ACTORS, BUILDERS, WRITERS WANTED: Half Life Machinima Series

oo0spyder0oo's Avatar oo0spyder0oo2/24/13 5:33 pm
4/10/2013 9:38 pm
oo0spyder0oo's Avatar oo0spyder0oo
Hey everyone. Imagine being part of the biggest re-creation of half life in minecraft ever. Whether it be actor, builder or script writing, you'll know you've contributed.

Well, what is this all about? Well, it's a machinima series following gordon's path in Half Life. Made in Minecraft. So think of it as a Minecraft Half Life machinima series. I am the cameraman and director. We already have the actor for Gordon Freeman.

But this is where you all come in. We need actors for scientists, security guards, aliens and HECU marines. This is a big project. We need a large amount of people.

We are also using the Half Life Texture Pack by thejuraj. http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ture-pack/
Big thanks to him. We are hoping to collaborate with him on the project, so if we need a specific texture for a specific area, we could ask him to create one.

Mods? Well, we know we need something like the Ferrulo's Gun Mod or SDK Gun Mod. Because, well, you can't make a half life machinima without guns.

We would like plenty of builders as well, so if you have built large rooms before, and have knowledge of worldedit, we would love your help. We have already done about..... 1/4 of the beginning tram ride. Yup. And that's taken us 2 days even with world edit.
If you want to act and build, feel free. Remember: You'll be given credit at the end of each episode.

And the last job we need is....script writers. We need 1-3 of these guys because we need to adapt some of the scenes because, it's minecraft, you can't do everything with blocks. So basically what I'm saying is that script writers will help come up with the ideas of camera angles, where actors should be placed, etc. We already know the storyline of course.

So that's the 3 jobs. Acting, building or script writing. You could be an actor and a builder, a builder and a script writer, an actor and a script writer, or all three if you have enough time. We need dedicated people.

Well, it's time to give you the templates for signing up. If you want to be all 3 of these jobs, put all three templates in. If you want to be 2 of these jobs, put those 2 templates in. Fill them out. PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT NEED VOICE ACTORS. THIS IS BODY ACTING ONLY, AS I WILL BE PUTTING IN SOUND CLIPS FROM THE ACTUAL GAME
Actor
Click to reveal
Actor:
The actor needs to be very hard working. You cannot mess around. Yeah sure, crack a joke now and then, but remember: This project is huge. If we have everyone not paying attention and wandering around carelessly on the set, this will not get done.
So: Here's the template.

Actor
IGN:
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting):
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be):
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video:
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone):
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?:
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?:
Additional notes?:

Builder
Click to reveal
Builder:
The builder needs to put in as much time as he/she can. They build the sets from the ground up. They need to know how to use world edit commands such as //set, //walls, //replace and more. They must be very dedicated to the project. Without the builders, it can't continue. The builder MUST be referring back and forth to half life walkthroughs etc, so he/she can see what to build, where to build it and what blocks to use. Here is the application.

Builder
IGN:
Have you had any past experience in building large intricate rooms?:
If so, has one of your buildings been in a video before? Link:
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?:
Do you understand you need to be on regularly for this job?:
Additional notes?:

Script Writer
Click to reveal
Script Writer:
The script writer needs to know how a good machinima plays out. They need to know camera angles, and they also need to understand that not everything can be built from half life in minecraft. They might contribute in the skype group chat or they might write down scripts for the scenes in notepad and send it to me. They write a lot.

Script Writer
IGN:
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?:
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?:
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?:
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?:
Additional notes?:

Alright! Well, that's all done, so... I guess it's finally time to wrap up this post! We hope we get plenty of applications. We need about 10 scientist actors, 10 security guard actors, 20+ HECU marines and 20+ aliens for this series.

Please be mature. You do not need a microphone, I don't have one. But I'm a fast typer, so if you're slow, you might want a microphone. We will be recording mostly on weekends.
So thanks everyone! Oh yeah, it will be going on my youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/coolmcvids
But don't worry! You will be given credit at the end of each video if you get in!
Thanks everyone! Bye!
oo0spyder0oo
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2013 9:38 pm
oo0spyder0oo
We need more actors and that'll be it! Apply now as we will start filming within the next two weeks! (We have the tram line and anomolous materials done!)
03/24/2013 11:03 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Come on guys! We need a lot more people to help, especially actors. We've finished building the sets for the tram ride and the anomolous materials, now we just need more actors so we can start filming! Share this with everyone as well if you can!
03/22/2013 9:33 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
03/16/2013 9:16 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Lexigall12345
Script Writer
IGN: Lexigall1234
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?: I have written some stuff before
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?: Not at the moment
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): EST, All day (Home schooled)
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?: I don't know..
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?: Yeps
Additional notes?: I have written little scripts before when I was little and I still like writing about people in real life so this job doesn't seem very hard.
03/17/2013 10:35 am
oo0spyder0oo
You need to have played it pretty recently, especially if you're a writer who needs to know the ins and outs of the game. So I can't accept you at the moment, sorry.
03/16/2013 9:11 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Jakerminer42
App for:Writer!

IGN:Jakerminer42
Skype:is there anything else you have except skype? (don't like using skype)
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?:Nope
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?:
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone):1hr/day but i work fast in the 1hr
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?:Never played half-life (what is half-life, a movie, or a game?)
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?:Yes
Additional notes?:I am not allowing bad words in script but making it so even the younger kids can watch the minecraft remake.
03/17/2013 10:34 am
oo0spyder0oo
You do know that to become a script writer for a remake of a game, you do need to know what that game is actually about? You didn't even know if it was a game in the first place. And on that basis, I can't accept you. We need people that know what Half-Life is, and that's one of the main things I need to tick you for, to be a writer. Thanks for the application though
03/15/2013 6:42 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
TreePiggy
My computer crashes when it opens, but I'm going to get a new laptop tomorrow or the day after so I will download it then.
03/15/2013 7:50 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Alright, but what's your skype name so I can at least add you ready for when you do get a new computer.
Also don't forget to replay half life some time soon as well
03/15/2013 9:20 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
TreePiggy
Actor
IGN:TreePiggy
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting): no
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be): Scientist
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video: No sorry
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): On the weekends 2-5 hrs, weekdays maybe 1 hr. Time zone is US Mountain Time.
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?: 1. Also, don't remember when!!
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?: in the hazard suit
Additional notes?: I think this would be a fun acting opportunity for me!
03/15/2013 6:37 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Also you need skype to communicate. What do you mean it doesn't work on your computer?
03/15/2013 6:36 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Thanks for the application. You're accepted! But do play half life again, for the sake of the acting (if I can just say: "Remember what happens here?") then that would be a lot easier than explaining everything. So please replay half life. Also, we'll be filming on weekends, try to be on as much as you can on Saturday at least. Thanks!
03/15/2013 8:50 am
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
03/12/2013 6:44 am
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
03/09/2013 6:29 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
crazycrafter1713
o...k
03/08/2013 7:18 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
crazycrafter1713
IGN:masterPVP555
script: actor
have you written something before: well im writing a minecraft movie thats probably gonna be called "Herobrined"
Acting:good
building: i build anything that comes to my mind
love minecraft?:YES
please accept,
acting script: HECU marine
03/08/2013 7:53 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Please fill out the application like it was worded. I did not ask if you loved minecraft, I didn't ask, if you were an actor, how good your building was. Please use the application.
03/08/2013 6:16 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump!
03/05/2013 6:42 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
MInecraftKING229
IGN:MInecraftKING229
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting):Yeah I did some videos back then
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be):If you need any of them im fine, i cant choose
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video: my own http://www.youtube.com/user/brandonDAILY315
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): As much as i can i do have alot of free time so Eastern Time
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?:I played it I don't remember the end, but i do have gmod and i have played the first and second
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?: -in the hazard suit.
Additional notes?:
I have the blue yeti so if i do voice acting it wont be bad
03/06/2013 5:10 am
oo0spyder0oo
Accepted and added on Skype! And by Eastern Time, you mean, US Eastern Standard time right? :p
03/05/2013 1:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Gamergize
IGN: EpicIronDragon
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting): Unfortunately, no.
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be): Scientist
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video: No, sorry.
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): GMT, 4 hours per day.
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?: I haven't ever played Half-Life but I'll do some research on it if you accept me.
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?: :/
Additional notes?: First ever acting job, so please don't hate me, XD
03/05/2013 6:16 pm
oo0spyder0oo
And...YOU'RE ACCEPTED! But first I'd highly recommend you playing half-life yourself, or if you can't buy it (and trust me, it'd be a buy that you wouldn't regret) then you can at least watch someone play it. Then you'd get the storyline idea etc. And lemme re-cap...GMT timezone is London, England, right? Just want to make that clear?
03/05/2013 12:11 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Mage
Tutto200
Script Writer
IGN: tutto200
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?: Well I have made many a story, staff member of the Writers Club, owner of some well written stories.
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?: No
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): With writing I have almost all the time as it is creative, expressive and good litriture.
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?: 0
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?: Yes of course and that I have.
Additional notes?: Within a machinima writer aspect I think it would be a good role because I have a good vocabulary, writing experience and lots of great ideas that can help the machinima. I know where to place people/actors as have spatial awareness, angles and can follow the story line.
Thanks for your time.
03/05/2013 6:14 pm
oo0spyder0oo
I wish I can accept you but there's one thing that stands in my mind and that is: you've played half-life zero times. Please buy/play it, it's crucial to being a script writer for a half-life orientated series. If you can't buy it, the next best thing is to watch someone play it. It isn't as good, but at least you'll have knowledge of the storyline, and where the characters are placed. Thanks, and I hope I can accept you soon!
03/05/2013 2:25 am
oo0spyder0oo
BafioFTIGN: BafioFT
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting): no not really but me and my friend act all the time
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be):
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video: Security Gaurd
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): im willing to put alot of time into it
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?: i haven't really played it but... i hear it is good
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?: Gordon Freeman, in the flesh. Or rather in the hazard suit
Additional notes?:

Accepted! I'd recommend at least watching someone play Half-Life to get the gist of it: it's very important to know plenty about it, it makes my job easier and less stressful. Also, you forgot to include the time zone - please reply back to me with the time zone :p
03/04/2013 6:16 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Knightsabers
knightsabers68
Alot. Plenty.
No, none.
I have amazing amount of time on weekends
no
yes

srry for fast writeup ill ad more later
03/05/2013 2:26 am
oo0spyder0oo
I'm not really sure which job you're applying for. Please state that :p
03/05/2013 11:47 am
Knightsundere
Sorry. I am applying for builder. BTW, I would enjoy if you could use Skype or atleast PM me to talk, because PMC doesnt tell me when you comment on here. Thanks
03/04/2013 6:10 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Cmon everyone! We just need around about 5 more actors (and more builders) to start the series. After that, we'll need more, but at least we would be able to just start.
03/01/2013 6:09 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
02/25/2013 5:15 pm
Knightsundere
I've got nothing to do :/. I have some decent knowledge of W.E., so I can definitely help there. Redstone knowledge might help you guys if you need some moving parts, like maybe a bay door, or something like that. The problem is I know exactly what Half Life is, have watched guys on Youtube play it, but have never actually played it myself. You probably won't accept me due to this fact, but just take it into consideration first. Thanks
02/26/2013 2:52 am
oo0spyder0oo
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Worldedit knowledge is good. Also the redstone bit will be useful. If you've watched people play it, have a good memory of those people playing it (storyline etc,) it's fine. Please fill out the builder application form though, and you'll have a good chance of getting in!.
02/24/2013 5:42 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Hey everyone! We're really hoping we get many people posting here. Please spread this post if you can!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome