About DDos/Dos/Packet Spam...

DeprecatedLuke's Avatar DeprecatedLuke9/11/14 11:33 am
1 emeralds 893 9
9/15/2014 5:03 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
Hey guys I've lately seen a lot of players on a lot of servers saying I think I'm being DDosed

OR

Give me your **** or I'll ******* DDos you...

So to clear things up I will explain DDos and how it works so you would know if someone can accualy DDos you or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is DDOS/DOS/Packet spam?

- It's sending packet's to a destination and they build up and lag you[server]/crash you[server]

How do I know if i'm being DDOS'ed?

Here's were it gets interesting!

- Lots of players say that your being ddosed when your internet is slow or it keeps crashing

= well that's kind of right but how do you know if your really being DDosed?

Answer: In other to DDOS send packet's to a destination the destination meed's to make a port open also known as: Port-foward
They usualy look like this:

So if you have your port's closed your NOT being DDosed

- How do I check if my ports are open?

= If you didn't touch your roter there closed by default and you can check your default ports here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

- How do I close them?

Answer: By restarting your router or accessing your router by typing in localhost in your browser! then you find advanced or port fowarding and remove all the current ports!
DeprecatedLuke
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Leeberator
09/15/2014 5:03 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
I'm pretty sure they can overwhelm your router/bandwidth with packets even if all ports are closed.
KingRex35
09/15/2014 5:00 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
Contact your email thing. (Comcast, gmail, verizon, etc) If it is a friend contact the police if you are a adult.
TheMCBros99
09/12/2014 8:40 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
I'm glad someone explained this, kids kept on asking bout it. Gg op
Afootpluto
09/15/2014 3:08 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Most if not all of the info is incorrect.
DeprecatedLuke
09/15/2014 2:58 pm
^~^
[no necro post only 3 days 13 hours 14 minutes and 32 seconds passed
xSpectre
09/11/2014 3:48 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
alienthegameruk
Hey guys I've lately seen a lot of players on a lot of servers saying I think I'm being DDosed

OR

Give me your **** or I'll ******* DDos you...

So to clear things up I will explain DDos and how it works so you would know if someone can accualy DDos you or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is DDOS/DOS/Packet spam?

- It's sending packet's to a destination and they build up and lag you[server]/crash you[server]

How do I know if i'm being DDOS'ed?

Here's were it gets interesting!

- Lots of players say that your being ddosed when your internet is slow or it keeps crashing

= well that's kind of right but how do you know if your really being DDosed?

Answer: In other to DDOS send packet's to a destination the destination meed's to make a port open also known as: Port-foward
They usualy look like this:

So if you have your port's closed your NOT being DDosed

- How do I check if my ports are open?

= If you didn't touch your roter there closed by default and you can check your default ports here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

- How do I close them?

Answer: By restarting your router or accessing your router by typing in localhost in your browser! then you find advanced or port fowarding and remove all the current ports!

Oh hey there Den! XD
NetworkPCE
09/11/2014 1:22 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
The port one is wrong, you have the port 80 open all the time for example to allow webpages, thats the most normal DDoS target.

You can use ip checking software such as Wireshark to check incoming ip's to your router, you can easily scan up a list of DDoSing ip's by removing every connection aside from the port 80. Then check for the most used ip connection and look it up on an ip tracer or resolver. There will popup information about the ip, you can reveal if it's just you actively browsing google, or a ddos attack from the information written there.

Now again DDoS attacks are actually pretty rare in Minecraft, there are thousands of threats each day, but almost none of them actually do anything. Thinking you'll get ddosed all the time on MC is just being paranoid, calm down and consider the fact that your router is not perfect. It does lag sometimes even though you are not being DDoSed.
DeprecatedLuke
09/12/2014 8:38 am
Port 80 is closed for routers because they use external imput

Port 80 on ************.156 is closed! - Connection timed out
Port 25565 on *****************156 is open! - Service online
planetminecrafter52342
09/11/2014 11:39 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
Also, if you're being DDos'd, you will not be on the internet. Unless you're going through another internet connection, or the DDoS is a small amount, or your network can handle it with a ASA cisco switch.

Also, you're wrong about typing in "localhost" to access your router. localhost refers to the ip address of 127.0.0.1, which is your computer. To find your router's ip address, you should be able to get it by opening command prompt, and typing in "ipconfig"

Should be labeled "Default Gateway"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome