Help? Getting a "Not a JSON object" error on vanilla files for a world gen Datapackbuild

Suspicious Stoo's Avatar Suspicious Stoo10/1/20 9:09 am
4 emeralds 3.1k 3
10/1/2020 3:22 pm
Rainbeau_Flambe's Avatar Rainbeau_Flambe
I'm trying to make an overhaul to upper cave generation, but I keep coming up on the same impass; none of my configured_feature files want to load.

Error code example:
[10:15:02] [Render thread/ERROR]: Feature: Not a JSON object: "stoo_uppercaves:cave_floor_dirt"; Not a JSON object: "stoo_uppercaves:cave_ceiling_cobweb"; Not a JSON object: "minecraft:disk_gravel"; Not a JSON object: "minecraft:disk_clay"; Not a JSON object: "minecraft:disk_sand"; Not a JSON object... etc.

This goes on for awhile.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? Some of the features listed are untouched vanilla features, like "minecraft:disk_clay". People who've experienced this issue before; what was your workaround?

Thanks.
Suspicious Stoo
Level 56 : Grandmaster Llama

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/01/2020 1:06 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Terraformer
Rainbeau_Flambe
Usually when I run into this, it's because one of my custom features has an error that makes the JSON file unparseable (or because I'm referencing something that doesn't exist). Essentially, the parser hits an error which has a side effect of triggering "not a JSON object" errors for everything that follows the problematic item. There's usually (but not always) a message in the debug log following all the "not a JSON object" lines that tells you what actually kicked off the error string.
10/01/2020 2:55 pmhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Llama
Suspicious Stoo
That's a good place to start, thanks!

Edit: Found this:

[14:33:59] [Render thread/ERROR]: Error loading registry data: No key Properties in MapLike[{"Name":"minecraft:lava"}]

I'll try solving this and try again, hopefully that fixes everything!
10/01/2020 3:22 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Terraformer
Rainbeau_Flambe
That's actually an easy one. (I've run up against it a few times, myself.) :)

You've presumably got a reference to lava in the JSON file that looks something like this:

"state": {
"Name": "minecraft:lava"
}

What you need is:

"state": {
"Properties": {
"level": "0"
},
"Name": "minecraft:lava"
}

Definining level as 0 lets the game know it's a *source* lava block.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome