How to get my server off the ground

Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator6/25/16 9:34 am
1 emeralds 436 5
6/27/2016 5:24 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I started my server almost 4 years ago, and the entire time I've had trouble getting it off the ground. I've changed up the theme a few times throughout the years, and almost everyone who plays on it says they really like it. The problem is, I only get one or two people on at a time. They join, play on and off for a few weeks, and then don't come back. I've asked a couple of them why they don't stay, and they tell me it's because there aren't that many people to interact with. I try to be on when others are logged on, but I and my staff team can only do so much.

We have a professional-grade server banner:

We have a semi-professional trailer:

We're also working with people to get a YouTube series or two going, but so far nothing has really helped get the server off the ground.

What else can we do? Thanks in advance for your useful input.
Leeberator
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/27/2016 5:24 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
IamHelius
That's weird. I joined your server and nothing seems wrong except no players.
Be sure to also add a money award for voting then. I voted but only got one diamond.
Be sure to add huge rewards. I'd recommend about 3 Diamonds and $200 per vote.
06/27/2016 5:24 pm
Leeberator
I changed it up since there are now four voting sites. Each vote earns you 1 diamond and 10 claim blocks. With the old system, people would be getting 12 diamonds a day, and that seems like a bit much.

There's a 10% chance each of getting 3 extra diamonds, $1000, and 100 more claim blocks.
06/26/2016 6:02 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
IamHelius
Be sure to put on a lot of vote sites of your server and then put in a lot of awesome rewards for your players when they vote.

That's how we got our server off the ground, we had about 8 players on at the same time.
06/26/2016 5:31 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Kilroy
Starting a mc server isn't that easy, did you try advertising it on the server lists?
06/26/2016 10:09 am
Leeberator
I have my server on a bunch of them, but I only promote and keep three updated. I actually added the third one today (Minecraft Server List) and got an influx of new players. Not many stayed, but some did.

IamHeliusBe sure to put on a lot of vote sites of your server and then put in a lot of awesome rewards for your players when they vote.

That's how we got our server off the ground, we had about 8 players on at the same time.

3 diamonds per vote plus a 10% chance of extra claim blocks and a 4% chance of 8 more diamonds is what I have now. It actually seems a little overpowered considering the server's theme, but I haven't had enough players join to find out.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome