Is Minecraft turning into RPGcraft?

Superguy0009's Avatar Superguy00098/7/11 3:00 pm
10/5/2011 3:27 pm
SlamageDE's Avatar SlamageDE
I love Minecraft. I can't wait for it to be released, and I can't wait for the Adventure Update. I posted a topic a few days ago about improving traveling/making it more difficult.(here, if you want to see: improve-traveling-t7516.html ) After I posted this and started doing more research on the subject of 1.8, I thought of something: Minecraft is turning into an rpg, think about it.

There are many improvements in combat, new dungeons, ruins, npc villages and more. I'm not saying this is bad, I do believe a more RPGish minecraft will greatly improve the game, I'm just wondering if the minecraft we know and love will still be there after the 1.n update.

What do you think
Superguy0009
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/05/2011 3:27 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
SlamageDE
I don't like it, Its changing the feel of Minecraft, Minecraft was a game about Survival and building blocks, now its turning into this enchanting, Villagers shit, I honestly don't like it at all
09/05/2011 10:12 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
coolrthnu
I am pretty sure notch's blog said it would be optional.
09/05/2011 10:08 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Ranger
Astuka
I think Notch said somewhere that he was aiming for "A block building survival game with Rogue-like RPG elements".
09/05/2011 10:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Spider Rider
nnana
They're doing that because an overwhelming amount of players on Minecraft suggested those things. If one person quits because they don't like it, well... I guess they're a minority. xD I look forward to it though. Even if it is "turning into an RPG", they can't change the sandbox and mining aspect, which makes it uniquely... Minecraft.
09/05/2011 10:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Zombie
deadifyed
I want some BOSS FIGHTS!
09/05/2011 9:58 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
coolrthnu
Im quitting minecraft if the adventure update turns it into an rpg and its not optional. If its an option than my addiction won't cease

I am not saying that i wont like it, I am saying that i would like it after a while, then want to go back to survival. So i would get a choice.
08/08/2011 6:18 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Knight_Mathias
Don't get me wrong, I do like sandbox too but it would be nice to have both, so you can go for a goal, or just screw around.
08/08/2011 5:52 am
Knight_Mathias
okay, thought as much. Though I do like having a goal
08/08/2011 5:54 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
I totally agree It will be nice to have some sort of points system or ultimate goal to move a little bit away from a sandbox mode
08/08/2011 5:50 am
ZaphodX
Knight_MathiasAs i recall reading, Notch said that Adventure Mode would be a mode besides Survival and creative, so you can choose between them, though 1.8 update might not include adventure mode.

Yup, this is just the update to make survival more like an adventure. Adventure mode will be in a later update and will be separate from survival mode.
08/08/2011 5:37 am
Knight_Mathias
As i recall reading, Notch said that Adventure Mode would be a mode besides Survival and creative, so you can choose between them, though 1.8 update might not include adventure mode. He also talked about adding an overall objective to the game, one that would be extremely difficult but be something to make you keep playing (not that we need anymore reason to keep playing xD). Also, NPC villages will be in survival but he has not stating to what extent they will do things and what kind of interaction you can have with them. New Farming is also a plus (I'm getting sick of just wheat). Over all I believe this is a full improvement on the game.

I believe the game can be loosely called an RPG to begin with anyways.
08/08/2011 5:24 am
ZaphodX
I'm fully behind turning it into a more rpg based adventure. Most looking forward to new overground dungeon towers!
08/07/2011 5:12 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Narwhal
jkawias
Here's my take... I think that this is totally improving the game! Think about it. If Notch adds NPC's(which he is) then it'll be awesome. Maybe you could get married or get a companion from the village to live with you? Maybe there'll be Friendly, Neutral, and Aggressive villages. Like Humans, Pigmen, and Orcs/Trolls/Zombies? Then there's the Giant Mushrooms. It'll be like Terraria I think in which there's giant Mushroom fields underground? Then improved combat and stuff doesn't mean you level up certain things. It might just make you dig or chop wood or kill faster. It doesn't mean level up fighting but not woodcutting. It'll be 'Level 2 Reached! And you're better at everything. Then he hints at the Aether being added and talked about Cocoa and Apples on the surface. And bigger/better dungeons, better oceans, and boss fights?!!? It's not gonna change the game it's just gonna make it more awesome.

P.S. I remember a similar post for the Halloween Update. Everyone was like: The Nether is gonna ruin the game because it'll never be the same. It barely changed it at all.
08/07/2011 4:37 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
orionpetra
maybe npcs in adventure mode only?
08/07/2011 5:03 pm
jkawias
Guys... There is no Adventure Mode... Only "The Adventure Update" There's not gonna be a mode it's just gonna add Adventure stuff into Minecraft Survival
08/07/2011 4:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Toast
kidk91
if the npcs work anything like in the yogbox i highly doubt they will be only in adventure mode
08/07/2011 4:30 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Technomancer
iRapp
I am looking forward to the upcoming update, but I feel like a lot of things are unnecessary. For one, the idea of giant mushrooms and NPC villages. I like having strange things like that being available to me in mods, but I don't like it automatically being there. If Notch does include the NPCs, then I would like them to be optional.

Meanwhile, with a lot of things like the Enderman, better combat physics, etc, I feel like it will actually improve the game. Adding things such as that will make the original game feel better, but changing the entire point of the game and overdoing will not make me happy.
08/07/2011 3:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
JayVanFrost
i agree with swedish. that way minecraft is a game all can enjoy in all its 32-bit glory.
08/07/2011 3:44 pm
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
Swedish_Wiking
I think you will be able to choose between adventure, creative and survival mode
08/08/2011 5:42 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Ninja
DJNinjaLegend
Yeah that's what I thought.
08/07/2011 5:04 pm
jkawias
There's no Adventure Mode guys only the update... Still just Survival and Creative
08/07/2011 3:42 pm
Level 20 : Expert Mountaineer
B34ST
I don't think Adventure Mode is needed, for one, if its adding NPC then considering how bad Millenaire made me lag, on 10Gigs of memory, and how bad my friends lag, it may become somthing that peoples computers can't handle.
08/07/2011 5:00 pm
jkawias
Ok dude... That's a MOD. Pistons and other mods made me lag and the actual game doesn't lag cuz Notch makes it so it doesn't lag...
08/07/2011 3:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter
JessieH
^^ I don't think you guys understand what he's saying.

Personally,I think it is,with all the new stuff coming out,it's eventually going to be a /different/ game,but I'm not too sure if it will change the WHOLE game,just the feel of it. It will still be minecraft,which is all about "placing blocks".
08/07/2011 3:24 pm
Level 45 : Master Pirate
PlankGang
RPG Craft FTW!
08/07/2011 3:02 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Skinner
Pikablu
That's the point of 1.8
08/07/2011 3:11 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer
Superguy0009
i just mean will minecraft be COMPLETELY different, or just be minecraft with more stuff to do
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome