How to Run a Successful MInecraft Server?

Zselsonor's Avatar Zselsonor9/6/14 5:50 pm
1 emeralds 309 6
9/6/2014 6:25 pm
Shimeshi's Avatar Shimeshi
Hello,my friends and i recently released a Minecraft server that we think its pretty fun to play on(not the best server but not the worst). We where wondering how do servers get ten twenty or even thirty players on at a time? I know there are server like High Pixel and Shotbow that get thousands of players at a time but how do create a small server with a growing community?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

sincerely,Andrew
Zselsonor
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

lothongkamMC
09/06/2014 6:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
If you're just aiming to get players all you need to do is buy advertisements. A server I administrated used 1000$ on advertisements and had over 100 players on.
Vextoray
09/06/2014 6:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Wait till you're older.

I could tell that you aren't going to have a good server based on your spelling and grammar.

If you're young, your capabilities of maintaining a server is very slim.
Thinking about a Factions/Minigames server? Yeah, that's unoriginal, nobody want's to play those kind of servers anymore.

There's like 2% chance you will be able to get even 20 players on everyday who are loyal members. Don't waste your time owning a MC server.
Ofri5
09/06/2014 5:58 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Well, just Advertise get everybody to spread your server around, Get Essentials, Core Protect, Groupmanager, plugins like those and get a paid professional, reliable hosting site or if you use you Computer to run your server, mabye keep it on? But I would not do that personally but I'm guessing you have a Hosting Site. By the way get about 1MB
for about 30 people and lots of plugins
daytdog
09/06/2014 6:09 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
LOL, 1MB for 30 people? No. Get like, a gig for 30, plus another gig for 20 or so plugins.
-Rusty
09/06/2014 6:20 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
No. More like 2 gigs for 30 people and 20 plugins ..
Shimeshi
09/06/2014 6:25 pm
Level 42 : Master Nerd
You'll need more. I have about 20 or so plugins, use about 3GB RAM and have an average of about 20 players on throughout my day. Of course I am using some somewhat heavyish plugins. But still. I'd recommend at LEAST 4GB RAM for a server just starting.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome