Trying to get "Minecraft's Server" to work.

NinjarakuPwnz's Avatar NinjarakuPwnz9/22/13 6:34 pm
1 emeralds 275 3
5/9/2017 3:54 pm
NinjarakuPwnz's Avatar NinjarakuPwnz
Hiya! I've tried for well over a month off and off to get my server to be accessible by people over the internet, I've had success having the other PC in my house connect to it using my IP address, but when i try to do it from my nephew's PC from his house it cannot resolve host name. So the issue I'm having is people connecting that aren't connected through my router.

computer Im trying to setup the server on: Dell Inspiron 530
6 gig ram
AMD dual-core 2.33 Ghz
Radeo 4800HD 1 gig video card

Internet: Digitalpath connected through E-1000 "N" router all our computers are connected and do not use Wireless. I've tried to setup Static IP tried making my computer use a Static IP, I've tried making a Specific IP through my router and giving it a port all to its own, i just cannot connect from outside my router using the IP address. i even tried with the router SPI firewall disabled, still no-go...

Is this the limitation of the Minecraft provided server that it only works using a router in 1 household?

Also I've tried with Bukkit, but same issue, i can connect using another computer on the same router, but cannot connect over the internet... I've tried every option i can think of, am i missing something very simple here? still browsing for answers but the only ones i find are the ones i've already tried. ANY information would be helpful.
NinjarakuPwnz
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco