Campaign Mode?

The Wet Onion's Avatar The Wet Onion4/30/11 9:00 pm
1 emeralds 235 4
5/1/2011 2:20 am
Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith
Alright, new here, so please cut me some slack if there is anything objectionable about this post.
I've been thinking about Minecraft a lot recently, and decided that, being a sandbox game, you would eventually run out of things to do. So I came up with an idea: what about a campaign mode? I imagine this would take a lot of coding and modification to the already complex layout, but just hear me out on this. Think of it as a Legend of Zelda type scenario, you could walk around town and talk to mobs, complete quests to rank up, unlocking more quests and new items and amenities including armor and weapons. Please, tell me what you think, does it suck? Does it rock? Do you "have no strong feelings one way or the other"?

Even if this wouldn't become included as an official part of the game, it would make an interesting mod, would it not?
The Wet Onion
Level 15 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Zaralith
05/01/2011 2:20 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Notch plans on having some sort of vaguely defined goal to have an 'end' to the 'quest' but gameplay will not be limited to this.
Superguy0009
04/30/2011 9:17 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer
i heard that notch may add goblin villages, so maybe taht'll add a few things, like finding a map to a dungeon and then finding another map that leads you one place until you get the treasure
markybhoy999
04/30/2011 9:08 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
I know what you mean, I've thought about things like that too, but I suppose with the modding community nothing is impossible! I enjoy playing quite a lot of adventure maps that almost give it more of a storyline kind of deal
SoulStealer
04/30/2011 9:04 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
It's a sandbox game ... You can do whatever you want..

That's the point of a sandbox game ... There is no objective.

There are servers that have quests and stuff ...

So i'd suggest looking in the server section.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome