I updated Java and now Tekkit keeps freezing

jodyxplody's Avatar jodyxplody10/25/12 6:28 pm
1 emeralds 415 3
10/25/2012 7:25 pm
XCRAFTERS's Avatar XCRAFTERS
As the title says, i updated to the latest version of Java, and since then, i can play about 30 seconds of tekkit before it freezes, and eventually my computer recognizes it as "not responding". I have tried going into the control panel and allocating more ram to java, but this doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?
jodyxplody
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

jodyxplody
10/25/2012 6:42 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Ive actually been using the linux jar file the whole time. the windows version never worked from the start. but it seems its actually just the server i was trying to play on thats messed up. i didnt think to try single player until just a second ago, and it seems to be working fine

EDIT- that doesnt seem to make sense to me though. how could the server being messed up cause a program on my computer to freeze?

EDIT2- did some more playing around and it seems like its actually sphax that's causing my game to crash. i can play on the server fine if i use the default texture pack. weird that updating java would cause this.
XCRAFTERS
10/25/2012 7:25 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Well sorry I couldn't have helped, but please leave a bit more into next time about this kind of stuff
XCRAFTERS
10/25/2012 6:37 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
This is a problem for me too. But I have found a solution, for me at least but hopefully it will work for you...

1. Go to www.technicpack.net/download/

2. Click the Linux/Jar File:

3. Now Put that on your desktop and double click it and it should be fine, if not:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try this:

1. Go into %appdata%

2. Click on .techniclauncher folder

3. And delete your "bin" folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOPE I HELPED!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome