Permissions related help

katana098's Avatar katana0985/6/12 8:58 am
1 emeralds 271 6
5/6/2012 6:40 pm
Rogue's Avatar Rogue
Sorry if this is the wrong section, or I shouldn't even ask this here, but from the sticky/section name, I think it's the right place.

I'm using permissionsbukkit (1.6?), McMMO (1.3.05), and heroes (1.4.7). In my permissions, I have a group called default (member):

default:
permissions:
group.default: true
permissions.build: true
mcmmo.skills.*: false
iconomy.payment: true
hsp.command.spawn: false
heroes.bind: true
heroes.classes.class-name: true
heroes.classes.*: true
worldborder.getmsg: true
simpleprefix.member: true

So basically, this is a default guy who can't use any McMMO skills. Then I have a heroes permission skill, acrobaticsmmo:

acrobaticsmmo:
usage: Allows a player to use McMMO acrobatics!
permissions:
- mcmmo.skills.acrobatics

I attach this to classes that I want to give acrobatics to. When I add the skill to a class and then swap to that class, acrobaticsmmo is shown on the skills list (/skills). I can level up acrobatics, and it shows up on /mcstats as a skill. If I relog, I suddenly lose permissions for acrobatics, although the skill "acrobaticsmmo" is still in my /skills list.

Can somebody help me please? :c

tl;dr: I lose permissions for a heroes permission skill when I relog, and server restarts let me use it again (until I relog again).
katana098
Level 4 : Apprentice Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Rogue
05/06/2012 6:40 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
typically, most are set false in the first place. I believe Permbukkit supports wildcard nodes, so you might be able to add the perm nodes like so:
pluginname.*: false

At the end of a group's list of perms.
Alpha
05/06/2012 4:33 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior
Hmm i think that would possible but i cant exactly tell how
katana098
05/06/2012 4:28 pm
In that case, is there any way to set default permissions to false, without using any permissions nodes? Then I just apply true.
Rogue
05/06/2012 9:45 am
I'm not exactly certain how permissionsbukkit formats exactly, but Im assuming they would still use a boolean method as opposed to an arraylist for the permissions at that point. As far as the off by default, I'm saying you can't deny everything and then allow it, you have to do that in reverse (allow one and then deny the rest)
katana098
05/06/2012 9:15 am
Alright, I'll try that.

Also, how would I have mcmmo off by default and then only have certain things allow skills?

EDIT: You know, that's a permission skill in the second snippet, not a node. So the -mcmmo.skills.acrobatics is the correct way to do it.
Rogue
05/06/2012 9:11 am
Make sure it looks like this:
mcmmo.skills.acrobatics: true

Not
- mcmmo.skills.acrobatics

Also, if you have a node denied before you say true, it will stay denied.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome