Can Lava Flow Up?

iGriiZZZ's Avatar iGriiZZZ4/6/13 9:30 pm
4/7/2013 3:10 pm
Mierda's Avatar Mierda
Does anyone know how I can make lava flow straight up. I'm trying to make a volcano that I can switch on and off with a lever. I have all the bugs worked out except making the lava flow straight up. I do have an alternative but its kind of messy and takes a really long time to set up. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies !!
iGriiZZZ
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Mierda
04/07/2013 3:10 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Zombie
Sethbling made a tutorial for his volcano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOHnWS8pdSg
BlueGamerzTM
04/07/2013 3:08 pm
Level 78 : Legendary Artist
It's very easy to do it.
Change the direction of the animated flowing lava texture upside down? Or something like that?
Falconblade99
04/07/2013 9:18 am
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
Like Sed said(lol Sed said) SethBling made an erupting volcano with MCEdit, which will be playable in vanilla(probably your best option). You could also build your volcano upside down and then the lava can only flow up Or use dispensers facing upwards, or have dispensers floating above the volcano and then make them use a lava bucket and then use tnt to blow the dispensers up.
-Kali-
04/06/2013 11:33 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
OH!!!! I have an Idea! (But it won't be very high) set a dispenser and place lava in it
sed11
04/06/2013 9:38 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
You can make a Volcano with MCEdit and filters by selecting falling sand then changing its ID to Lava's ID number, then create spawners for that Entity so they can shoot up into the air.

This is from SethBling's Mount Dinnerbone map, and a map I made inspired by that.

Anyone will be able to use your map, MCEdit is a program that let's you build stuff in the game and other things without mods.
FlyingPigCatcher
04/06/2013 9:34 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Ranger
Lol maybe a mod or something?
DaedricSheep
04/06/2013 9:33 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
not really possible, it sounds like you want it to erupt?
if not, if you just want a togleable flow, then have pistons set up around the edges to lower and let the pool of lava loose?

That's all i got
iGriiZZZ
04/07/2013 3:05 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Lol That's my alternative but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that
19dshriver
04/06/2013 9:32 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
There is no way without mods, but that would be cool.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome