My Thanksgiving Day

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM11/23/23 10:59 pm history
6 emeralds 162 2
11/24/2023 1:11 am
RyluSpark's Avatar RyluSpark
Just figured I’d share how my Thanksgiving went! Enjoy!

In the morning, I slept in as usual on weekends and non-school days, and had breakfast around 9. I got ready around 10, and my mom and grandma had left for a bit to go hunt down some cheese for my mom’s mac and cheese and lavender for our lavender earl grey cookies. After my shower, I soaked my feet in cool water and epsom salt as I was told to do by my podiatrist. I then headed downstairs to do some writing, and brought my plushies Sharky and Oreo (a great white shark and a sea otter) and Studio Series: Gamer Edition Barricade downstairs.

While downstairs, I scrolled through PMC and responded to PMs, and then my family got home. My mom went upstairs to wait for my grandma to finish cooking in my studio so she could start her mac and cheese, and my grandma stayed in my studio and cooked roughly 1/4 of Thanksgiving dinner. I briefly had to back and forth between the fourth floor and first floor (where my studio is) to find a Band-Aid for my grandma (she cut herself while chopping vegetables) and soy sauce. This wouldn’t be the first time I had to go back and forth between those floors, but once I got the Band-Aid and soy sauce, I didn’t have anything else to do for a while. I just updated my Devastator blog and the Chaos Legion lore blog, and worked a little bit on my Transformers fanfic.

My grandma finished as I did this, and then my mom came downstairs to make her food. Thankfully, instead of going up and down the stairs, I just had to go down the hallway to the other kitchen to get stuff from my grandma. My mom finished the mac and cheese around 2, and then we got started on our lavender cookies. For context, when we were visiting my best friend and his family in California, his mom baked some lavender cookies and gave my mom the recipe. She sent us back with a few, but after my allergic reaction on the flight home, my mom panicked and threw out all the food we had. Since then, we’ve resolved to bake the cookies. They were fun to make, and the dough already tasted good. We made 4 batches of them, with three having 12 cookies and one having 7. When the first batch came out, me and my mom split one to try it and decided to put it back in for a bit longer.

I began to help set the table while they cookies were all baking, and my mom brought another one up for us to try once they finished and she had put the other batches in. Of the first batch, I ate 2 more and my mom ate 3. We left 3 batches in the other kitchen and the last in the studio kitchen while we worked on setting the table. By now, my grandpa had arrived. It took us about 30 minutes to fully get the table ready. (I also brought up Barricade and my animals to sit on a chair and watch us eat.)

During Thanksgiving dinner, we talked about my toe surgery, the Saturday Night Live sketch were Chris Redd did a parody of Mayor Eric Adams’ press conference where he constantly said the word swagger, and the way hippos poop (look it up; it’s disgusting, funny, and strange). However, the infamous political conversations of Thanksgiving dinner were unavoidable with two old people in the room, so once they started talking about it, me and my mom went downstairs and put all the cookies in a basket to bring upstairs. We also went all the way upstairs to getting plastic containers to start putting the food away, as dinner was basically over, and I brought my Nintendo Switch Lite with me on the way down.

Once the food had been largely put away, we had all migrated to the other end of the second floor living/dining room to eat cookies (I had about 10) and show my grandpa the wonderfully dramatic world of Before the 90 Days. I played Animal Crossing: New Horizons on my Switch most of the time, spending about an hour going around me and my mom’s island bringing back Turkey Day feast ingredients for Franklin, including the “extra” ones you could add to the completed meals. There was particularly annoying part where I had just given Zucker a dab hoping he’d give me an ingredient I needed back, but instead, he gave me one for a meal I had already completed, and once I had finished the meal I needed, I learned from Franklin that the next one required a dab. I also did a good amount of fishing while playing, and finished all the Turkey Day stuff with my Switch at 6%.

During the last 40 minutes of us watching Pillow Talks for B90, I played Earth Wars and got involved with some drama (after educating people on the Constructicons). Basically, there’s a rule in the game’s global chat that you can’t roleplay, and there were these three people roleplaying that I warned I would report if they didn’t stop. They didn’t, and I followed through on my threat, and one of them was salty about it and claimed to have reported me and another person who reported them for roleplaying, even though there was no proof that we had done it. He later apologized to me for his actions and called out one of his fellow roleplayers for backing me up on not roleplaying, calling him a hypocrite. We’re on good terms now, although I worry that he’ll get muted or banned for the report.

As my grandpa prepared to leave, me and my grandma got up and finished cleaning off the table. Before he left, I gave my grandpa my only copy of one of my fanfics before he left so he could read it (and then return it), and then we all went upstairs after he was gone. I soaked my feet for the second time, as detailed in the post-surgery foot care instructions, and watched 90 Day: The Other Way with my mom while also helping her with Turkey Day in ACNH. Then, we went to bed.

All in all, a pretty fun Thanksgiving.
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster