kiddrangon's Avatar kiddrangon10/14/11 5:52 pm
1 emeralds 159 7
10/14/2011 6:18 pm
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/dar ... test-skin/

here my skin but i dont know why is got tooken out

this is the message i got

Contest Disqualification
2. Skins must be new and made for this contest.
No copies, re-posts, or old skins will be accepted. This includes copies of default textures from the minecraft.jar, existing texture packs, or previously existing member submissions, from this site or others, including your own galleries. Give us something new and fresh, please!

it says i copy and edit something but i didnt i used Nova Skin Maker
http://minecraft.novaskin.me/

and started from nothing used the old face but change the skin's skin color and made a black hoodle for him and named him DARK STEVE
kiddrangon
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/14/2011 6:18 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
We are checking manually, and using ANY part of an existing skin is grounds for disqualification.

2. Skins must be new and made for this contest.
No copies, re-posts, or old skins will be accepted. This includes copies of default textures from the minecraft.jar, existing texture packs, or previously existing member submissions, from this site or others, including your own galleries. Give us something new and fresh, please!

That means no Steve. The fact that you copied it from NovaSkin does not change the fact that it is still from the minecraft.jar.

I would recommend that you stay away from 'assembler' programs like NovaSkin, MinerShoes, or SkinCraft if you intend to continue posting skins on this site. All of those 'parts' you are using came from someone else's work, you know.
10/14/2011 6:15 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
wolfy125132
Well first, you did absolutely nothing. All you did was take the steve skin, paint it black and painted his eyes red. It took you about 2 mins to do this. Have you ever heard in school about people who plagerize? What happens to them?
10/14/2011 6:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
HaloMediaz
here's what you should do to make it not seems so boring (and seem different). Go into Photoshop (or pain.net a Free program, which is also a photo editor) and go to effects and add noise. This will definitely make it different. I am not saying your skin is bad, it may just be that the program they use (which is likely that they use a program) recognized the steve head and all that black and thought you copied it.
Hoped that helped you.
10/14/2011 6:16 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
skull983398
It is my understanding that the skins are checked manually. I may be wrong, but this is how it seems to me.
10/14/2011 6:04 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Archer
HanSilly
mine got disqualified too and i started from nothing just blank white skin and yer boom disqualified
10/14/2011 6:01 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Unicorn
Mijichu
You said it yourself, you used the default face. Contest entries must be completely original, without using existing skins.
10/14/2011 5:59 pm
Level 29 : Expert Creeper Hugger
DestinyBrookes
Because you still used steve's skin, so this is an obvious remix if you only changed a few parts, or colours...

Also don't try and sound angry on the forums, your thread's just gunna get locked and you'll get nowhere.

If you want a better explanation e-mail happybandaid the organiser of the contest, or one of the judges.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome