before but it never happened which was a shame. And I hope that we can build some cool projects together!
01/29/2014 10:15 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon
camdogz2000
I would love to help! Perhaps the first build should be relatively small, in order to test the teams building capabilities and teamwork.
01/29/2014 10:03 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
Pur3strownu
I can help~~~
01/29/2014 4:03 am
JCHelland
Still looking for a couple history geeks like myself to build some ancient history themed builds. There has got to be some history lovers out there not on a team already that would like to do some building. If you're out there, hit me up!
01/28/2014 5:57 am
JCHelland
Hello all!
Still looking for a couple people to make a small build team. Maybe we can pool our talents and make a build that exceeds expectations! If nothing else we build a great historic build for our own sakes, which is really all I'm after!
PM me!
01/27/2014 3:06 am
JCHelland
Looking for history buffs to make a small build team! Send me a PM!
01/26/2014 2:07 pm
JCHelland
Gonna keep bumping this to the front page. There have got to be some mature history lovers out there! Let's get a build going! Come on guys!
01/25/2014 2:20 pm
JCHelland
I am able to run a server for a small group.
01/25/2014 2:10 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Hunter
weasal
do you have a server? i would like to do it. but if you don't i probably can't do it
01/25/2014 2:03 pm
JCHelland
Still working on forming a build team. I've gotten some interest, but nothing too serious yet. I'm definitely still looking for a few passionate historical builders. So if that's you, send me a PM and let's do some builds!
01/24/2014 12:41 pm
JCHelland
Not just looking for help here either guys

I'm looking for people with genuine interest in history and historic builds. People with interest should send me a PM with questions, ideas and which types or particular builds appeal to them! I'm really looking to get a small build team going and am hoping that there are some people who get excited about history and doing a historical build! So again, for those interested, shoot me a PM and show me you are interested!

JC
01/24/2014 10:57 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
Faxwy
Send me a PM or e-mail@ thatkdude@gmail.com Would love to help
01/23/2014 5:07 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
Martijnieniejocraft
I would love to help you mate!
01/24/2014 6:26 am
JCHelland
Sent you a PM!
01/23/2014 4:11 pm
JCHelland
I am being persistent about this and maybe eventually someone will read this thread and be interested.
01/22/2014 4:05 pm
JCHelland
I'm going to keep pushing this to the front page in hopes that someone will be inspired to do a historical themed build and shoot me a PM! It would be fun I think!
01/21/2014 5:02 pm
JCHelland
Any minecraft history buffs out there? Let's get together and do some historical builds as a team! Maybe something like the hanging gardens of Babylon, and then a city to go around it. Or maybe the Ancient Greek city of Rhodes with the Colossus in the harbor. Or Alexandria! The city founded by Alexander the Great with its world famous library! So many possibilities! If there are history buffs out there shoot me a PM if you have any interest or questions about something like this.
01/20/2014 2:31 pm
JCHelland
Looking for a few history and minecraft fans to make a small build team! Anyone out there interested in something like that? Hit me up if you are interested or if you have any questions. Let's build some history!
01/19/2014 4:39 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for a couple people to do some group historical builds! It could be any number of things, an Egyptian or Roman city. Or maybe a big Aztec temple complex. Or just a build influenced by some historical culture or place. Anyway, send me a PM if you might be interested!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome