Admin Question

oliverj911's Avatar oliverj91111/3/11 4:46 am
11/3/2011 7:45 am
TheZestyLemon's Avatar TheZestyLemon
I was reading a forum and once again came across the quote,
"you don't ask to be an admin... you earn it"
This raises a few questions though....
If you don't ask how do people no u want this position/role?

if you don't ask, somebody else might come along and ask and get this position/role..

and finally isn't it said that... if You don't ask questions, you will never no the answer and in school or life for that matter isn't asking questions encouraged?

So maybe this is a load of bullshit and asking for admin should be encouraged and when you ask, people don't come along and say this.....

But maybe not... you tell me?
oliverj911
Level 10 : Journeyman Farmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2011 7:45 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
TheZestyLemon
Well, there's a difference between asking a pestering. Obviously, don't ask for admin the second you join. If the server has a ranking system, go up the ranks til you can't get any higher. Make sure you know the owner and he trusts you.
The most difficult thing for an owner is having to deal with the server, so your job is to administrate the server (See what I did thar)(Pun wasn't actually intended) and make his/her life a lot easier.
11/03/2011 7:10 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
We basically jump all over people who ask for OP or ADMIN positions because it's spamming.

"LOOKING FOR SERVER WHERE I CAN BE OP OR ADMIN" posts just clutter up the site, are NOT interesting to the readership in general, and totally don't belong in the forums. Or the blogs. Or in the comments on posted servers. Actually, they don't belong anywhere. If someone wants an admin position, they can contact the server owners directly, through PM.
11/03/2011 7:14 am
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
Worst place for it is chat they swarm there daily lol
11/03/2011 6:34 am
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
timoteo2000
Yeah, on my server, I always have people who literately just joined and read the ranks, asking, "Hey can I be a Helper?" it is a rank I have on my server before Mod & Admin.
I always have to go into my laborotories, bash my head, go out, and say kindly:
"You have to sign up on the site, stay here for a few weeks, build some stuff, and THEN you apply on the site."
A week later they come back on, and they said go look at my application.
I go to the Co-Ords where they're house is said to be, and I get a little dirt shack...
In 1 week they could do better, but what was worse, was they had 3 bans in the MCBans system, I actually ended up banning them for flying, so bye bye, wannabe Helper.
xD
11/03/2011 5:06 am
oliverj911
haha yeh we get that a lot, you are right but the quote itself is just a excuse to bully anyone that asks on Planet Minecraft and/or on a server
11/03/2011 5:02 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
The problem is 70% of people asking for op do it within 20 minutes of joining a server, and 95% do it within the first day.
11/03/2011 4:54 am
oliverj911
Yeh I guess your right ZaphodX, you kinda answered all if my questions like i dont ask to be admin myself mainly because i am an admin on a server but some people do kindly ask and get smashed by every one saying that quote not fair really??
11/03/2011 4:51 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Asking for admin is a sure fire way to be ignored for the role. Some servers will even ban you for it.

You earn it: Play fair, report people who are griefing, be a model player on the server. Perhaps after you have played for more than 2 weeks and got to know a prominent admin or the server owner THEN you can let them know you would be interested in being a mod or admin if a position became available. Don't ever push it, if you are deserving of a role you will be promoted.
11/03/2011 5:21 am
Level 37 : Artisan Dragon
carvine1
Go ZaphdoX. Ur answers will always intrest me
11/03/2011 4:50 am
Level 23 : Expert Pony
cheezydolphin
Well its saying to earn the position rather then just expecting being made it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome