Computer being weird

gs gaming's Avatar gs gaming10/26/14 9:26 pm
1 emeralds 319 2
11/1/2014 1:23 pm
gs gaming's Avatar gs gaming
For some unknown reason, my computer is not typing correctly. When I try to type, it goes like this: press letter. Beep. Beep. Computer places letter. The computer im using is a refurbished, hp pavilion 500t. I've also try the computer with 2 diffrent keyboards to confirm that it wasn't the keyboard. If you have any ideas as to why it's doing this, please leave a comment.
gs gaming
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/01/2014 1:23 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
gs gaming
I tried it with a RAZER Deathstalker, the key pad of a RAZER Naga, and the keyboard that came with the desktop. usb.
10/27/2014 9:24 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut
It sounds to me like the operating system is interpreting it as a keyboard hotkey. The kernel receives input and then sends it to the operating system and then from there the operating system's job is to figure out what program needs to use it. The beep means something can't go to where it's being directed towards but could also be receiving that you're pressing the key more than once (which you're clearly not doing) which could be stored in a buffer somewhere within Windows.

Can you tell us what keyboard you're using. USB or PS/2? And do you have the ability to switch the keyboards so you can use the other ports?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome