Need help with updating my data pack (latest release broke functions). Any suggestions?people

SirMephistoPheles666's Avatar SirMephistoPheles6667/8/23 8:40 am
2 emeralds 219 7
3/20/2024 2:24 am
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
Hi! First of, thanks for reading my post.

I'm quite a weird person for I've a mathematical-logical disability called dyscalculia. Funny thing is I still completed a 4 semester long technical IT engineer degree (with lots of help in programming-based courses from my friend) yet I still cannot do much programming alone, maybe modify already existing code to do my ideas.
With the help of PuckiSilver I could make a new experience system based data pack which lets you gain experience with alternate methods like minding, building, farming, beekeeping, doging etc. But I always fear that a new MC Java release version will change how functions work thus will ruin the data pack which I couldn't have created myself alone if I didn't get any help. So I ask you, the more well versed in coding to please help me update my data pack with explanations attached so maybe next time I could try to fix it myself if the same thing happens.

Here's my data pack for 1.19.4 which I'd like to update for 1.20-1.21.1.

Thanks in advance for everyone who decides to help.
SirMephistoPheles666
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Botanist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/19/2024 11:01 am
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
A Lost Boy
Hey, I don't know if I can help right now, but I thought it might be a good thing to warn you about upcoming changes. If you use potion effects with a power higher than 128 or if you use NBT values, just be prepared, 1.20.5 and/or 1.21 might seriously cause problems. They basically rewrote the fundamental command syntax.
03/20/2024 2:24 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
They only changed the item nbt format, entity data is still unchanged
03/19/2024 9:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
infohills
It's simple, but study the release notes and documentation for the new Minecraft version to understand how it differs from the previous one. Pay attention to any changes that might affect your data pack, such as alterations to command syntax or behavior.
11/05/2023 3:21 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn
ElvenRanger24
It’s fairly simple to update, unless a specific command used has a drastic change. To update the version of your datapack, just go into the pack.mcmeta file and change the pack_format number. To get the latest number, you can go to the minecraft wiki, where there is a list of the different values for each version, including snapshots.

Here’s a link: Pack_format values
11/06/2023 10:04 am
SirMephistoPheles666
Hey! Thanks. That's all? No other function needs updating or code changing? Just the pack format?
11/06/2023 10:35 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn
ElvenRanger24
Should be!
11/08/2023 2:06 pm
SirMephistoPheles666
Alright thank you very much.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com