Watch Dogs 2?

Skullduggerycain's Avatar Skullduggerycain6/16/14 6:46 pm
1 emeralds 507 7
6/23/2014 7:38 pm
Skullduggerycain's Avatar Skullduggerycain
Hey everyone,

So in my Binge watching of watchdogs today, I finally reached the end of the game.

No spoilers, but as the credits roll, it plays a news show from the world of Watch Dogs, showing [major] plot developments, that all are taking place after the game ends. Some of these non-major-spoiler events are:
-Mayor Rushmore homicide, possibly gang hit?

-Blume PR officer - possibly new mayor candidate?

These and other news announcements hint at future plot events of Watch Dogs, and possibly the rise of other Vigilantes? There are some really interesting interruptions through the newscast, caused by audio broadcasted by DeadSec, threats, plans, and other things.

Tony Key, Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing, told game news sites such as GameSpot and IGN today at E3 that Watch Dogs is now officially a "franchise." Though he wouldn't confirm if Watch Dogs 2 is now in development, he said the commercial success of the first game (it sold 4 million copies in one week) shows that the brand has staying power.

"Creating a new franchise like that is the hardest thing to do in our industry because there's so much risk involved. We're incredibly happy with the sales of the game and the experiences that the people are having. So it's a franchise. It goes into the franchise barn and now we figure out what to do next. It's something that we can build on now."
Stated by Tony Key today.

Ubisoft has also [officially] announced a Watch Dogs Movie, which will be released around the same time as the Far Cry 4 and Rabbids movies.

The evidence is pressing, and it's evident that even though Ubisoft may not be planning on a sequel to Watch Dogs, it's definitely planning on doing further things with the game, even if it's just some more DLC.

So what do you guys think? Leave your thoughts on what you think Ubisoft is thinking of doing with the game below.
Skullduggerycain
Level 33 : Artisan Geek