Castle Building Tips?!?!

SkateAngel17's Avatar SkateAngel175/23/15 11:53 am
1 emeralds 202 4
5/23/2015 9:59 pm
SkateAngel17's Avatar SkateAngel17
Hello everyone! I am currently building a scale version of Hogwarts castle and need some tips on how to make the exterior of the castle look fancier and more architecturally impressive. Please leave me a comment with your best building tips!
SkateAngel17
Level 30 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/23/2015 9:59 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
SkateAngel17
Thanks everyone! And I was already in progress, like halfway done with the castle, I just want to make it look more attractive on the outside
05/23/2015 8:45 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Geek
OneSidedBattle
Try to break up walls with indents and different block types throughout.
05/23/2015 7:01 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Princess
Princess_Corona
Cool Idea for a build! A couple pieces of advice that I have are:

1. Get a crud ton of reference pictures of the object at all angles if you can find them.

2. If possible, make the inner walls first and then put the outer walls around it like a shell.

3. Since it's the Hogwarts Castle, watch the movies! You'll get even more references that way!

4. In game, keep a Book and Quill for notes of dimensions. The Book and Quill can keep up to 50 pages so there's plenty of room.

I'm just pulling out what I did when I made my Princess Peach Castle. I did all these things except for the movie part, instead I played Super Mario 64 DS to find references. Good luck on your build!!
05/23/2015 6:35 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
overcode
Hmmm. That would be difficult and probobly lengthy. You may want to recruit a team for this build. also check online for some sort of model of the castle. You can also look on youtube for building techniques that are used to make things look realistic From a distance.

You can also talk with your build team and make sure they feel the build. Sort of like they can get into the moment.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome