Minecraft Gaming PC Build

OneBarRouter's Avatar OneBarRouter7/2/15 7:56 am
7/5/2015 11:08 pm
Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious
Hello everyone, I really want to run Minecraft full settings with shaders, so I decided that I'm going to build an epic PC. Here is the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KxqDdC

Tell me what you guys think... any changes I should make? Don't worry too much about peripherals like mouse and keyboard... I already have those covered. I put a keyboard in this build, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. Should I get an SSD if most of what I'm going to be playing is Minecraft?

Also, can this PC run Minecraft full settings with shaders? I think it can, but let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Router
OneBarRouter
Level 7 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/05/2015 10:18 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
TechDweebGaming
Namez
TechDweebGamingI'm running the 4690k (not overclocked) with the stock cooler and its AMAZING! As for your 3rd party cooler, its not really necessary for that processor IMO unless your overclocking. My build is silent and I'm using stock.

The stock cooler is horrible. It is way too loud and isn't as cool as I'd want it to be.

With this processor? Mine is silent, literally. That's either your other parts or a factory error/improper installation. Also, windows 8... Really... Go for 7 pro. As long as you have SP1 or later you can still get the windows 10 free when it comes out later this month.
07/05/2015 10:16 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
TechDweebGamingI'm running the 4690k (not overclocked) with the stock cooler and its AMAZING! As for your 3rd party cooler, its not really necessary for that processor IMO unless your overclocking. My build is silent and I'm using stock.

The stock cooler is horrible. It is way too loud and isn't as cool as I'd want it to be.
07/05/2015 10:11 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
TechDweebGaming
I'm running the 4690k (not overclocked) with the stock cooler and its AMAZING! As for your 3rd party cooler, its not really necessary for that processor IMO unless your overclocking. My build is silent and I'm using stock. Also, for the 30 vs 60 fps deal, as far as I know most screens can not display more than 60 fps, but the computer itself can run it. The only advantage to that is 1. bragging rights and if your bragging about your fps then just leave already and 2. It means your have room for mods, texture packs, shaders ect. Also, the human eye can not notice the speed after 60 fps, so as long as your at 60 fps with all of your addons to the game your fine (though that processor can handle more provided you have good specs in the other parts of your build)
07/05/2015 11:01 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
1. Why would you get the 4690k and not overclock it?
2. Stock cooler is extremely loud
3. If you can afford it, 3rd party coolers are always good to have
4. If you have a silent pc while using stock cooler, you either have an excellently noise-reducing case, or you're doing something wrong (Or we have very different definitions of the word "silent")
5. You say that an advantage to having a high frame rate is having bragging rights, yet you go on to say that bragging about a high fps is bad?
6. The human eye is not measured in fps. Our eyes aren't digital. If our eyes were measured in fps, the average person would see far beyond 500fps.
07/05/2015 11:04 pm
forgot about you
Actually, if it was measured in FPS, you'd see about 1100.
07/05/2015 11:08 pm
Woodilicious
I'd just like to mention that I stated "far beyond 500fps" lol. Technically, you could see up to an infinite number of fps. It's different for everyone at any time.

TechDweebGaming
With this processor? Mine is silent, literally. That's either your other parts or a factory error/improper installation. Also, windows 8... Really... Go for 7 pro. As long as you have SP1 or later you can still get the windows 10 free when it comes out later this month.

1. As stated before, it seems we have very different definitions of the word "silent"
2. I have a stock cooler too, and it is also loud. If a cpu cooler is louder than a Windforce 3X cooler, then it is not silent.
3. Windows 7 is no longer supported. Don't be a fanboy. Windows 8.1 is good, no matter how many hipsters refuse to upgrade.
07/05/2015 9:54 pm
forgot about you
kilokreeper
-Woody-
kilokreeper
You can't tell 60 fps from 30. It's impossible with the human eye.

*cough*
http://30vs60.com/
*cough*

Only difference I saw is that one was out of sync with the other.
And if you want to run max graphics, good for you. You want to look cool. But I don't need no fancy graphics.

The human eye isn't even measured in FPS. Secondly, they'd see about 1000. You can definitely tell the difference between 60 and 30. And yes, some of us like to play games on high graphics, because we actually like the graphics of it. Not because we "look cool".
07/05/2015 8:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
kilokreeper
-Woody-
kilokreeper

*cough*
*cough*

Only difference I saw is that one was out of sync with the other.
And if you want to run max graphics, good for you. You want to look cool. But I don't need no fancy graphics.
07/03/2015 9:11 pm
OneBarRouter
Does anybody have anything actually helpful to offer?
P.S. look at my latest post: suggestions-for-roleplay-server-t497486.html
07/03/2015 8:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Lumberjack
Al CatSplat
kilokreeper
Well, there's your problem. Sony spent too much money on the touchscreen, so they didn't put in a good processor. My computer can run minecraft at a bearable FPS on low. And 30 fps is the max. You can't tell 60 fps from 30. It's impossible with the human eye. And my laptop is an i3 intel HD 4000 and it can run minecraft on half graphics with good FPS.

Peasant detected!
And why do you think 144Hz monitors are made?
07/03/2015 7:39 pm
OneBarRouter
kilokreeper
Well, there's your problem. Sony spent too much money on the touchscreen, so they didn't put in a good processor. My computer can run minecraft at a bearable FPS on low. And 30 fps is the max. You can't tell 60 fps from 30. It's impossible with the human eye. And my laptop is an i3 intel HD 4000 and it can run minecraft on half graphics with good FPS.

Just as the other guy said, just leave... You do realized that you just claimed that your i3 was superior to my i5, correct? Please, leave.
07/03/2015 4:31 pm
Woodilicious
kilokreeper

*cough*
*cough*
07/03/2015 4:29 pm
forgot about you
kilokreeper

Please stop. It doesn't cost a lot-- if any money to make a computer touchscreen, and Sony Vaios are very HQ in specs, but they are old. 30 FPS on low is not playable. You can tell the difference between 60 and 30 FPS. Don't start that. If you are unknowledged, leave the thread instead of poisoning everyone with your incorrect information.
07/03/2015 4:10 pm
kilokreeper
OneBarRouter
kilokreeper
OneBarRouterHello everyone, I really want to run Minecraft full settings with shaders, so I decided that I'm going to build an epic PC. Here is the build:

Tell me what you guys think... any changes I should make? Don't worry too much about peripherals like mouse and keyboard... I already have those covered. I put a keyboard in this build, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. Should I get an SSD if most of what I'm going to be playing is Minecraft?

Also, can this PC run Minecraft full settings with shaders? I think it can, but let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Router

DUDE! Chill! All you need is an i3 and maybe a GTX 580. The only thing you can't run it on is my computer. For reference:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01612549
My computer. It's so bad, it's funny.

Dude. You have no clue of what you are talking about. My laptop is a $1000+ sony vaio touchscreen laptop, and it cant get above 30 frames on 4 chunks.

07/03/2015 8:07 am
OneBarRouter
kilokreeper
OneBarRouterHello everyone, I really want to run Minecraft full settings with shaders, so I decided that I'm going to build an epic PC. Here is the build:

Thanks,
Router

DUDE! Chill! All you need is an i3 and maybe a GTX 580. The only thing you can't run it on is my computer. For reference:

Dude. You have no clue of what you are talking about. My laptop is a $1000+ sony vaio touchscreen laptop, and it cant get above 30 frames on 4 chunks.
07/02/2015 8:02 pm
kilokreeper

Thanks,
Router

07/02/2015 10:06 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
If you don't plan on overclocking, this build will work well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($165.05 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($329.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1030.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-02 10:04 EDT-0400

The case and GPU cooler design are up to you. I went with what I picked because I know the case is good and the GPU cooler design appeals to me. If you want a different case/GPU cooler, go for it (I recommend EVGA's ACX 2.0 cooler if you want a good non-reference design).
07/02/2015 7:48 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Bomb787
Why not a 4790K? I know it adds $100 to the build and it's only really beneficial to overclockers, but the extra 0.4 ghz will make the game run a little better. :3
07/02/2015 10:21 pm
Leeberator
If you get it at Micro Center, it's only like $30 more before tax. If it's worth it to the OP he can get it, but it's up to him.

The game won't necessarily run better, but the CPU will definitely stay relevant for a little longer.
07/02/2015 1:40 pm
OneBarRouter
Thank you! I'll ask my computer science teacher about this build!
07/02/2015 9:56 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Your build is decent OP but i can make a few improvements. Can you fill this out please?
What is this computer going to be used for?
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
What is included in the budget?
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
Will you be reusing any parts?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
07/02/2015 1:38 pm
OneBarRouter
I don't want any drastic changes made, but here are your answers.
What is this computer going to be used for?
Gaming
What is your budget?
I don't want any changes made, but here are your answers.

Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
South-eastern PA. I do live near a Micro Center
What is included in the budget?
Everything that was picked out in my first build. I already have a mouse and monitor.
Maybe once I become more comfortable with my new PC.
Will you be reusing any parts?
No. This is my first build.
What OS do you want?
Windows 8. Please do not question that. I'm sticking with Windows 8.
Any specific case preferences?
I'm using the NZXT Phantom 530 White Full Tower
Any other special features that you want in the build?
I'm debating whether or not to get an SSD for my OS and games, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars just to save some time loading programs...

Thanks,
Router
07/02/2015 9:53 am
Leeberator
How much do you want to spend on this computer?
Do you live near a Micro Center?
07/02/2015 1:31 pm
OneBarRouter
I don't know much about overclocking. I will look into it more in the future. This is my first PC build.

About $1000. I can go about $100 over though... preferably not though.

I do live near a Micro Center.
07/02/2015 9:48 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Bomb787
you can use this for a fair budget: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c8Y9dC
u can use dis if u have a lot of $$ 2 waste: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VRVwvK
07/02/2015 8:11 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Toast
Q-Nix
I would suggest getting a better CPU ( processor ) because minecraft mostly runs of your processor. If you aren't planning on playing graphic intensive games, you should defenetely get a lower graphics card ( GTX 770 Ti ) and a better processor ( Intel core I7 ).

For the part to run with shaders, your graphics card can handle it easy, the one I suggested can run it good too.

And about minecraft with full settings... 32 chuncks render distance takes ALOT of CPU power so thats why im suggesting a better CPU, It can be that you still can't run it at 32 chuncks smooth, but for that you need a very expensive processor :p

Hope this helps,
-Q
07/02/2015 1:30 pm
OneBarRouter
Would you say that with my current processor I could run at least 16 chunks no problem?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome