Insta-mine blocks duplicating on server

Garfieldwxg55's Avatar Garfieldwxg555/22/21 11:02 pm
1 emeralds 291 2
5/28/2021 7:37 am
MoominSha's Avatar MoominSha
Hi, I have recently been building a nether hi-way on my private SMP server, so I've been mining a lot of Packed Ice with my Efficiency V, and I've believe that some ice blocks have duplicated themselves. You see, sometimes the block will "mine" but leave an empty space in the water, and it can be mined again to get the block. I was experimenting with one of these that I found, and started hitting it with my pickaxe. Usually they "break" and drop the block, but this one broke for a second and then reappeared, but dropped the block as well. After that I managed to fully break the block and it dropped an item again.
Is this a known glitch, and if so, is there something I can do to fix it?
Many thanks
Garfieldwxg55
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MoominSha
05/28/2021 7:37 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
history
Too many plugins looking at blockbreak events can cause a few milliseconds delay resulting in occasional ghost blocks,
especially instant break blocks. The blocks are physically there but show as air. You may need to drop a sand/gravel block into the air block place then break sand to remove ghost block.
Slimefun/zenchants, multiple xyz databases duped block drop bug for example.

You will not get double block drops from a single block unless a plugin is doing that. McMMO mining bonus for example.
MagicSpells passive on break ore type drop extra ore types spell or Slimefun Ores addon etc.
It just looks like the block dropped but did not. Cannot place a block there. Let sand fall into the block place then break that.

Fixes...
In spigot.yml check max entity/block tick time. Make sure is right for your server setup. increase block tick time
by 25% see if that fixes your ghost blocks issue.

Got mcmmo? Chunk manager (inside the mcmmo.jar hidden.yml) forces chunks to refresh or not after a superbreaker/gigadrill event.
superbreaker/gigadrill rarely causes ghost blocks that are air but not actually removed. Setting mcmmo to handle chunk refreshes
causes mcmmo to make a file for every chunk but prevents all ghost blocks. Reloading the chunk usually works also.

There is a tiny plugin called GhostBuster that also prevents ghost blocks from extra fast blockbreak events.
Might work on your MC server version.

Make sure you have "release" versions of plugins that look at block break events. Sometimes dev versions can be a bit slow or have bloaty unfinished code. With no console bug to go with you may try a timings report to see if any plugin is eating all the well cooked chips up during blockbreak events? Configure said heavy load plugin to be lighter or get rid of it.
HoboMaggot
05/23/2021 1:02 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
I think its the server and client disagreeing with whats at that location. Without a video I dont think we can discern what is actually happening
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome