Is it illegal to ban someone after donating 35$?

maxwell321's Avatar maxwell3219/9/12 10:08 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 29
11/17/2012 5:18 pm
Bethamez's Avatar Bethamez
that happened to me, on mcinfected, it banned me for donating 35$
that is stealing
maxwell321
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Bethamez
11/17/2012 5:18 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Hey, Guys, this died a month ago. No need
to bring it back :p
DragonbornSR
11/17/2012 7:54 am
Level 48 : Master Modder
Well, I am just started my The Society project (Big MC Server with many possibilities) and I have no Idea why I should ban donators... They have probably some kind of Brain Damage...
BattlingApollo
11/17/2012 1:26 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
No, it's not. Donating doesn't give you a free pass out of breaking rules unless they said so. And its donating for the server, not PAYING to play for the server.
Kuthedk
11/17/2012 12:33 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
JoneLmFao
Ted_
maxwell321that happened to me, on mcinfected, it banned me for donating 35$
that is stealing

If you payed through paypal you could report them for Fraud paypal would contact them and take them to court. Most likely put to jail, if it was a kid/ teenager that isn't old enough for paypal and it was in his/her's mother's or father's name the father or mother would go to prison.

LOL that's so bullshit, they can't put you or your family to jail.
They can just froze your paypal, take the money amount, or put it to minus.
Only if you have good enough proof.

Ted_Yes they can you obviously ain't had paypal for long have you.

Ted_ you really have no clue how paypal works do you... if in a paypal dispute paypal decides that you should get your money back, they take the money back from the paypal account the money was given to and give it back to you. I have no clue where your getting this whole jail thing from and what happens if the account owner is under 18... well if paypal finds out that you are under 18 and have a paypal account they then freeze the account from doing anything until the owner is 18. so Ted_ until you can grow up from your fantasy world and learn that you don't need to go to court for everything and really a lawyer is going to cost you WAY more than what its worth for the lousy $35, keep your mouth closed and let the adults/ people who know what they are talking about, speak!
majoracraft101
09/28/2012 6:26 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
noob... get over it
Jonelmao
09/28/2012 6:14 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dolphin
EDIT: posted on wrong topic <_:<
Liftup
09/22/2012 9:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Well if they had a reason to ban you then it wasn't a fraud but if they didn't, report them.
BarryWilson55
09/22/2012 9:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
It is donating unless you where promised imunity (which you wont of as i have a vast experience in running and working on servers and NOBODY will do it). The server owner/admin does not need a reason to ban someone, he can ban you if he feels like it because he OWNS the server. You chose to give money to them, you cant then demand it back, bit spoilt on your behalf if you think about it.
So no he is completely in the right in legal terms, but maybe not moral.
Jonelmao
09/21/2012 4:56 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dolphin
LOL thats so bullshit, they can't put you or your family to jail.
They can just froze your paypal, take the money amount, or put it to minus.
Only if you have good enough proof.
Ted_
09/22/2012 4:41 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Yes they can you obviously ain't had paypal for long have you.
seldevall
09/21/2012 4:38 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
It is not illegal Notch allow it and if somone break the rule on the server u get banned and if u broke a rule its your fault :/
Viariouz
09/12/2012 1:41 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
It's not illegal. If they give you what they say its not illegal. Now they can give you it but by law they can ban you. So if you still have those powers and you cannot log on anymore because the owner banned you well then thats just life. And fuck no paypal would not get mad over 35 bucks I had an issue with 200 once and they said thsts too small to care about.
bglen
09/11/2012 3:59 pm
Level 21 : Expert Caveman
Is there even a point to banning donators? Maybe the server staff just wants to make donators mad.
ben88834
09/11/2012 10:45 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Honestly it would be near pointless going to court about it as mentioned it would require a lot of info. and define 'donation'. It's not classified as fraud unless terms were stated. Thats basically all.
Ted_
09/11/2012 10:46 am
Maybe you should read Paypal's policy.
Ted_
09/11/2012 10:47 am
Or terms of agreement idk lol
incomtart
09/11/2012 10:31 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
Well as quite a few other people have said the only way to count that as illegal fraud is that they promised you that you would not get banned. Please could we know if they said you would not?
Al3xPro
09/10/2012 9:50 pm
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
Not to be mean but your cant do anything about it. Your CHOOSING to give them money and thats why its called a donation. So its your choice and if they have a good enough of a reason they can ban you.
Ted_
09/11/2012 5:24 am
If he got banned for no reason they can be reported for fraud and go to prison
09/11/2012 10:35 am
Level 21 : Expert Archer
I hope that would be the case but I mean I AM still twelve but still servers like this are the worst I wouldn't destroy it per say but just don't donate next time.
Gman200108
09/10/2012 8:52 pm
Level 1 : New Network
You could report them for Fraud but then again it's "Donating"...
lanman144
09/10/2012 7:58 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
I don't donate unless they have a good ToS
Edit: ToS is Terms Of Service
marko1
09/10/2012 7:03 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pixel Puncher
lol..did you deserve the ban is the real question?
GreyArkelite
09/10/2012 2:06 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Allow me to explain the legality of the situation.
A donation in the legal sense is defined as-- an exchange towards any organization or person, legitimate or otherwise, wherein one party submits an article to the other without expectation of an equal allotment for a particular cause; cause which may or may not be stressed directly and/or officially by the receiving part. If, and ONLY if, the cause is stressed and documentation of contract, informal or formal, then the receiving party in the exchange will be legally bound to uphold their duties guaranteed via the given contract. Legally, the value of the submitted article is irrelevant, be the article an amount of any currency either subjective or objective, a material item or good, or any article existing outside this given binaric pool that is relinquished to the receiving party.

In layman's terms, it's only illegal if you and were promised immunity to be banned, with or without any sort of limit, in exchange for your $35 donation and not given your compensation; which would mean the donatee is breaking an agreed purchase of a sort that would classify as fraud.

In order to be granted what is due to you, you'd have to hold some sort of documented proof that the agreement and its terms were made and not met as well as some sort of documented proof that any financial transactions that you made were under such a clause.

Even then, the lines here are pretty grey in a sense of whether it is a criminal or a civil offence, so in the end you could end up having to hire an attorney to prosecute him over it.

You might have a chance to get it back if you collect the information you need to report him for fraud, and in a whitemail him for the return of your money
Deth_Glitch
09/09/2012 11:47 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
rockes there are laws, IF tehy have a GOOD reason to ban... distubting the sever in anyway, they are allowed to
rockes110
09/09/2012 11:42 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
Doubtful, W/ MANY Things There's Loopholes: Example Oh IDK That It Banned People, Must be an error.
Ted_
09/09/2012 11:20 am
maxwell321that happened to me, on mcinfected, it banned me for donating 35$
that is stealing

If you payed through paypal you could report them for Fraud paypal would contact them and take them to court. Most likely put to jail, if it was a kid/ teenager that isn't old enough for paypal and it was in his/her's mother's or father's name the father or mother would go to prison.
KillerPro
09/09/2012 11:08 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Prince
Yes First You Should Play On That Server For A Month Or 2 And Understand The Surrounding Issue Then You Should Make Your Choice To Donate Or Not
mommaCarole
09/09/2012 11:01 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
nope. it's not illegal. it's called scamming, and you fell for it. it happens a lot with private servers and I highly recommend you REALLY get to know who you're dealing with before you donate anything to private servers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome