Opinion on Cover Artists? ({[Poll]})

fritzfun123's Avatar fritzfun1235/19/14 12:22 pm
1 emeralds 171 3
5/19/2014 12:55 pm
Zatharel's Avatar Zatharel
What's your opinion on Cover Artists? (They're singers who sing songs by other artists and take a large amount of the credit.)
fritzfun123
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/19/2014 12:49 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Most cover bads give credit where credit is due and are fans themselves of the artist whose music they're covering. If they don't have permission from the original artist, which I would imagine they do otherwise they'd get sued really hard and we'd never see their music again, then I don't agree with what they're doing. There are a few song covers/cover bands that I enjoy a lot though, one song example being "Zombie" by the Cranberries which was covered by Muse and lended a lot more hard rock to the song, which I enjoy more than the original.
05/19/2014 12:55 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zatharel
I like your post only because you mentioned Muse.

Back on topic.
Cover artists are okay, as long as they:
a) Give due credit
b) Try (or succeed) to improve the song

Cover artists shouldn't always try to make their cover sound like the original. Tom Jones did a cover of Kiss by Prince and it sounds very different from the original.
Little Mix recently did a cover of Word Up, which also doesn't sound like the original too much.

Some cover artist even do better than the original creators like the song.
05/19/2014 12:43 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco
roryd04
I don't like them that much unless its a good cover of a song and they improve the song. You know Little Mix well they do a song then do a cover, do a song, do a cover. Most of the time they ruin the original song and there songs are not good (I am a boy so don't listen to that kind of music, I know this is my personal view and will probably have a lot of people rant at me for disliking Little Mix) But sometimes cover artists are ok.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome