How to prevent villagers from having jobs?

Xboy1282's Avatar Xboy12823/22/23 5:47 pm
1 emeralds 229 3
3/27/2023 1:39 am
Mafia's Avatar Mafia
I'm making a map and I only want certain villagers to have jobs and the rest be jobless, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried to use repeating command blocks and tags to constantly make villagers without a specific tag to be jobless, but then they keep walking back and forth since they keep trying to get jobs, and then getting reset. If anyone knows what to do please help.
Xboy1282
Level 28 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Mafia
03/27/2023 1:39 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Enderdragon
there should be a way to summon the nitwit specifically which is a rare variant of a villager that has a low chance of spawning that will refuse to take up a job. Use that and it will look like a villager with no job

Try this:

/summon villager ~ ~ ~ {Profession:5,Career:1}
cowboycosmic
03/22/2023 5:56 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cowboy
history
Start your villagers out on one of those anime shows, that'll keep 'em out of the workforce! 😛

In all seriousness my first thought would be to spawn villagers as nitwits, or with the "noAI:1b" NBT tag to lobotomize them all the way to last Thursday night! Ain't noone running any jobs if there's no lights on upstairs. Otherwise depending on what you're setting up jobless villagers for, you _could_ just have them be untradeable using a blank Offers NBT list, thought I don't remember if this locks out the trading panel entirely (does nothing on left-click) or if this just results in an empty trade menu.
Xboy1282
03/22/2023 6:11 pm
Level 28 : Expert Taco
Thanks, the nitwit method worked.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome