Rage on Fans

Pasidon's Avatar Pasidon1/10/12 4:23 pm
1/11/2012 12:11 pm
esoomytefasgone's Avatar esoomytefasgone
The typical Minecraft fan is starting to irritate me. They one day come up with the idea that they think they must contribute something to the community (lacking the skills to do so 99% of the time), so they create a texture pack or mod. They can never just be content with playing the game. So sites like this are flooded with garbage that is impossible to sift through.

I just skim through texture packs and I just find some that make me sad. Some absolutely hilarious because they're so... poorly done. People free write stuff in paint, use horrible grammar, post insanely small / indescribable pictures, have bluntly horrible ideas, DO NOTHING, change one or two things, and so much more. Some are just irritating because people like them for no reason. As an example:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ture-pack/

27 diamonds and NO WORK DONE. No, wait... sorry... he put "Coming soon to Minecraft" in the bottom of the picture he got from Google. No wonder people are drooling over this modern day Da'Vinci. It just has a picture of a big nosed bird and only one idea for the work in the description. ...Nothing but praise... until I commented, but still.

I find so many horrible texture packs that I can't keep my beak shut anymore. When I find really bad ones, I'll use this topic to post my 'reviews' (rages) about them here. It's mainly to entertain myself, but it's one way to get some form of entertainment out of these wasters.
Pasidon
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

esoomytefasgone
01/11/2012 12:11 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
As much as I agree with you. We have a system to bring poor quality content to our attention. Its called Flag. I'm not going to allow the belittlement of someone's submission (no matter how terrible).

site-forum-rules-guidelines-t1040.html

There are some basic rules here that state you are not to insult any person or their submissions. I suggest you follow these.

Reporting guidelines:
topic32796.html

Locked.
ZaphodX
01/11/2012 12:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
I suggest a new form of staff: The Quality Wardens who flag certain content as HQ or LQ and have it hide or promote certain submissions. Too much LQ content, it should all be burnt with fire.
Pasidon
01/11/2012 11:57 am
Appreciate the words, friend. Hopefully we can do something around here to get rid of this overwhelming heap of old gravy, one cynical review at a time.
Bleyd
01/11/2012 1:20 am
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Had I a hat, it would be tipped to you. This is quite possibly the loudest and most triumphant voice of reason to come to this site in a long time. The quality of submissions used to be laughable, then it was annoying, and now it's simply embarrassing.

As of this moment, the last few pages of texture packs is over 50% unoriginal, uninspired, copied, uncreative dreck. While such definitions may seem subjective at first, just looking at these recolored, washed out, tiled, or "simple" packs should easily separate the good from the horrible.

It's the same with skins - the vast majority have either solid colors or generated noise. Because skin making programs are so accessible and skins are somewhat more basic to create, kids love to churn them out by the dozen. No effort is made to have them stand out or be something more than what a monkey could draw. Work that deserves praise or recognition barely gets any views before being drowned out by spam, while others with no effort put into them rise to the top.

Recently the blogs section has become overrun as well. As someone who uses English in my career, I enjoy writing stories for others to read, but what's the use in trying to share anything when ten more are made within the minute? Especially worse is that most of them are just copying or cashing in on other popular ideas, i.e. "Diary of a Mob part 37." It's also shameful how many blogs are misplaced servers, arbitrary skin requests, or 3-sentence rants with no purpose.

Though this community prides itself on having higher standards, our creative commons is in need of drastic improvement. I have long been a supporter of any possible means of regulating how users upload things, everything from level-based limitations to a group that approves things before they can be sent through. At this point ANYTHING would be better than allowing this relentless idiocracy to go unchecked.
Pasidon
01/11/2012 12:42 am
Hmm... you might be right. I gained like 50 Sith points already at Planet Minecraft, so the path of evil it is. Guess we'll see if my blog continues to send crappy textures to their abysmal end.
Pasidon
01/11/2012 12:27 am
Save those lips for the party. But yea, I didn't actually think the garbage would be taken to the dump because I started complaining. Are admins actually going around deleting them or are the fans who made them burdened with guilt because they finally realized you can't put 3 minutes of work into a texture pack and expect more praise than someone who didn't?
iHazRabiez
01/11/2012 12:31 am
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
Well, it would appear your words carry heavy weight throughout this community, it is up to you how you use it.
iHazRabiez
01/11/2012 12:23 am
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
*Claps* If you were a very beautiful woman, I would kiss you.
ot23
01/11/2012 12:16 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
i think its hilarious how every texture pack you used as an example were removed.
Pasidon
01/11/2012 12:05 am
By the way... that Hunger Games texture pack I posted about in my first post... it's gone now. Someone got rid of it. Heh-heh... was it something I said?
Pasidon
01/10/2012 6:02 pm
I try and be reasonable enough. I don't curse, call people names or use exclamation points, so I shouldn't be harassed too much. Still hope I get hate mail... nothing makes my day better than people going out of their way to express the level of sadness that I have caused them.

Here's the blog:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/rage-hammer/

Yea, I'm really getting into this. Just need to figure out how to use my blog now...
Pasidon
01/10/2012 5:10 pm
Oh... there's 'blog' written in giant text at the top of the site. Niffty, And it seems you are also gifted with the art of rage... excellent'e.
Nymus
01/10/2012 5:02 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
You are the Prophet for a New Age.

An empyrean age...

An empyrean age for PMC.
Pasidon
01/10/2012 4:58 pm
Are there Minecraft blogs? I'm really getting into this, so maybe I could. Link me to these blogs you speak of...
Tairan
01/10/2012 5:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Heres something I wrote a while back http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/sto ... pixel-art/ its kind of along the same lines.
Tairan
01/10/2012 4:54 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Your yelling skills are incredible but i think you should post on the blogs not the forums...
Pasidon
01/10/2012 4:52 pm
Let me start this off immediately...

Buggedcraft

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ggedcraft/

This is just stoopid. First off, he starts out in his description, and I quote: "Ok guys, idk why and how i made this. but it was gonna be a real texturepack. then something bugged, and it ended up like this. kinda sad."

True. Not only does he not know why he made this, but the 'how' part slipped his mind. Well, he posted it anyway. His one screen shot is him in his GUI screen. It shows nothing... he also requests that it is his first """texture pack""" and that we don't "hate" on it, as he specifically states: "This is made to make people laugh, NOT to be played with. Anyone who thinks this is for playing with and thinking of being mean, just back off noob." Request denied. But I'll specifically make sure to laugh at it and not to play it since you asked nicely.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome