I suck at PVP. How do I improve?

sed1364's Avatar sed13643/24/24 4:53 pm
4/2/2024 9:52 am
Lickydog's Avatar Lickydog
I'm so awful. I could die easily to someone even if they had worse gear than I do.

No matter what, I don't see any progress. I don't know why PVP seems complicated. I don't understand. How do I practice? Typically, a good way to practice is to start slow. However, I can't just tell the other guy in Bed Wars, "Hey, go easy on me. Only make SLOW SWINGS"

I really can't think of good ways to practice and learn other than just playing games more. However, I'm probably practicing the wrong technique.

For context, I currently play on PC. However, I suck regardless of what I'm playing on.

How do I improve at PVP?

More info: I play on 1.20.4
sed1364
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/02/2024 9:52 amhistory
Level 36 : Artisan Modder
Lickydog
I'm not the best at PvP, so I can't tell you exactly how to learn. Just like everything else, you will learn differently than other people. However, I can give you some tips on how to get started.

If you are on Hypixel Bedwars, I've heard 1.8.9 gives you an advantage.

Play PvP-based gamemodes a lot, preferably on servers where you don't care about your score/stats being modified (or with your friends on a private server). I'm sure there is a practice Bedwars server somewhere. You can even practice things that could be useful in singleplayer, such as MLGs and bridging.

Try to watch YouTube videos, but don't completely rely on them because you need to learn by playing.

Eventually, you will start to get better, although you won't be able to beat some good players in the beginning.

This may take time, and you won't instantly get better just by reading comments.
03/29/2024 5:47 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
lolwerd
Try to watch some videos for pvp tips maybe it can help you.
03/29/2024 5:43 amhistory
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
MarioLuigi
Just play a lot..
03/28/2024 3:07 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
KingByChance
Attack first and then run off, do the run-and-jump for a little bit extra speed. So when the enemy is chasing you, just stop running. The enemy will then catch up to you-so while he's jumping, swing at him, while he's back to the ground, jump up and swing that should crit him

Hoped this helped!
03/25/2024 4:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Coco1234
try circling who you are attacking as you attack, this makes it harder for them to hit you, as you get better at this, you will be able to do this while making faster swings,
03/25/2024 4:49 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Coco1234
I dont know how much this will help but its what I do, also just a few tips for when you are doing this:
Its easier on pc, you can turn faster
DO NOT do this all the time, some situations will make trying to do this a bad idea, for example when your on a bridge.
if someone else tries to do this on you, DO NOT TRY TO HIT THEM WILLY NILLY! go behind them and move with them. Mobility is your friend.
you typicly want to be trying to move as much and as fast as you can while doing this.
DO NOT GET FRUSTRAITED WITH THIS! it takes time and practice to master this.
I have other ways of doing pvp if you need them, just let me know and im happy to help!
03/25/2024 4:00 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Dynastii1242
play on pvp legacy
03/25/2024 2:55 pm
Level 22 : Expert Cookie
dominusanimum
1. Modify the default controls allowing faster speed and more personalized fighting styles.
2. Hide... Once that gong sounds, it's a bloodbath. Survivors will have to get out of there fast if they want to make it. Stay away from action when you can.
3. Focus more on killing than surviving. Your objective is to destroy your victims as quickly as you can. It doesn't matter if they hurt you or even kill you, but make them suffer. Be a monster.

Hide, sneak, attack... That is how you master the art of PvP.
03/25/2024 2:33 pm
Level 42 : Master Kitten
GalaxyCat24
I would advise just to keep at it. Keep trying. Keep testing things out, finding out what works, and what doesn't.
Once I thought it was a hopeless struggle too, but over time I've seen some improvements.
I wouldn't say I'm good at it, but I feel like I'm better than I was.
03/25/2024 8:43 am
Level 39 : Artisan Mage
Arkaliasus
im useless at melee pvp, but i built myself a massive archery gallery on a server once with about 30 different scenarios.. at least my long distance pvp is good now!

maybe you should try that too! .. kill them before the get close!! :D
03/25/2024 2:08 pm
sed1364
Actually, I play a lot of Phantom Forces on Roblox. So maybe I should refine my archery skills :D
03/24/2024 7:59 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
There are two basic parts to PvP;
  One is the toe-to-toe slugfest where learning the timing and tactics needed to go from crouch to sprint to jump to hit etc is citical
For this aspect I don't know of anything but practice (ideally against an opponent somewhat, but not overwhelmingly better) — perhaps you could find a different venue or server that had a lower percentage of high skill opponents

  The other basic part of PvP is strategic: how to bridge / pillar / place blocking structures and so forth. (Also being able to do this on-the-fly.)
The idea is that optimal play is to score a kill without allowing one's opponent to score a hit….
Some of this you can get by watching playthroughs, some by practicing MC-parkour, some by thinking about what went wrong (and how to avoid that)...
again lots of practice.
03/24/2024 4:57 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Papa Enny
How about trying to beat faster or wait for the full load, run more or jump
03/24/2024 5:19 pm
sed1364
That's what I've been trying to do. It doesn't seem like I'm improving.
03/25/2024 5:39 am
Papa Enny
I am not a PVP guy, yet i tried my best to advice what and how
03/25/2024 5:45 am
Level 10 : Journeyman System
NoUsernameFound_
maybe you can build/code a pvp practice map where you have to fight coded armor stands
(or just a command to summon zombies etc)
idk if this could help but it is good for practice
03/25/2024 5:49 am
Papa Enny
good point
03/25/2024 5:52 am
Level 10 : Journeyman System
NoUsernameFound_
glad to help
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024