Opinions on music?

Azrath's Avatar Azrath7/11/16 1:11 am
7/31/2016 2:35 pm
emilyPx's Avatar emilyPx
Hello PMC!

So my friend is making music and would like to hear out your opinion on it! He let me post it on my channel so I can promote it a bit but ill link this topic to him too so he can see the comments and see on what to work on.

As of my personal opinion it is not something "unique" yet but it sounds nice and it is catchy but since I never made or plan to make and learn about music I guess that is that from me.

This is the track he made, he made it few months ago but still it is something to look at!

Azrath
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

emilyPx
07/31/2016 2:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
nice, better than death metal
but as for me that piece of music is too long
Azrath
07/12/2016 7:51 am
Thank you all for your opinions it is nice to see that PMC is still kicking after 5 years I am on it!
Civeberg
07/11/2016 5:29 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Aeternalis_About as good as modern electronic music gets. It's just the exact same thing as everything else.

Agreed

Not bad, not good either. It wouldn't be something people would buy, more like background music for a movie or a party/dance track
idaidaida
07/11/2016 5:17 pm
Level 42 : Master System
From a producer standpoint, this is not bad at all. It sounds well mixed and mastered - just the sound quality here seems a bit off. Tell him to set his video export settings to render in 320kbps or higher and to always export his audio in uncompressed formats such as .WAV or .FLAC.

Certain elements in the track drag on a bit too much, such as the double buildup and the double part after the drop. There could be more variation and more modulation to make it sound more interesting. And he could add some more melodies to make it sound less repetitive.

Some extra percussion on the second part of the part after the drop would be very welcomed, as maybe some automation on the saw's filter decay/release.

The beat itself sounds really nicely layered, there is a lot to it which i like. Mastering wise, this sounds very clean, nothing to say about that.

I think this track isn't bad, some more interesting melodies and percussion sections would be nice.

Also, why is the track cut down to 3:42? I'd assume it's an uploading error or something?
Chron
07/11/2016 3:20 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
I'm a pretty big fan of prog house, and I liked it. Though I agree with the others, it was a tad repetitive and boring. Reminded me of some old NCS pieces I used to listen to. However, it's a great start for someone learning the craft.
Azrath
07/11/2016 5:08 pm
Glad you like it, I might join him on the the adventure but maybe later as I still have other plans no my mind for my life.
Azrath
07/11/2016 3:06 pm
Thank you all for input definitely going to forward this to him!
Azie
07/11/2016 1:01 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
This track listens as almost 50% intro. Too long of a build-up of almost the same sounds, in my opinion.
Aeternalis_
07/11/2016 1:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
This is basically the entire problem. 90% of electronic music nowadays is just buildup into a drop. This is all this song is.
GizmoTheSloth
07/11/2016 12:43 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Sus
I really like the song! The beat is really good. Plus the name is really cute. <3

Tell your friend I said good job! <3
Fandyus
07/11/2016 12:27 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Definitely way better then my songs xD
Gealx3
07/11/2016 11:58 am
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
I like the varied genre production, that is what something I like in an artist.
CrankerMan
07/11/2016 10:53 am
Level 45 : Master Architect
To me personally it sounds pretty boring because it sounds like generic prog house.
That's just my personal opinion though (I know there are people who absolutely love that genre).

Also why did the song/video end so abruptly?
Flappo
07/11/2016 2:34 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Nice piece of music there.
I see what you mean with not that ''unique''.
But it's nice.
Aeternalis_
07/11/2016 1:46 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
About as good as modern electronic music gets. It's just the exact same thing as everything else.

Also, he needs a different name. That sounds like a shotgun only player in call of duty.
Azrath
07/11/2016 10:47 am
Agree but I about the name I do not, I like the name.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome