[1.7.+] Conquest_ "Bump & Specular map" edition

Antroz59's Avatar Antroz593/13/14 6:14 pm
2 emeralds 9.1k 13
12/7/2014 1:01 am
Noobator's Avatar Noobator

☬ Before you guys start saying that I copied the ressourcepack or anything, you must know that this texturepack is made side-by-side with monsterfish. I asked him directly if I had the right to create a more advanced version of his texturepack and he compleatly agreed. The adfocus link is also linked to his adfocus account. I am not making any money out of this!

That being said, let's start!

Click here to see the final result!

So we all heard of the Conquest_ texturepack at least once right? From the most epic cinematics to the simplest medieval build, every single one of us had the chance to use it in order to make our minecraft environement as realistic as possible. However, it missed something to me...

☬ What is the difference?:

Conquest_"Bump & Specular map" edit actually, when combined with the Shadersmod, brings a brand new aspect of realism into your game. How? Let's see an actual in-game screenshot: (PMC image layout is...yeah. the format is too big to actually be uploaded here and I don't feel like resizing it for the sake of it. Just click the link )
A view from underground

So this is what you get from the ressourcepack! A complete 3D aspect with an advanced system of reflexion and "specular" aspect. Isn't it awesome?

But wait, there is more!
In fact, once at night time, if you set the weather to rain you will get an awesome effect of wet textures / surfaces (see the image below) which will bring a really great aspect to your game! To be a 100% honest, it really makes minecraft better!
At night, when it is raining!

☬ How do I install it?

Quick and easy!
- Download and install minecraft (obviously)
- Download the Forge mod (here) and create a profile out of it (1.7.2)
- Get this version of the shadersmod (I don't know why, but the latest versions are quite buggy in terms of shaders + bump mapping :/ )
Click here for the Shadersmod by Karyonix
- Once this is done, get optifine for better results (not really necessary)and to have access to every "metadata" blocks like chains, ropes, crates and more!
- Download any shaderpack that support bump&specular mapping like these:
☬ SEUS shadersmod v10.1 preview1 (preview2's specular aspects are quite buggy)
☬ Chocapic v4 POM version
☬ Sildur's vibrant max
(and probably more)
- Download the ressourcepack, place it in your ressourcepack folder, and select it in-game!
Click here for the Texturepack

PLEASE NOTE:
- This is, and will always be, a WIP. Which means that I will update the ressourcepack every week 2-3 days after Minsterfish_ updates his version of the Conquest_!
- This pack fixes the tall grass issue (with words on it)
- This requires SHADERSMOD by karyonix to work!
- Please report any bug / suggestions!

So there is nothing really left to say but thanks for your futur feedbacks and once again, I do not claim to be the author of the original texturepack. i just added a few _Ns and a few _Ss textures to the original one made by Monsterfish_. I am simply doing this to help you guys to have a better looking game!

Sincerely,
-A

Click here for the Original ressourcepack!
Antroz59
Level 44 : Master Architect