How can you share new minecraft items?

Zollern's Avatar Zollern4/9/17 1:12 pm
1 emeralds 326 6
4/10/2017 3:23 pm
Soulas's Avatar Soulas
I made a bunch of items for Easter (decorated eggs and such) and I was wondering if I can share them someplace. I haven't ever modified things before in Minecraft. I made the items by modifying existing texture pictures using Paint.net to color individual pixels, and currently saved them as png files. I just thought someone might use them in their game somehow I think I made over 20 egg designs. Thanks.
Zollern
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2017 3:23 pm
Level 78 : Legendary Senpai
Soulas
Yup that's right, im not sure if you can add multiple textures to one item thought. as with mobs you can add more textures to them for example creeper, creeper1, creeper2 and etc and about items i'm not sure.
04/10/2017 3:07 pm
Zollern
Ok thanks. For now due to the lack of time I think I just want to make the eggs without extra features, just pretty much like the standard egg except for the colors. Can I add 20 egg designs by making a resource pack? It sounds like you can only modify existing items not add new ones is that right? But what I am doing is modifying an existing item, just many times...
04/09/2017 3:05 pm
Soulas
So here is a example, if you make a mod you can fully customize your eggs basicly. add anything to eggs:

1.Potion effects.
2.Same mechanic like lucky blocks.
3.Spawn Eggs for mobs.
4.Random events.
5.Lighting.

and much more things.
04/09/2017 3:00 pm
Soulas
Mod is a modification like a addon for minecraft that adds own seperate items or any other content to minecraft. and resource pack is basicly a texture pack that replaces specific textures when ever you use enable it.
04/09/2017 2:31 pm
Zollern
Ok what is the difference between a mod and a resource pack? It sound slike a resource pack is what I want, just want to share these particular items for anyone to use will that work?
04/09/2017 1:36 pm
Soulas
You could do it in two ways:

1.Create mod with own new items added in the game.
2.Create resource pack and just add those items there.

Both ways are really easy to do, so you can do it within 1-2hours.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome