Hellllllp! Please No Idea The Problem! (World Erros)

LegitPain's Avatar LegitPain3/1/13 7:32 pm
3/1/2013 9:41 pm
BurgerBoy11's Avatar BurgerBoy11
Ok so heres the thing. I run a server. Server is fine ok. So me and my builders make a new spawn i back it up shut down the server and

I delete "world" (the spawn world) i rename the newspawn world to "world" and i boot up the server to my surprise im in a completely empty superflat world, and the newspawn file is still in the folder. so i mvtp to new spawn and its also flat! so i delete them both and put up the backup. Still doesnt work so i then decide to try the backup in single player and it works fine. but it doesnt work on the server please help!
LegitPain
Level 19 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

BurgerBoy11
03/01/2013 9:41 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Geek
You see, flatland worlds are somewhat strange. When you initially spawn on single player, you spawn at a random coordinate that could be in the thousands. Many people complain about how when they die, their spawn point is completely changed, to be thousands of blocks from their first one. What may be happening with you is Multiverse is spawning you at the standard 0,0 coordinate (push F3 to check). The world is probably not completely flat, rather, you'll have to fly far away to find you building. To do this, first open your world in single player. Press F3 and memorize/write down the X and Z coordinates. Then go back to your server and go to those coordinates. If you have Essentials, you can do /tppos X 64 Z. If you find your building, then reset the spawn of your world.
In summary, I think that your building is in that "completely flat" world, just far away, so you can reset your spawn to it. I'm not guaranteeing that this is correct, but I hope this helps!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome