Server no longer works.

XxchainsXx2477's Avatar XxchainsXx247712/5/12 9:47 pm
12/28/2012 4:09 pm
XxchainsXx2477's Avatar XxchainsXx2477
I made a server a week ago and I was playing on it fine. I created a spawn, had some regulars, and hired some staff. Today, I can't connect to it. I can only connect with it using localhost or 192.168.x.x. But, I was able to connect to it with the external IP before. People can't join my server now, and canyouseeme.org says my port is closed. I re-portfowarded, but it still didn't work. I also triple checked that the IPv4 address never changed. Help is appreciated, I really want to fix my server.
Thank you.
XxchainsXx2477
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

XxchainsXx2477
12/28/2012 4:09 pm
I thought I fixed it, but the same thing had happened. I really need the help please. Thank you.
XxchainsXx2477
12/07/2012 7:14 pm
Well, a month ago I was being DoS'd by some guy, so I RESETED(not restarted) my router and got a new IP. Ever since, it worked for a week, and then stopped working.
MrWolfe
12/07/2012 5:15 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Taco
Koz4Christ
MrWolfe
XxchainsXx2477I also triple checked that the IPv4 address never changed.

I could pretend to be surprised by the fact that neither of you read the entire post, but that's too far-fetched.
?

I could pretend to be surprised that you are misunderstanding what the IPv4 is but that is too far-fetched.....

If you check the IPv4 on your adapter on your computer.....that will only give you your internal IP address and your default gateway. It will not tell you what your external IP address. It is more likely that his external IP address changed since ISPs can do that at wim unless you paid for a dedicated IP address.

Please, please, learn basic networking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4

IPv4 is just a protocol. It is not just an "internal IP address".

Obviously, if he was giving out his (by your definition, an internal address) "IPv4" address, nobody would have been able to connect in the first place.
Koz4Christ
12/07/2012 9:49 am
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
MrWolfe

I could pretend to be surprised by the fact that neither of you read the entire post, but that's too far-fetched.
?

I could pretend to be surprised that you are misunderstanding what the IPv4 is but that is too far-fetched.....

If you check the IPv4 on your adapter on your computer.....that will only give you your internal IP address and your default gateway. It will not tell you what your external IP address. It is more likely that his external IP address changed since ISPs can do that at wim unless you paid for a dedicated IP address.
MrWolfe
12/06/2012 5:06 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Taco

Did your computing environment change in any way prior to this happening? Did you enable/install a firewall? Any other things you installed lately?
niklon
12/06/2012 4:08 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pegasus
External IP regularly changes, if you don't have a static one, which is rare today. Listen to the guy above. And, you may use something called DynDNS. It will take care of that, and give you a free domain for some time.
Koz4Christ
12/06/2012 10:39 am
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
If you were hosting this out of your house check to see if your public IP address has changed. ISPs like to change these from time to time.

Go to google and type in "what is my IP"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome