What is the name for your PC??

AOJoshOh's Avatar AOJoshOh8/8/13 9:22 am
8/17/2013 5:57 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
If you are a hardcore gamer and have built your own gaming PC, then you have most likely given it a special name.

I bring this up because my cousin recently built his own gaming PC, it has white chassis so he gave it the name "FROSTBYTE" and I'm curious to know what you call yours, leave its colour and its name in a reply!
AOJoshOh
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Leeberator
08/17/2013 5:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
RiotShielder
Also, he is right about bandwidth not having an impact on FPS, they are two completely seperate concepts, although there can be explanations for why you get a higher FPS on your own server vs someone elses, mostly due to block rendering, view distance, entity rendering, etc.

Yeah, like I was saying, my claim was only based off of a problem I observed and not much else.

I do have the view distance on my server set lower to conserve bandwidth (my host wants as little bandwidth used as possible ), but keep in mind I don't host it on the computer I play on. It's not capable of running a server that size. xD
isaac_miner
08/17/2013 5:50 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
my pcs name is isaacs pc but my sister changed it to bill gates 4 ever
Whiteops1221
08/17/2013 5:50 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Super conputer cause its beast
RiotShielder
08/17/2013 5:49 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
TheShadbusher
AOJoshOh
HAHAHA, I love the lies, and just because you used a PC "since you were 3" which I highly doubt because you only start primary school at 5, none the less, OK you have a more detailed map, but I don't see how in ANY way what so ever the connection to ones server conflicts with your FPS. If you have done java then please, oh please write a few lines of YOUR OWN code for me and to be honest, I have no idea what MatLab is, nor do I care. No if you want to lie and say that you know something you actually don't, then please go back to primary school.

I see how someone could think that I'm lying (because this is the internet), but what I've said is completely true. Note I didn't say I was using a computer for anything more than learning games (which most small children use computers for). I think that what that other guy said makes more sense, but like I said, I was basing my claim off of observations. I'm glad someone was actually able to provide a reasonable answer to the problem I was observing.

I have three plugins on BukkitDev, and if you'd like me to write some code, I'd be happy to.

import java.util.Scanner;
public class pmcDemonstration()
{
public int returnDoubleInt(double x){
x = x * 2;
return x;
}
public static void main(String[] args){
Scanner chuck = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.print("Enter a number: ");
double x = chuck.nextInt();
int y = returnDoubleInt(x);
System.out.println("Your number is now " + y);
}
}

Note it's been a while since I've coded anything (a month or two), so I *might* have some syntax or logic errors in this.

I'm trying to cooperate even though you are not being very cooperative, but you will not be able to anger or patronize me. So don't try.

One more thing: Matlab is the programming language used in many complicated systems, but unfortunately I'm not sure I'm permitted to tell you exactly what I know it's used in, and I don't want to risk a problem.

Also, he is right about bandwidth not having an impact on FPS, they are two completely seperate concepts, although there can be explanations for why you get a higher FPS on your own server vs someone elses, mostly due to block rendering, view distance, entity rendering, etc.
RiotShielder
08/17/2013 5:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Stormtrooper (It's actually the name of the case)
Karrfis
08/17/2013 5:33 pm
They/Them • Level 35 : Artisan Birb Birb
mine is called dell-pc because i have not changed the name since i bought it
Leeberator
08/17/2013 5:40 pm
+1 coolness for Dell
daytdog
08/17/2013 5:29 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Due to mine being custom built and me being a doctor who fan...
It's name is sexy.
Leeberator
08/17/2013 5:24 pm
AOJoshOh
HAHAHA, I love the lies, and just because you used a PC "since you were 3" which I highly doubt because you only start primary school at 5, none the less, OK you have a more detailed map, but I don't see how in ANY way what so ever the connection to ones server conflicts with your FPS. If you have done java then please, oh please write a few lines of YOUR OWN code for me and to be honest, I have no idea what MatLab is, nor do I care. No if you want to lie and say that you know something you actually don't, then please go back to primary school.

I see how someone could think that I'm lying (because this is the internet), but what I've said is completely true. Note I didn't say I was using a computer for anything more than learning games (which most small children use computers for). I think that what that other guy said makes more sense, but like I said, I was basing my claim off of observations. I'm glad someone was actually able to provide a reasonable answer to the problem I was observing.

I have three plugins on BukkitDev, and if you'd like me to write some code, I'd be happy to.

import java.util.Scanner;
public class pmcDemonstration()
{
public int returnDoubleInt(double x){
x = x * 2;
return x;
}
public static void main(String[] args){
Scanner chuck = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.print("Enter a number: ");
double x = chuck.nextInt();
int y = returnDoubleInt(x);
System.out.println("Your number is now " + y);
}
}

Note it's been a while since I've coded anything (a month or two), so I *might* have some syntax or logic errors in this.

I'm trying to cooperate even though you are not being very cooperative, but you will not be able to anger or patronize me. So don't try.

One more thing: Matlab is the programming language used in many complicated systems, but unfortunately I'm not sure I'm permitted to tell you exactly what I know it's used in, and I don't want to risk a problem.
Gunner589
08/09/2013 3:55 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
i built it it has a 1tb hdd windows 8 pro 8gb ram evga psu hd radeon 7790 amd 8 core cpu so its gonna be called mhh lightningbolt
aman207
08/09/2013 3:54 am
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207

XD
AOJoshOh
08/09/2013 3:52 am
"Lemme clear this up. If your playing offline, the framerate will be based off of the hardware in your PC. If your playing online, the framerate will depend on the amount of space for players the server has. I played TF2 on my laptop and it would run nicely on a server, but offline I would be getting 10 FPS."

No, the framerate when online depends on your hardware... .-.
Yes maybe if there are more people on the server it may cause your FPS to drop since you have to render so many people (unless that is server-side, unlikely) but what he is saying is that the same map and same amount of people on two different servers would mean the better connection one would give more FPS... which is false.
AOJoshOh
08/09/2013 3:49 am
TheShadbusher

Your patronization hurts me. The map on my server actually has more detail (people on my server build a LOT), as well as more lag-inducing things like complicated redstone, hordes of animals, etc.

I've been using computers since I was 3, I code in Java, and am learning Matlab. Please don't patronize simple observations.

Azie
08/08/2013 11:58 am
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
Tis the Batcave.
Shider Paper
08/08/2013 11:57 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
I have my gaming computer which is Big Fat Goy.
My mum's crappy prebuilt, Fredward.
And my laptop Typlo.
Mr_NiceGuy
08/08/2013 11:53 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
A call mine "Pile of Candy"
(The italics was a censor, in case you didn't realize.)

Click to reveal
Themoonwolves20
08/08/2013 11:43 am
Level 21 : Expert Robot
TheShadbusher
AOJoshOh
._. your noob hurts me.
download both yours and the others map and put it in singleplayer, you would realise that they probably have more detail in there map then yours, I work in an IT store and have done IT for about 4 years, dont question simple answers.

Your patronization hurts me. The map on my server actually has more detail (people on my server build a LOT), as well as more lag-inducing things like complicated redstone, hordes of animals, etc.

I've been using computers since I was 3, I code in Java, and am learning Matlab. Please don't patronize simple observations.

Lemme clear this up. If your playing offline, the framerate will be based off of the hardware in your PC. If your playing online, the framerate will depend on the amount of space for players the server has. I played TF2 on my laptop and it would run nicely on a server, but offline I would be getting 10 FPS.

I don't have a name for my Gaming PC, but it's pretty nice. It runs everything over 60 FPS. 40 when recording

Click to reveal
i5-4570
Gigabyte H78 Mobo
Corsair Vengance 8gb
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
EVGA gtx 660 Superclocked
Corsair 600w PSU
WD Blue 1Tb 7200RPM
CoolerMaster Elite 430 (with blue LED 120mm fan)

Any ideas for a name?
RynzAMasta007
08/08/2013 11:30 am
Level 49 : Master Architect
"FireFlyer"

Everything in my pc is over powered or not designed to be there. Everthing is overclocked or jerry rigged beyond default specifications thus, the damn thing generates loads of heat. A LOT. so I put red duck tape on it with black fire flames and called it my FireFlyer. "ever burnt your finger on a heatsink?"
MInecraftKING229
08/08/2013 10:03 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
Asus Cause I love asus
ST_RD_ST
08/08/2013 10:00 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Guard
Hard Poop. cause my pc is an hp ..........
SnipersArePeopleToo
08/08/2013 9:58 am
Level 1 : New Miner
My laptop is called "laptop" because its a laptop.
Leeberator
08/08/2013 9:56 am
AOJoshOh
._. your noob hurts me.
download both yours and the others map and put it in singleplayer, you would realise that they probably have more detail in there map then yours, I work in an IT store and have done IT for about 4 years, dont question simple answers.

KazakenHD
08/08/2013 9:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
My pc is called Bleeding Rock because of the colors when it`s on (Black and Red)
DavidTheDude
08/08/2013 9:43 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Sailor
Bob
AOJoshOh
08/08/2013 9:40 am
TheShadbusher
AOJoshOh
The connection to a server has no impact on the FPS XD

Oh yes it does. I play on my server (which is hosted real close to my house) and I get 100 FPS most of the time. I play on most other servers and I get around 40-50 FPS.

I don't know what part of the connection to the server to blame, but I did notice a significant drop in FPS when playing on servers based far from my home.

._. your noob hurts me.
Leeberator
08/08/2013 9:35 am
AOJoshOh

Oh yes it does. I play on my server (which is hosted real close to my house) and I get 100 FPS most of the time. I play on most other servers and I get around 40-50 FPS.

I don't know what part of the connection to the server to blame, but I did notice a significant drop in FPS when playing on servers based far from my home.
AOJoshOh
08/08/2013 9:32 am
TheShadbusherI haven't really gotten around to naming my computer, but since it was the supercomputer of 2006-2007, I'll call it The Underdog because even though people scoff at its specs, it still plays Minecraft at over 70+ FPS (unless I have a poor connection to a server :/) and records at a nice 30 FPS, which is what YouTube plays back at. It also plays/records Halo like nobody's business.

ZeusThyGreat
08/08/2013 9:32 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
I made one its red and black . I named it Frankenstein because i used mostly alienware stuff (desktop and cpu) and the cover but the keyboard is the macbook's pro's because of ze lights :d
AOJoshOh
08/08/2013 9:33 am
i sorta can read jibberish but ok... you realise other keyboards have backlit keys
kaihiwatari55
08/08/2013 9:31 am
Level 30 : Artisan Spelunker
My hardcore gaming PC? Jeremiah. It's my child.

JK, it's name is Aeris Vis. Although when Windows asked for a name for my PC, I did call it Jeremiah.
Leeberator
08/08/2013 9:30 am
I haven't really gotten around to naming my computer, but since it was the supercomputer of 2006-2007, I'll call it The Underdog because even though people scoff at its specs, it still plays Minecraft at over 70+ FPS (unless I have a poor connection to a server :/) and records at a nice 30 FPS, which is what YouTube plays back at. It also plays/records Halo like nobody's business.

Its specs are:

4 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM
Pentium D 945 processor (dual-core 3.4 GHz without overclocking)
500 GB Western Digital hard drive
512 MB NVIDIA QuadroFX 3700 graphics card
madisonjack01
08/08/2013 9:26 am
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
I have a sony vaio I bought it and did not build it I am ashamed of saying it but I love it
Cyndus
08/08/2013 9:26 am
Level 34 : Artisan Blacksmith
Lavamob.

I named it after TBNRFrags because he's my favorite NoobTuber-

Wait is that not right? I'm sorry YOUTuber
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome